Author Topic: Just Getting Started  (Read 10338 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: Just Getting Started
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
Quote from: per034
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: FLORIDA
Per you know I am going to sound like a broken record but if you dont get anything but this Listen to me now. ITS NOT A FUCKEN PRINGLES CHIP AND U CANT HAVE JUST ONE. I have been around awhile and I have seen dozens and dozens of people leave think they feel great dont need to post. I have this beat. Bullshit you are an addict like everyone else. Get your ass back on the quit train

Luke

You just made my quit that more badass. People who cave make me realize how serious this shit is. Thats why I am still her and will continue to be here.
i know. i fell into the trap that i warned so many other people about. i will recover. i take some solace in knowing that my cave strengthened your quit. and you're right - if you make it a year you should be done, right? nope. and if you're at a year, take this as a cautionary tale. the battle never ends. and i lost. and i'm a broken man because of it.
(1) What happened?

(2) Why did it happen?

(3) What are you doing differently this time?
i don't know what more i can say, wastepanel, apart from what i've already written. i was arrogant and overconfident, i thought i was cured, and this will be different because i say it will. that means nothing to you, i know. my words are hollow because whatever track record i've developed is now washed away. but i won't drift from this site again. at day 10, day 100 or day 1,000. i guess that's what's different. i will not allow myself to get comlacent and drift away.
Do you know who I am?

This is the same fucking shit that claimed TK (who, strangely enough, is your quit brother now).

We don't fucking quit for day 10, day 1000, day whateverthefuck.

We quit for today.

We learn from the past.
We quit for today.
Fuck the fucking future.

It's not different just because you say it is. Fuck. You've already proven you can't be trusted. Why would I accept your word now?

OWN THIS SHIT.

Go out and be a bigger badass than you were before. Go out and be a better quitter than you were before. Go out and be quit.

Fuck man. This ain't rocket science.

Everyday, I fucking take shit in these new groups. I'm in there hands deep getting shit on and mixing up in all the drama. I defend people, and they fade. I ignore them, and they are pissed because "we decide who stays quit". Fuck. I'm sick of it.

But I do that because of things like this:
Hey Wastepanel-
First, I'm a big fan of your quit support across this site. You have helped many, so thank you for that. But I am struggling with one aspect of KTC that you might be able to help me with.
How do you keep supporting those like AN who clearly are not ready to be all in on their own quit? I just don't believe anyone can stay quit if they are not taking 100% responsibility for themselves first. Yet I see an extrordinary effort goes into trying to keep half-assers here and quitting by you and others. Its admirable, but I can't do it.
I'd like to give back more, but am finding I have no patience for those that are not doing every they can for themselves. I find I'm supporting newbies less and less because of it, and becoming more critical.
Any advice or words of wisdom appreciated.
Again, thanks for what you are doing here.
Congrats on the year quit! More important though, thank you for spending the time that you do on this web site helping teach others how to control this addiction. There should be some comfort in knowing that you have personnally made a difference in several peoples' lives, and taken some revenue from the tobacco companies.

Congrats  Thanks!
There is some serious quitting here. Congrats on the 1 year. Fuckin' Large. Thanks for all of your help with our quit as well.  cancer.
eafman day 363
Mcarmo44-239- Congtrats Wastepanel one 1 yr quit with you Luby and CNC
Wastepanel-day 365
dano0726--342--Congrats to Wastepanel and all my badass Basterds hitting 1 year!!!!
Jbfla - 364
cbird65 181 QLF Nice 1yr WP
leeron -214-Quit with Luby. Congrats WP
Keddy - 612 - Nice job Wastepanel!
Steve1357- 340- Congrats Wastepanel
dethan33 -182- Nice Wastepanel
Phil4 - 351 - nice work WP
Moe - 358 - nice work WP! Proud of you bud.
Tstahr-170
sno - 256 - Awesome WP, congrats bro!
Coach Steve - 170 - Quit Like Fuck with WP!!
D2maine 131 quit with WP 360 you Inglorious Bastard!!!
DennyX 386 basterd quit! nice 365 wp!
Luby 349 The annual basterd celebration begins. Great job waste! (bump fix)
j2b - 522 - I heard there is a bad ass hitting one year today - out fucking standing!
Jbags5- 365
Jmiah - 350
Colonel - 364 - congrats to all my yearling predecessors
pavetheway - 179 - Grats WP.
ERDVM 167. dildo WP
Tiburonbob - Day 362 Congrats WP.
vannitro - 359
tk- day 1 I hope over time I can gain your forgiveness for fucking all of you over.
All this shit fucking fuels me to push on and continue on? You know why?

Because all of these fucking people I can turn to if I am ever weak. That's my fucking weapon. I will continue building it until I can't take a shit without a quitter in the room making sure I am quit.

That's how I answered number 3, and I fucking go out and live it to the best of my abilities every day. No excuses.

Never, ever again.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »
Quote from: brainsore
Per034,
I saw this and now I'm pissed . I remember reading your quit story and your early posts and was impressed by it. I thought Per was the shit . I don't know you Per but at the moment I hate your fucking guts . I don't envy you in your tea cup in a sea of shit but all I can say is " Man up and get back in here " .
Fuck this sucks .

brainsore
i'm sorry brainsore. i'm sorry that you took solace in my words only to find that i'm a fraud. i hope to regain your trust again.
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline brainsore

• Quitter
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2012, 11:10:00 PM »
Per034,
I saw this and now I'm pissed . I remember reading your quit story and your early posts and was impressed by it. I thought Per was the shit . I don't know you Per but at the moment I hate your fucking guts . I don't envy you in your tea cup in a sea of shit but all I can say is " Man up and get back in here " .
Fuck this sucks .

brainsore

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: Steve1357
Quote from: Bruce317
Or we can start with posting day 1 in October
Agreed, where is your day 1 at? Or you getting one last fix in now?

Come on Per you know the drill.

"Your plan to quit is as realistic as my plan to win the lottery". Does that sound familiar?
I am quit right now, but I won't disrespect this site by posting day one on a day that I've dipped. I dipped this morning. I never understood how you could dip in the morning and post Day 1 in the afternoon. I want to keep this clean.
If you see it that way, you've taken it one step further by posting your bullshit "I'll be back tomorrow" in August '11.

Don't want to disrespect this site....give me a fucking break.
i would never disrespect this site and if you feel that i am, please tell me what i need to do to fix that. if you want me to post day zero in october right now, i will do that. but i will not post a day one for june 28. i dipped today. today does not count. i left. i'm a douchebag caver. i deserve all the vitriol. i deserve the anger and disrespect i am due. but i know what this site means and how it works. i will not post a day one on a day that i dipped. that may be fine for people new to the site to get them on board. but i'm not new. i'll post my day one in 61 minutes.
Then you know that posting on the boards without a roll call is forbidden.

Post roll or keep it here.

(By the way, the day that you decide to quit is day 1. Yup, you used this morning. But you also tossed it--unless you didn't. It's day 1.)

You know that day 0 is bullshit.
fair enough. i will call today day one, then, and post in october.

Offline per034

• Quitter
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
Per you know I am going to sound like a broken record but if you dont get anything but this Listen to me now. ITS NOT A FUCKEN PRINGLES CHIP AND U CANT HAVE JUST ONE. I have been around awhile and I have seen dozens and dozens of people leave think they feel great dont need to post. I have this beat. Bullshit you are an addict like everyone else. Get your ass back on the quit train

Luke

You just made my quit that more badass. People who cave make me realize how serious this shit is. Thats why I am still her and will continue to be here.
i know. i fell into the trap that i warned so many other people about. i will recover. i take some solace in knowing that my cave strengthened your quit. and you're right - if you make it a year you should be done, right? nope. and if you're at a year, take this as a cautionary tale. the battle never ends. and i lost. and i'm a broken man because of it.
(1) What happened?

(2) Why did it happen?

i don't know what more i can say, wastepanel, apart from what i've already written. i was arrogant and overconfident, i thought i was cured, and this will be different because i say it will. that means nothing to you, i know. my words are hollow because whatever track record i've developed is now washed away. but i won't drift from this site again. at day 10, day 100 or day 1,000. i guess that's what's different. i will not allow myself to get comlacent and drift away.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »

"Your plan to quit is as realistic as my plan to win the lottery". Does that sound familiar?
I am quit right now, but I won't disrespect this site by posting day one on a day that I've dipped. I dipped this morning. I never understood how you could dip in the morning and post Day 1 in the afternoon. I want to keep this clean.
If you see it that way, you've taken it one step further by posting your bullshit "I'll be back tomorrow" in August '11.

i would never disrespect this site and if you feel that i am, please tell me what i need to do to fix that. if you want me to post day zero in october right now, i will do that. but i will not post a day one for june 28. i dipped today. today does not count. i left. i'm a douchebag caver. i deserve all the vitriol. i deserve the anger and disrespect i am due. but i know what this site means and how it works. i will not post a day one on a day that i dipped. that may be fine for people new to the site to get them on board. but i'm not new. i'll post my day one in 61 minutes.
Then you know that posting on the boards without a roll call is forbidden.

Post roll or keep it here.

(By the way, the day that you decide to quit is day 1. Yup, you used this morning. But you also tossed it--unless you didn't. It's day 1.)

You know that day 0 is bullshit.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline per034

• Quitter
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »

Luke

I have seen people cave at over 1,000. They forgot what got them to that place as did you. We are addicts, always will be the day you forget that you are doomed.

Remember what you are feeling today, sucks I am sure, never forget this feeling.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »

Luke

(1) What happened?

(2) Why did it happen?

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »

Offline per034

• Quitter
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »

Luke

Offline FLORIDA LUKE

• Quitter
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »

Luke

FLORIDALUKE
GUARD DEC 2010

HOF 12/23/2010
2nd 04/02/2011
3rd 07/11/2011
1 Year 09/14/2011
4th 10/19/2011
5th 01/27/2012

YOUR MIND IS YOUR MOST POWERFUL DRUG.

Offline per034

• Quitter
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
God dammit Per. God fucking dammit.

You know this place. You know what is here. How the fucking christ can you ignore the folks around you? How the hell did you not ask any of those steel balled fuckers in your group for help? Did you send a text? Did you send a message? Did you ask anyone for help? Do you want this? You know how I work. Say that shit out loud. "I QUIT". Do you believe it when you say it? I need to hear some fucking resolve.
i quit soul. i quit. i didn't reach out because it was one. i thought it would be one and done. and then once it was one, it was already done. it was impossible to reach out. i'd already failed. i'd already disrespected my brothers and sisters. i couldn't reach out. it was too late. i know how this works. i was - at one point in my life - a bamf. i'm not anymore. now i'm just a newbie. the hardest part about posting my failure was not the shit storm that was coming. the hardest part was the disappointment i knew folks like you would feel. i let you down. no matter that this quit will last forever, i will never be able to change the fact that i let you down. resolve? my failure informs my resolve. in the past i've made the point that what motivates me is fear of disappointment - not my own, but disappointing others. now i have to deal with that. and it is a harsh reality. knowing the disappointment that i've caused others makes my resolve so much stronger. today is not a good day because i dipped today. tomorrow will be a great day because it will be a day free of dip.

Offline mikegooch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Real Estate Auctions, Speaking, Ventriloquism
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
God dammit Per. God fucking dammit.

You know this place. You know what is here. How the fucking christ can you ignore the folks around you? How the hell did you not ask any of those steel balled fuckers in your group for help? Did you send a text? Did you send a message? Did you ask anyone for help? Do you want this? You know how I work. Say that shit out loud. "I QUIT". Do you believe it when you say it? I need to hear some fucking resolve.
I love you guys and your passion.. I swear i do.. There is classic Quit all over the above statement...Thanks Souliman! Internalize all that Girls!

Offline mikegooch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Real Estate Auctions, Speaking, Ventriloquism
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »

If you quit you have actually won the lottery! You can not buy freedom like that! It is priceless.. Quit On! Gooch