Author Topic: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain  (Read 10930 times)

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
Quote from: tazmed
Quote from: redyota
Bring it AV.

I'm here to fight that nic bitch with you, too.

Yota
If these two monsters of quit are in...I'm there too... B)
Count me in too. Don't know who you are AV but I do know what you're going through. So does everyone else on this site.

Be courageous and take the first step. I know it's difficult. You can do this and we can help but you have to take that first step...
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline tazmed

• Quitter
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
Quote from: redyota
Bring it AV.

Yota
If these two monsters of quit are in...I'm there too... B)

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2012, 08:15:00 AM »
Bring it AV.

Yota
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »
AV,

I am reaching out from inside the community today to get you on here. We spoke yesterday about fear and what it takes to conquer that fear. You are not alone in this fight. You have support from me on-site and the bad ass mother fuckers that are this community.

Put down your word. Put yourself first. No longer be owned by a chemical that is trying to kill you.

-Soul

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Cornholio
Quote from: Souliman

"One day at a time"
"Its simple but it ain't easy"
"This isn't an ATTEMPT at quitting...you are now quit."
"You put your word down with the rest of us...you give your word."
"I am not a unique and special butterfly. I am an addict."
The Words of Souliman are wise.
You preach something brother, and I'll be there to learn from it.

Cornholio - None today.
Thanks Corn. Can't take credit for those. That's the collective wisdom within this site.

"The power is in the priests." - Father Merrin

Offline Cornholio

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: "I am still growing too with all areas of life as I feel when we stop that is when we go 6 feet under. So each day I look to learn something or apply something I have learned in the past as we have reached today based on all of our decisions in that past. They made us who we are now, but do not define who we will be tomorrow, as that definition starts now." ~ SirDerek"KTC is a circle the wagons situation and you need to be inside the circle busting ass to keep the circle tight! Anyone running from the circle does so at their own peril..." ~ Jason (JDM)
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »

"One day at a time"
"Its simple but it ain't easy"
"This isn't an ATTEMPT at quitting...you are now quit."
"You put your word down with the rest of us...you give your word."
"I am not a unique and special butterfly. I am an addict."
The Words of Souliman are wise.
You preach something brother, and I'll be there to learn from it.

Cornholio - None today.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »

I quit today.

You fuckers bring the quit. I just hold the water bucket when you need a refreshing gulp of reminder that no one here is special and that everyone of us is an addict and everyone of us is strong enough to overcome.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm grateful for the support. I hate the nic bitch. I've never despised anything more. I want to hunt her down like how I want to hunt down folks that decorate their cars for the holidays. I'd get all camo with a "I HEART UST" shirt and spit stains on my jeans. She'd think I was a slave. Oh no bitch. I am your nightmare. I am my own man.
Well Done Sir!!!

4 Bones and Rollin

'clap'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »

I quit today.

You fuckers bring the quit. I just hold the water bucket when you need a refreshing gulp of reminder that no one here is special and that everyone of us is an addict and everyone of us is strong enough to overcome.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm grateful for the support. I hate the nic bitch. I've never despised anything more. I want to hunt her down like how I want to hunt down folks that decorate their cars for the holidays. I'd get all camo with a "I HEART UST" shirt and spit stains on my jeans. She'd think I was a slave. Oh no bitch. I am your nightmare. I am my own man.

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
oh hell yeah.

4th floor.

hallelujah. holy shit. where's the tylenol.

nice quit you've got there, brother.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
Congrats on reaching the 4th floor soul man! Keep climbing!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
Quote from: dippshit
Soul, congrats on 400. Thank you for all that you do here.
X2

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »
Soul, congrats on 400. Thank you for all that you do here.

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »

I quit today. I just got to say how fucking awesome it is to see young men in the late teens and twenties giving the old proverbial "Number One" to the nic bitch. I can't imagine having the past 20 or so years free as these men will. Own it boys. Fight through that shit. Reach out. You can do this.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »

I quit today. Few things dancing around in the ole cerebellum tonight...

First, I just want to thank all the good folks here. I'm a lucky man. I know that luck is for folks that don't make their own path but I don't know how else to describe how grateful I am for today.

Second, I said it a few times today but that 365 is not just my hard work but the attention and work of all of us. Quite a few folks have a share of those days.

Third, I really have a hard time describing my state of being now a days. I know a few of you now roll your eyes thinking "here he goes...off on some transcendental journey through the acid trips of his youth". No. I've worked hard to get to this spot. I feel so fucking empowered. I have complete conviction in who I am and what I am doing now a days. Did I need quit to give me the confidence? No. Did I need quit to give me peace? I do believe so. There's no conflict today and that has allowed me to see the path. It starts visually and you consciously take a step towards your goal. It takes effort and control to make a "purposeful step". I visualize that step and the path its landing on. Both are manifestations of what I want (the path) and how I am getting it (the step). After a while, the step went from being a short step to a longer step and longer step and longer as I learned to appreciate the strain of changing yourself from something you don't want to be. Its as though now, I'm in a continuous state of step. I can feel the effort and control still but its constant. It doesn't wane or wax. And I don't have to aim for the path because I can always feel it. This is quit nirvana. This is the treading water in the quit pool. Purposeful motion to save your life knowing that all the exertion is worth it to keep your head above water. Its satisfying. Its completion. That effort is the answer to that simple question: do you want to live or die today. A while ago, in this thread somewhere, I bitched about being an addict and having to face the decision every fucking day whether to use or not. Whether to be owned today or not. Today...I enjoy answering that question because the answer has never been clearer. That euphemism of screaming "I quit" from the top of the building is exactly what I feel when I post roll. "I quit. I am no longer owned. I make my path."

There's something about quitters man...they fully appreciate having purpose.

"Congrats on taking a healthy, nic-free trip around the sun, bro." - Radman
Just ran across this. Well said. Yet another epic ramble from the Souliman. I'll take that step with you anytime.

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2011, 06:11:00 AM »
Congrats Soulman on your one year quit! You have strengthened my quit with your posts and support! Keep up the good job. Proud to be quit with you today.