Author Topic: Quittin' in Mississippi!  (Read 1963 times)

Offline jslaught

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Hunting, Fishing, Cooking, Tits
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quittin' in Mississippi!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
Definitely the right attitude J-Dawg...I'm in the same boat. Can't say I quit before, just stopped temporarily. This time my attitude is on spot. I'm doing this for me, and that is the only way you can stay quit. Sounds like you have the same mentality as me. Congratulations on getting your freedom back from the nic bitch! Stay strong and stay quit!

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
Thanks for the help in Roll Call, magnum. Day 3 is going great so far. I will be 5 Gum's biggest customer before this is all said and done. Like I said in my other post, I've tried this a few times before. I can definitely tell a difference this time and it all has to deal with my attitude. I was truly ready this time. My attitude is right. My motivation is right. I'm quittin' this shit for good, ya'll. It feels amazing so far. No pain, no glory.

Quit Date: 10/4/2011--HOF Date: 1/11/2012--2nd Floor: 4/20/2012--3rd Floor: 7/29/2012

Offline TennTex

• Quitter
  • Interests: Freedom!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
Get Ready man, this is no easy ride, but I can tell you what these guys have here is the real deal. I am only going on day 6 and if it wasn't for this site, well we all know the alternative. Stick with this and listen to the vets! They will get you through the rough patches. Just quit one day at a time. We are here for you.

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 07:54:00 AM »
A damn 601, they will let anyone into this place.

Just messin' with ya Dawg. Good to have you here. Cinch up your belt and do this.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline gladitsnotheroine

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »
Welcome J dawg. Quit one day at a time and post roll first thing daily. Don't leave yourself an out, as stated earlier, burn your boats. Give me a shout if you need anything. I've got a lot of pinned up dip rage that is just dying to get out and motivate someone.
Reading KTC and Rocking to DBT!

Quit date 08/05/2011

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 12:15:00 AM »
Quote from: J-Dawg
I appreciate the support, fellas. I'm doing this shit fo REAL this time. I just posted roll call in the Jan 2012 HOF group.
Way too go!

But lets think about this for a minute. Your roll call post is suppose to be a binding promise to quit....

So here is the deal. You either post roll as a binding promise to quit every single day or you don't and you bind yourself to being an addict every day.

You choose. 200 and some days ago I chose to be a free man and I would never take it any other way. You can do it too!

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
I appreciate the support, fellas. I'm doing this shit fo REAL this time. I just posted roll call in the Jan 2012 HOF group.

Quit Date: 10/4/2011--HOF Date: 1/11/2012--2nd Floor: 4/20/2012--3rd Floor: 7/29/2012

Offline pokerleader

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
dawg, i say lets get this started post roll and get the bitch off your back. There is no better time then now to QUIT!!!! You just need to post roll and quit with us. Come on man join us now!!
One Day at a time is Awesome!!!!

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
I don't really care who you are or where you are from.

All I know is that you need to quit because your life depends upon it!

Do you want to be quit like us or are you going to be another one of those guys who waste our time?

You decide. It is as simple as deciding to quit, burning the boat, and posting roll every day. You ready for it? We are ready to help so lets get going. What do you say?

Edit: BTW, I am nearly your age, I am 26, and still party a lot with friends. The reason I mention this is that in my experience here almost all people lost at our age are related to drinking, partying, and hanging out with friends who still use the drug. Listen to what we say if you do like to drink and party. Do NOT drink or party for the first month or so. Just don't. It kills more quits than anything. If you don't drink or party then keep it that way.

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
Quittin' in Mississippi!
« on: October 05, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
I'm J-Dawg from Mississippi.

After 2 or 3 failed attempts to kick the nic to the curb, I finally got the balls to take it all the way this time. I started dipping "full-time" on my 18th birthday, so I've only been at it almost 6 years. I never intended (ha, haha) for it to take control of my life like it did. I'm tired of constantly worrying about sores and my lip falling off. I'm tired of my girlfriend of 5 years (hopefully soon to be fiance) begging me to quit and me constantly disappointing her. I'm tired of having the high blood pressure that nicotine can help facilitate. I finally just had an epiphany last week and told myself I'm ready to quit. FOR REAL this time. I think I've got it this time, too. As I type this, I'm sitting at my house... just me and my dog... my roommate is gone for the week and the gf just left to go to Tennessee until Sunday. I'm BORED out of my mind. Yet I don't have a dip in. Normally, this would be prime dip time (especially since I'm having a brew, too). I just keep telling myself if I can get thru this... it'll be FOR REAL.

Anyway, glad I found this site. I knew there'd be a forum for folks going thru the same crap I am. I'm looking forward to putting the years of Wolf Wintergreen and Grizz Straight/Green/Mint behind me to benefit my health, relationships and wallet.