Author Topic: Noob here  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Jeff123

• Likes Given: 0
Noob here
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
Hello,

I'd like to state my story even tho it's pretty similar to just about everyone on here. I smoked for about 7yrs before joing the Marines. Couldn't smoke in boot camp, so naturally that was the first thing I did when I graduated. My friend and I bought a pack, and smoked them till they tasted "normal" again. Real smart. Then we went to more training where you sit in fighting holes for hours on end. No smoking allowed, so bring in the CHEW! I was hooked. I started to find all the things I could with dipping that was hard to do with smoking. Some favorites are playing video games, working on cars, watching movies, dropping a duece, you know how it is. I quit smoking a year ago and became a full fledged dipper. I am the classic "I'll quit after this, I'll quit after that, I can't quit before this event" blah blah blah. I've discovered there are ALWAYS excuses not to quit. But there are more reasons why I should. I'm on day 3 without putting crap in my mouth. I've had the patch on for the 2 days and it helps me plenty. On day one, I had a pounding headache the whole time. But I knew it would be the worst day. I'm already feeling better and plan to go patch free tomorrow. The part I struggle with the most is when I do the activities that use to automatically call for a dip... U guys know what I'm saying. Looking forward to bsing with some of you during this cleansing.