Author Topic: newbie on day 3  (Read 1513 times)

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: newbie on day 3
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »
Hi Free, I see you posted roll! Glad to have you back. You know you have some questions to answer. PM on the way.

mb289

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
Check your PM, come back stronger or don't came back.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Sap

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
need the three questions answered buddy. Welcome back, but don't post roll and run off. Own up to the cave, answer the questions.
If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? - Sam Harris

What the hell is a meatless, cheeseless pizza? Isn't that a breadstick? Doc Chewfree

Offline Sap

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 11:54:00 PM »
I see you're online. I see you are looking in your own intro thread. Where've you been bro?

You haven't posted roll in a long time. We moved you to the MIA status.

Please come back. Get active, and if you have to answer the three questions and post in June, then do it. I'm not saying you have to, but statistically I gotta at least throw that out there.
If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? - Sam Harris

What the hell is a meatless, cheeseless pizza? Isn't that a breadstick? Doc Chewfree

Offline Quitforsoj

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »
Same here - if you need anything just yell

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 06:27:00 PM »
Hang in there! I'm not much further ahead. PM sent if I can help.

Dave

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Mtnriverdog
Quote from: Emulator
Quote from: free2farmnodip
Thanks! Glad to be here! Glad to be quit and in control instead of controlled!
Proud to be quit with you brother....ODAAT NAFAR
Keep up the quit. Listen to veterans on the board cause they will steer you right.
Mtnrvrdog is right about the vets. Sometimes, though, you'll have more in common with a guys just a few days ahead of you, especially early in your quit. We've all been there, done that. But the guy just ahead recently went through what you are going through just a couple days ago. Only way to become a long time veteran is to not dip...today. Don't even know if tomorrow will come.
READ, get on chat and make some friends on here who will hold you accountable.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Mtnriverdog

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 12:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Emulator
Keep up the quit. Listen to veterans on the board cause they will steer you right.

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline free2farmnodip

• Interests: Horses, Small Scale Farming (raising own beef, pork etc..) Goats! Running, Yoga, Gardening, eating and living as close to the dirt as possible minus the yurt bare feet and outhouse! Living an authentic life free from active addictions.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Wow, you got the best of the best here supporting you. Congrats on your decision, ODAAT I quit with you.

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Welcome Stacy  Congrats girl! So glad to see you made your way here. Like I said before... This site will be your daily support and key to staying quit. Our Facebook groups are just an awesome addition to the support and accountability! You have my number, reach out anytime you need to.
Also, check out Live Chat to meet some bad ass quitters for more support.

Offline free2farmnodip

• Interests: Horses, Small Scale Farming (raising own beef, pork etc..) Goats! Running, Yoga, Gardening, eating and living as close to the dirt as possible minus the yurt bare feet and outhouse! Living an authentic life free from active addictions.
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: srans
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Hey all,  very glad to have discovered this site. Similar story here: closet dipped for the last 5 years. Smoked before that. Have spent much wasted time lying to and hiding from  the people I'm supposed to care about most over this addiction. Living a double life, work in healthcare and know all too well what this stuff does to a person but been living in some heavy heavy denial up until recently- going to try to figure the roll call thing out tomorrow with the quit group. Again thanks for this site!
Good to have you here! Follow the Welcome Center link above and that will explain how to find your group and post roll.

Don't worry if you screw it up the first couple of times, it's part of the process and we've all done it at one point or another.

Read all you can and check out some of the HOF speeches. What really got me going was the pictures and stories. If you can get through them and not feel like someone has punched you in the chest then more power to you.

Most of all if I can do this you can too. So let's hit it as I expect to see you posting roll today!

Check your inbox.
You can do this, but that roll call thing is the keystone that holds the quit together! Until that stone is placed the entire quit is shakey at best.
Now that your eyes are open read everything on KTC! All the knowledge you could want is right here. This will be very hard at first, but it is possible if you own your quit. At some point it gets so much better, but until then do whatever it takes to stay nicotine free and get your freedom back. PM me if you need anything.
Welcome. In my line of work I see quite a few people in healthcare. I've observed quite a few using.

I guess it's like a mechanic owning a piece of junk car. A carpenter with a house that's falling apart. A plumber with two bathrooms and one toilet doesn't work. A roofer with a leaking roof. I could go on and on.

The poison doesn't care how old or young. It doesn't care what we own or don't own. It doesn't care how rich or poor. It doesn't care how smart or stupid.

It surely don't care about what we do for a living. Quit with you today my friend. If you need some digits let me know.
Welcome. First things first. Can you make a promise and keep it for 24 hours? Are you a man of your word? Then make us a promise that you will not dip today.

Under quitters, you will post your name "free2farmnodip - day 2" Day two assuming that you spit it out and haven't dipped since you made your pledge. You add the number to the days you quit. (If I spit my last dip out yesterday at 5:00 PM and quit, yesterday is my day 1 and today is day 2

Your new group is May 14 - this is the link to your group Click this for May 14 group

This is how to post roll Click this for posting roll instructions

Posting roll is the Magic that will help you learn how to fight the craves and really divorce the behaviors and habits of addiction.

One of them is to act not just talk about action. Post now. Keep your word to us. You will not dip today. Will you do this now?
Day 4! thanks everyone. I've posted roll this am, think i did it right. have been reading some of the other posts. definitely feel like I've been punched in the gut by some of the stories on here, that would be the sound of my denial being shattered. probably like everyone else who newly quits my hope it that its not too late, that I haven't done any permanent damage. I'm an addict... in more ways than with dip. I know what it is like to have to do the daily dance with addiction and what it means to do battle which ironically means surrendering to the fact that I'm an addict, I am now and will always be and accepting that there is a force greater than myself that can help me overcome it, that would be you guys and this site. so thank you all. Fuck tobacco, I'm quitter not a stopper!

hope everyone has a good day! Hang and Rattle Right!
Stacy . 'winker'

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 10:03:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Hey all,  very glad to have discovered this site. Similar story here: closet dipped for the last 5 years. Smoked before that. Have spent much wasted time lying to and hiding from  the people I'm supposed to care about most over this addiction. Living a double life, work in healthcare and know all too well what this stuff does to a person but been living in some heavy heavy denial up until recently- going to try to figure the roll call thing out tomorrow with the quit group. Again thanks for this site!
Good to have you here! Follow the Welcome Center link above and that will explain how to find your group and post roll.

Don't worry if you screw it up the first couple of times, it's part of the process and we've all done it at one point or another.

Read all you can and check out some of the HOF speeches. What really got me going was the pictures and stories. If you can get through them and not feel like someone has punched you in the chest then more power to you.

Most of all if I can do this you can too. So let's hit it as I expect to see you posting roll today!

Check your inbox.
You can do this, but that roll call thing is the keystone that holds the quit together! Until that stone is placed the entire quit is shakey at best.
Now that your eyes are open read everything on KTC! All the knowledge you could want is right here. This will be very hard at first, but it is possible if you own your quit. At some point it gets so much better, but until then do whatever it takes to stay nicotine free and get your freedom back. PM me if you need anything.
Welcome. In my line of work I see quite a few people in healthcare. I've observed quite a few using.

I guess it's like a mechanic owning a piece of junk car. A carpenter with a house that's falling apart. A plumber with two bathrooms and one toilet doesn't work. A roofer with a leaking roof. I could go on and on.

The poison doesn't care how old or young. It doesn't care what we own or don't own. It doesn't care how rich or poor. It doesn't care how smart or stupid.

It surely don't care about what we do for a living. Quit with you today my friend. If you need some digits let me know.
Welcome. First things first. Can you make a promise and keep it for 24 hours? Are you a man of your word? Then make us a promise that you will not dip today.

Under quitters, you will post your name "free2farmnodip - day 2" Day two assuming that you spit it out and haven't dipped since you made your pledge. You add the number to the days you quit. (If I spit my last dip out yesterday at 5:00 PM and quit, yesterday is my day 1 and today is day 2

Your new group is May 14 - this is the link to your group Click this for May 14 group

This is how to post roll Click this for posting roll instructions

Posting roll is the Magic that will help you learn how to fight the craves and really divorce the behaviors and habits of addiction.

One of them is to act not just talk about action. Post now. Keep your word to us. You will not dip today. Will you do this now?
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »

Check your inbox.

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.