Author Topic: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain  (Read 10925 times)

Offline rangy96

• Quitter
  • Interests: not dipping
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain
« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2012, 08:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Souliman
I own the things I've done. And the things I haven't........
Never been prouder of the things I haven't done than I am today. Thanks for those words soul. I needed a quit boost and this was it.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2012, 08:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Luby

I quit today.

I was a candy ass. A complete fucking wishy washy little bitch. Feeling sorry for myself. Always looking for a reason to drink this or eat that or stuff poison in my mouth. The boys and I spend a lot of time in Vermont. Being it's so hot we spend a lot of that time in a river. There's this one spot in Stowe that got these nice river stones. We'll build up a solid rock wall and create a jet and the boys will boogie board through it for hours. Good shit. I love taking a second before we leave to take look behind me, see what we built. Totally changed the river. There's a deep swimming hole. There's current. Other kids dig what we're doing and start building it up as well. Makes me feel good to see folks have good fun. We come back a week later and its totally different. A big rain might wash that wall down river. Some kid might think he can build it better and tear it down to start over. Its always different when I come back. I can usually find a few stones that I placed the week before. I knew I placed those right. I'm finally at a place where when I turn around, I feel good about seeing the stones I placed. I own the things I've done. And the things I haven't. Sometimes nature fucks with you. Sometimes other folk do as well. That's going to happen. Nothing you can do about it but place the stones where you think they belong and believe you're doing the right thing.
This brilliance is an excellent example of why I am a Souliman follower. 356 and proud to quit with you everyday.
Soul is the cornerstone of quit.
I like the stand up and be counted quit that Souliman brings!

Awesome!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2012, 07:45:00 AM »
Quote from: Luby

I quit today.

I was a candy ass. A complete fucking wishy washy little bitch. Feeling sorry for myself. Always looking for a reason to drink this or eat that or stuff poison in my mouth. The boys and I spend a lot of time in Vermont. Being it's so hot we spend a lot of that time in a river. There's this one spot in Stowe that got these nice river stones. We'll build up a solid rock wall and create a jet and the boys will boogie board through it for hours. Good shit. I love taking a second before we leave to take look behind me, see what we built. Totally changed the river. There's a deep swimming hole. There's current. Other kids dig what we're doing and start building it up as well. Makes me feel good to see folks have good fun. We come back a week later and its totally different. A big rain might wash that wall down river. Some kid might think he can build it better and tear it down to start over. Its always different when I come back. I can usually find a few stones that I placed the week before. I knew I placed those right. I'm finally at a place where when I turn around, I feel good about seeing the stones I placed. I own the things I've done. And the things I haven't. Sometimes nature fucks with you. Sometimes other folk do as well. That's going to happen. Nothing you can do about it but place the stones where you think they belong and believe you're doing the right thing.
This brilliance is an excellent example of why I am a Souliman follower. 356 and proud to quit with you everyday.
Soul is the cornerstone of quit.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »

I quit today.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »

I quit today.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2012, 11:04:00 PM »

I quit today. I fucking love being quit. 537 days of freedom vs. 8760 of being a slave. I still need this place. I still need to put my word down everyday. Its just too god damn familiar still. That pattern...I can see it still in my head. Still got to fight each day. I want that fight.

Pinkie finger on boulder.

I got to add something. I basically called a guy a no-nuts candy ass panties wearing pussy a while back. Yeah it was intentional. I wanted him to get pissed. I wanted him to see that a quit day plan is for losers. He got the message. Empowered himself and has been a solid fixture at this place since. Just a simple text from this guy seeing how I'm doing makes my fucking day. This same guy knows my struggle and knows how hard I fight. I appreciate it. Hope I get to shake his hand some day.
Souliman, Some of us Addicted Assholes need to have someone piss us off. For me when I get pissed it strengthens my resolve. I also like pissing people off you find out fast what they are made of. Thanks for the thoughts.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »

I quit today. I fucking love being quit. 537 days of freedom vs. 8760 of being a slave. I still need this place. I still need to put my word down everyday. Its just too god damn familiar still. That pattern...I can see it still in my head. Still got to fight each day. I want that fight.

I got to add something. I basically called a guy a no-nuts candy ass panties wearing pussy a while back. Yeah it was intentional. I wanted him to get pissed. I wanted him to see that a quit day plan is for losers. He got the message. Empowered himself and has been a solid fixture at this place since. Just a simple text from this guy seeing how I'm doing makes my fucking day. This same guy knows my struggle and knows how hard I fight. I appreciate it. Hope I get to shake his hand some day.
Great stuff souliman you put it exactly how it is WE all still need this place and all the guys who are here!

The one you called out might have hated getting called out and was pissed but sooner or later he realizes that even though you gave him the business and didnt want to hear it, it was exactly what he needed to hear!!!!

Stay badass brother!!!!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

HOF Speech

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »

I quit today. This place is the undeniable truth. It throws it right in your face and makes you deal it. Sometimes I fucking hate that. I just want some peace from having to answer the questions "will I use this? will I use that?" everyday. As much as that's what's on the form, its not really the question I keep answering. Who do I believe I am? What do I want to be? I feel like a blacksmith. Slamming the hammer down each day answering those things. Strengthening my belief in the answers. Sometimes it feels like an inquisition. Like I'm being exposed. Either way its reality for me day in and day out here.
Soul waxes poetic!!

As long as your "slamming the hammer" and not the nicBitch, you'll do fine . . . .

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »

I quit today. This place is the undeniable truth. It throws it right in your face and makes you deal it. Sometimes I fucking hate that. I just want some peace from having to answer the questions "will I use this? will I use that?" everyday. As much as that's what's on the form, its not really the question I keep answering. Who do I believe I am? What do I want to be? I feel like a blacksmith. Slamming the hammer down each day answering those things. Strengthening my belief in the answers. Sometimes it feels like an inquisition. Like I'm being exposed. Either way its reality for me day in and day out here.
Outstanding!! Keep banging away bro! Everyday without dip is another day I get with my kids! I am not quiting for them I am quiting for me and just enjoying them!!!

Quit on quiter!

HOF Speech

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »

Not sure what that all means but one thing is certain, you are a solid ambassador of quit!

Offline tazmed

• Quitter
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »

Keep banging away...there are a bunch of us who keep waiting to see the latest artistic creation to come from your forge. B)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »

I quit today. Humility. Its takes humility to truly step outside yourself and see what you are. You're not always right. If you were, every time you put a lipper in or took a sip of whiskey or swallowed a pill would have been the right way to go. I think you have to concede that you have failures in the past to be able to create victories in the future on these fronts. So when someone here points a direction and you question that direction, concede your past failures and listen before you spit in their eye tell them you know the path.
Thanks Soul. This speaks to me today.

One of those days...
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
Today I was cued up in the gas station. The lady standing in front of a back drop of green logs of death decorated with bears and wolves and such. The dude in front of me orders one unit of cancer in a can. When I approach the counter I can't help but laugh because I can only think that if I was Souli I would be trying to complete my transaction as fast as possible so I can go out and preach the zen of quit to this dumbass with a wolf in his pocket. His eyes wide open not ever expecting the Souli~zenster to bring the quit so relentlessly.

Stay quit friends. Make me :)