Author Topic: This is Hell on Earth!  (Read 2244 times)

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This is Hell on Earth!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »
Quote from: MN_Ben
Quote from: T_Roy
Thank you guys. I'm sorry I didn't know it was a nicotine free site. I kind of found it by accident and am not familiar with all the details. Ok, I'm dumping the Lozenges now, and my stress level is going through the roof just from the anticipation, But I understand why it must be done.
Great work man, so glad you found the site and are now nicotine free!

It does suck at first, but on the other side of this suck is real freedom.. Freedom to wake up without craving some dirty weed that's going to kill you, Freedom from addiction.
All good advice T_Roy. Keep quitting in manageable chunks (minutes, hours, etc., but no more than one day at a time). The suck does suck, but it's temporary. The alternative? Death. That shit isn't temporary. Think it can't happen to you? Neither did this guy or this guy or this guy

You can do it. We're here to walk the walk with you. It has to start somewhere. Go post roll with January and let's get to quitting.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline fowlmouth

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-28
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »
Thank you guys. I'm sorry I didn't know it was a nicotine free site. I kind of found it by accident and am not familiar with all the details. Ok, I'm dumping the Lozenges now, and my stress level is going through the roof just from the anticipation, But I understand why it must be done.
That is not stress you feel . . . it is the blood rushing to your raging quit dick.

I played the same game: slapped a patch on and called myself "quit." I was panzy-footing around worrying about how I was going to feel and how I was going to treat my family. Just like you, I finally nutted up and faced this thing head on. I'm here a mere two weeks later and it feels fucking awesome. It is still a struggle, but charging through the suck is an accomplishment. Now go get yourself an accomplishment!

Suck on the teat of KTC: she'll see you through the suck. There are stories from brothers and sisters that make the suck look like a walk in the park. There's an army of quitters itching to walk with you: you are not alone.

Now get your ass over to January 2016 and promise me you won't use nicotine for the rest of today. Check your PMs. Beat your chest and slay this dragon.

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
Great work man, so glad you found the site and are now nicotine free!

It does suck at first, but on the other side of this suck is real freedom.. Freedom to wake up without craving some dirty weed that's going to kill you, Freedom from addiction.

Offline lwildma2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 9-9-15
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »
Congratulations on making the decision to quit all forms of nicotine.

Post roll. This is a promise to yourself and to the brother hood that you will not use any nicotine for today.

The cost of this site is making that promise and keeping it. There are hundreds of fellow addicts on here who have been in your shoes. You make that promise and the knowledge and support is available to you.

It is going to suck for awhile, but it will get better. For the first week drink as much water as you can, exercise, and read and post on this forum. Your body is going to be flushing out that poison and starting the process of healing. We poisoned our bodies for years. It will take some time to heal.

PM any of us if you have questions or need more support.

I am damn proud to quit with you today.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 09:48:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike23mx
It is hard for a few days but it works. Focus on this one day at a time. Don't worry about quitting forever--don't even think about it. Just beat nic one day, one urge at a time. Seriously just focus on saying no right now.
EXACTLY!!!!!

Before you know it you will be at day 9, then double digits. then you'll find yourself actually reaching out to help a newbie in this intro section.

Thats the money shot bro, that's when you realize why this shit is so succesful

Offline Mike23mx

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-02
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »
It is hard for a few days but it works. Focus on this one day at a time. Don't worry about quitting forever--don't even think about it. Just beat nic one day, one urge at a time. Seriously just focus on saying no right now.
Man up and be a quitter ODAAT. Post Roll EDD. It works.

ODAAT: One Day At A Time
EDD: Every Damn Day

Offline T_Roy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-10-14
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 09:31:00 AM »
Roy, it is nicotine that you are addicted to. Swapping dip for a patch or cigarettes is not a quit.

At some point you have to stop the patches as well-- yes cold turkey sooner or later.

Take a deep breath, exhale, get rid of the patch. You will live through what happens next, we call it the "suck" for a reason though. Don't fear it, embrace it and endure it. Drink water and exercise. Life will be much better in 3 days when the nicotine is out of your body.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »
T_Roy, glad you made a decision to quit. Now, dump the nic lozenges too. The success on this site requires you be NICOTINE FREE.

Simply said, you are just making your quit harder by having them around. Get through the first few days NIC FREE and you will be a different person.

Im a Nicotine addict, so is everyone on this site. We cant handle any nicotine (Cigs, gum, lozenges, cigars...), they wil only trigger us to start dip again.

You are a slave to that nicotine right now. ANd want to know something, I AM NOT! Not anymore that is.

I chewed for nearly 30 years. Not 1 or 1.5 cans a day, mayb 1 can every 4 days. But still, an addict.

Cmon man, go a little farther, dump the lozenges, then you can join the JANUARY quit group (100 days from your quit date decides what group you will be in). they have some bad ass quitters newbie quitters there who can help you. HOCKEYCOACH, FOWLMOUTH are just a few.

Browse this site, and jump in with both feet. EMBRACE THE SUCK, is something you;ll hear alot on this site, you are in the middle of it right now. But, it will get better, so much better that you wont believe how good it can be!

QUIT WITH US BROTHER! All the way

Offline T_Roy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-10-14
This is Hell on Earth!
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:09:00 AM »
Hey guys, glad I found the site. I've been dipping for almost 10 years. For the majority of that I was chewing at least 1 to 1.5 tins per day. As soon as I woke up I'd have a mouthful, and basically all day long at work I would keep one in. I have been dreading this process for so long because I knew it would be hell, and I can't believe how horrible I feel right now. Yesterday I had cold sweats all day, a headache I can't even describe and I felt like I was going to throw up all day. My goal was to quit cold turkey, but I had to run to the pharmacy and get some nicotine lozenges. The Lozenges are definitely helping me get through the day without having a nervous breakdown, but I really don't want to lean on them as a crutch too much.

Best of luck to all of you who are starting this process as well.