Author Topic: Winer Winner Chicken Dinner  (Read 8121 times)

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Winer Winner Chicken Dinner
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I have no doubts in my mind you'll be posting roll with all of us tomorrow. You are showing all of us how to deal with life nic free head on Joe, and are an inspiration to us all. Peace be with you and your family today.
Thanks Thumb. In a big way.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »
I have no doubts in my mind you'll be posting roll with all of us tomorrow. You are showing all of us how to deal with life nic free head on Joe, and are an inspiration to us all. Peace be with you and your family today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »
Burn your boats. How real is that? Do you believe? Can it be done?

My boats are burned. If I ever smoke/dip/chew you have my permission to cut my nuts off and use the skin to make a coin collector sack.

I knew I was close but now I'm there. I can say that with utmost honesty. I imagine many things can flip the switch to NAFAR. I felt it a few days back but I am convinced at this moment and it makes me oh so proud of my quit.

What steered me that way, why am I so so certain that ODAAT evolved into NAFAR? I owe it to my mom. A week ago I notified you she is in a bad place. It's amazing how quickly that turned into being in a good place. The odd part is that nothing changed. Her resolution never changed, what changed was ours, her kids.

Watching my mom move from actively living to actively dying has been awesome. Truly. She is at peace. She accepts it. No conflict, no pain, no transgressions. I can't imagine a better death.

For me, I can't imagine a better quit. I am strong, my wife supports me (very important) and integrity is the beacon. I quit today with all of you and I am confident I will quit all the tomorrows as well.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
Quote from: m5shelly
Wow. The news of your mother was the first post that actually brought a tear to my eyes. I'm so sorry to hear about that. I think of how I feel about my mother. I lost my father last February, but I am much closer to my mother. I won't say it wasn't difficult, but I wasn't quitting back then either; I don't know if I would had made it through, especially without the support from guys like you.

Hang in there. I did notice you weren't around as much these last few days, so you can take that to heart that you are making a difference in my quit, at least (any many more I'm sure).

I will be saying a little prayer for your mom, and your family, before nodding off tonight. Thank u.
You can stay quit today thru difficult life events! Know that. Post roll, immerse yourself in the site and do it!

There are a number of quitters that have dealt with the worst of the worst and they held the line. You can and will do the same! Quit like your life depends on it today - because it does!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline m5shelly

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fast cars, Italian motorcycles.Engineer at an awesome tool company in Milwaukee.Small business owner - auto tinting business - part-time.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »
Wow. The news of your mother was the first post that actually brought a tear to my eyes. I'm so sorry to hear about that. I think of how I feel about my mother. I lost my father last February, but I am much closer to my mother. I won't say it wasn't difficult, but I wasn't quitting back then either; I don't know if I would had made it through, especially without the support from guys like you.

Hang in there. I did notice you weren't around as much these last few days, so you can take that to heart that you are making a difference in my quit, at least (any many more I'm sure).

I will be saying a little prayer for your mom, and your family, before nodding off tonight. Thank u.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: basshaug
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Done4Me
I haven't posted much here the past 2 days. My mom is in the process of passing away. A hospice assessor confirmed today. She has late stage Parkinson's and developed pneumonia which is not a good combination. As with any sane person, I adore my mom. Always have. She made me into who I am today. I would not have the desire, self-confidence, but also humility without her. She is my favorite relative, her dad is a very close second.

Really no reason for posting other than I have notified the rest of my family. Felt I should say to you as well. I love my mom but it's time for her to move to the next stage. Still not easy to deal with. I have actually drank a lot less the past 2 days. I like me better that way. You know how it goes, spending 14 hours at the hospital/home/assisted living. Surprised I have handled it well which gives me hope that I am long term quit and the anxiety is getting better.

So, I post this in the spirit of NOLAQ who lost both of his parents and remained quit. Also Pr0f who lost his dad and remained quit. I will do the same. With no danger of tobacco because KTC has set my quit compass in the right direction. Thanks KTC.
Prayers to you and your family D4M. You are a great member of this community, and I'm sure your Mom is proud of you.
Amen brother, prayer to you and your family today.
Thoughts are with you and your family done4. I'm damn proud to call you my brother.
Hang tough brother. Proud to quit with you.
In the end we all will have only one word to comfort us. That word is ‘Amen’. Amen, D4’s mother, amen.
Thinking of you buddy
prayers sent your way, brother. Life is hard sometimes. Reach out if you need.
Stay strong. Prayers out!
Dun4, I say this with a tear in my eye for you and your mother, I'm here for you along with all of these other quitters. Just a text, call, or PM away. Stay strong.
Sorry to hear, Done4. You're a BAQ and her strength surrounds you. All of your brothers are here for you as well.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Derk40
I haven't posted much here the past 2 days. My mom is in the process of passing away. A hospice assessor confirmed today. She has late stage Parkinson's and developed pneumonia which is not a good combination. As with any sane person, I adore my mom. Always have. She made me into who I am today. I would not have the desire, self-confidence, but also humility without her. She is my favorite relative, her dad is a very close second.

Really no reason for posting other than I have notified the rest of my family. Felt I should say to you as well. I love my mom but it's time for her to move to the next stage. Still not easy to deal with. I have actually drank a lot less the past 2 days. I like me better that way. You know how it goes, spending 14 hours at the hospital/home/assisted living. Surprised I have handled it well which gives me hope that I am long term quit and the anxiety is getting better.

So, I post this in the spirit of NOLAQ who lost both of his parents and remained quit. Also Pr0f who lost his dad and remained quit. I will do the same. With no danger of tobacco because KTC has set my quit compass in the right direction. Thanks KTC.
Prayers to you and your family D4M. You are a great member of this community, and I'm sure your Mom is proud of you.
Thoughts are with you and your family done4. I'm damn proud to call you my brother.
In the end we all will have only one word to comfort us. That word is ‘Amen’. Amen, D4’s mother, amen.
Thinking of you buddy
Dun4, I say this with a tear in my eye for you and your mother, I'm here for you along with all of these other quitters. Just a text, call, or PM away. Stay strong.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »

Thinking of you buddy
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »

Thinking of you buddy

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »

Thinking of you buddy

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »

Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2014, 07:52:00 AM »
D4M welcome to the 2nd floor and a prayer for your Mom  for your family. Stay strong stay quit!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2014, 07:33:00 AM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.