Author Topic: quit for the right reason  (Read 1512 times)

Offline bennythekid

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: quit for the right reason
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »
I am on day three, and your words are really motivating today. thank you! and if you need anything, I'm in the October quit group, you can always PM me for a number.

Benny

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
Yep, you have a great start and a great attitude. Using this site works so post roll in Oct and read everything you can. There is usually guys in chat in the evening so stop by.
It is all in your head now but the mind games claim the most victims in the quit game.

Let us know how we can help

Offline Lochi21

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
Quote from: master
I didn't try it to be cool or from peer pressure, I did it because I am a cowboy and thats what we do. Growing up in a large family of cowboys, drinking and chewing was just a part of life. I have been sober for 2 years now, but that was a cake walk compared to quitting this bitch. I have eaten a can of cope a day for the last 16 years. It has taken me those 16 years to realize that cowboys don't have to eat that stupid shit, without it I am still a cowboy. I am 8 days into my quit. The fog has lifted and I am feeling better physically, but the mind games are killing me. There is someone else in my head telling me that I need it, will die without it, can't do anything without, go get it. I am talking to myself like a damn crazy person, constantly giving myself pep talks. My wife tells me, "you will be fine, its only in your head", well no shit. She does however give me great motivation. She asked me that if I lose my tongue to cancer, how am I going to eat her you know what? That should be enough motivation for any straight man to quit. I have tried to quit maybe 3 times all for the wrong reasons. My mom, girlfriend, wife, everyone else wanted me to. Well guess what that didn't work. I did not know chew was so dangerous. All of the men in my life chew, but I have never heard of anyone getting sick from it. I thought that was only for smokers. I have seen the pictures and read the stories on this site, and now I can say that this is some bad shit that we have been playing with. I can now say that I quit because I don't want to fucking die. I don't want my head to be butchered like a hog, I don't want my 2 baby girls to be scared of daddy because he looks like a freak, and I don't want to lose my tongue and not be able to eat my wife's you know what. Time to go cut hay. Sitting on the tractor all day without copenhagen is going to be a bitch, but I will live because I quit for the right reason.
Congrats on the best decision of your life. Now go post roll in your October Quit Group. This is a promise to keep that shit out of your mouth today. Repeat every day and be a man of your word. Send me a message if you need any help.

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you are approaching this in the right mind set. Take it day by day. Post your promise and keep your word. I will not chew today. Today I am a quiter. Don't let that voice in your head confuse you, we all have to learn to drive thru it. NEVER take that 1 last dip or I can handle it 1 time dip again. Quit, post, come back tomorrow and quit and post. Keep your word and use the connections here if you need to talk/text or vent.

Have a great quit today and read everything you can on this site
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline master gator

quit for the right reason
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »
I didn't try it to be cool or from peer pressure, I did it because I am a cowboy and thats what we do. Growing up in a large family of cowboys, drinking and chewing was just a part of life. I have been sober for 2 years now, but that was a cake walk compared to quitting this bitch. I have eaten a can of cope a day for the last 16 years. It has taken me those 16 years to realize that cowboys don't have to eat that stupid shit, without it I am still a cowboy. I am 8 days into my quit. The fog has lifted and I am feeling better physically, but the mind games are killing me. There is someone else in my head telling me that I need it, will die without it, can't do anything without, go get it. I am talking to myself like a damn crazy person, constantly giving myself pep talks. My wife tells me, "you will be fine, its only in your head", well no shit. She does however give me great motivation. She asked me that if I lose my tongue to cancer, how am I going to eat her you know what? That should be enough motivation for any straight man to quit. I have tried to quit maybe 3 times all for the wrong reasons. My mom, girlfriend, wife, everyone else wanted me to. Well guess what that didn't work. I did not know chew was so dangerous. All of the men in my life chew, but I have never heard of anyone getting sick from it. I thought that was only for smokers. I have seen the pictures and read the stories on this site, and now I can say that this is some bad shit that we have been playing with. I can now say that I quit because I don't want to fucking die. I don't want my head to be butchered like a hog, I don't want my 2 baby girls to be scared of daddy because he looks like a freak, and I don't want to lose my tongue and not be able to eat my wife's you know what. Time to go cut hay. Sitting on the tractor all day without copenhagen is going to be a bitch, but I will live because I quit for the right reason.