Author Topic: Never to late  (Read 3249 times)

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Never to late
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2016, 08:49:00 PM »
Quote from: backwoods901
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: ChickDip
It has been a rough week, Not Nic wise I have had no cravings had a little funk to start, Monday but thats nothing new when you are driving 86 miles to work and back everyday.

Then came Tuesday, I Have been with my wife for 8 years and I have been drug through hell with her. She has been homesick, regretful of marrying me, regretful of staying for so long. It has been a struggle lately with her, I have stuck with a women who hasn't wanted to be with me since 2010. A women who utilizes me as the convenient person who will not leave, She has her "friends" that are their for her emotionally and she has left me on the back burner for most things.

This all changed the last 4 days and it has been rough, Basically the women I married has hidden alot of her life from me and never has she wanted to or told me about it. She finally came clean (she hasnt been cheating at least Physically) she has been using people in her facebook world to replace me emotionally and to be the one she talks to when times are rough. She came clean about her families past and how hard it has been and how emotionally wrecked she is and the way she was treated for years by her mom and step dad. She threatened to leave, she has threatened everything at me the last couple days, but here I sit.

this has probably been some of the roughest days within my quit, She is seeking therapy and she is working on figuring out how to commit to me but damn it has been hard and the part that is a win is I have not craved at all during this time.
So sorry backwoods, that is a heart wrencher.
I hope you guys can work through it now that its out in the open. Lots of us hid the fact we dipped for years, i feel free and more apt to witness about my quit now with those i kept it from.
I'm proud to call you quit brother, that's some adversity to fight through. Stay strong, stay the course, stay connected.
Backwoods from my experience with my wife she had some very bad things that happened to her when she was young and it still rears its ugly head after 33 years. It's hard my friend and I contemplated to leave several times but it seems to always work out. Its hard my friend for you and her. It takes special kind of people to work through it but it's not impossible. Don't give up if you truly love each other. Prayers to you my friend.
I appreciate it all, It is rough we hit patches here and there where everything is fine and runs smooth then times like now where it has been hell since Tuesday and my body finally shut off today and made me sit inside all day. I haven't given up on her yet and will not like her family did to her so many times in the past, It just makes some days more rough then others, luckily i sustain from alcohol when these things happens and I keep my head clear and free. She knows that with our four kids and how much I have grown with her over the years I am not going anywhere anytime soon.

Tonight has been better, first night where I am not in a deep emotional conversation with her, She calmed down and is working with an actual friend of hers who know how she is, She tries to push me farther and farther away because something in her past flared up with her mother.
I will keep her, and you, in my prayers brother. Affairs of the heart can be the most difficult things we have to deal with on this earth. I pray you both get through this and come out stronger and more deeply committed to each other once you do.

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2016, 08:32:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
It has been a rough week, Not Nic wise I have had no cravings had a little funk to start, Monday but thats nothing new when you are driving 86 miles to work and back everyday.

Then came Tuesday, I Have been with my wife for 8 years and I have been drug through hell with her. She has been homesick, regretful of marrying me, regretful of staying for so long. It has been a struggle lately with her, I have stuck with a women who hasn't wanted to be with me since 2010. A women who utilizes me as the convenient person who will not leave, She has her "friends" that are their for her emotionally and she has left me on the back burner for most things.

This all changed the last 4 days and it has been rough, Basically the women I married has hidden alot of her life from me and never has she wanted to or told me about it. She finally came clean (she hasnt been cheating at least Physically) she has been using people in her facebook world to replace me emotionally and to be the one she talks to when times are rough. She came clean about her families past and how hard it has been and how emotionally wrecked she is and the way she was treated for years by her mom and step dad. She threatened to leave, she has threatened everything at me the last couple days, but here I sit.

this has probably been some of the roughest days within my quit, She is seeking therapy and she is working on figuring out how to commit to me but damn it has been hard and the part that is a win is I have not craved at all during this time.
I hope you guys can work through it now that its out in the open. Lots of us hid the fact we dipped for years, i feel free and more apt to witness about my quit now with those i kept it from.
I'm proud to call you quit brother, that's some adversity to fight through. Stay strong, stay the course, stay connected.
Backwoods from my experience with my wife she had some very bad things that happened to her when she was young and it still rears its ugly head after 33 years. It's hard my friend and I contemplated to leave several times but it seems to always work out. Its hard my friend for you and her. It takes special kind of people to work through it but it's not impossible. Don't give up if you truly love each other. Prayers to you my friend.
I appreciate it all, It is rough we hit patches here and there where everything is fine and runs smooth then times like now where it has been hell since Tuesday and my body finally shut off today and made me sit inside all day. I haven't given up on her yet and will not like her family did to her so many times in the past, It just makes some days more rough then others, luckily i sustain from alcohol when these things happens and I keep my head clear and free. She knows that with our four kids and how much I have grown with her over the years I am not going anywhere anytime soon.

Tonight has been better, first night where I am not in a deep emotional conversation with her, She calmed down and is working with an actual friend of hers who know how she is, She tries to push me farther and farther away because something in her past flared up with her mother.
9/6/2016

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2043
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2016, 01:24:00 PM »

July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »

9/6/2016

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: worktowin
So tonight sucked 241 days in and I felt great about going out to work on my project truck for the first time since i quit (73 f100) well lo and behold there was a trigger and a major one. I own 6 cars only 2 don't run, so you can imagine what i spent alot of time doing. I don't even have to change my oil anymore my 6 year old does.

While tonight was no different was starting on the heads for my other none running car an 06 kia that needs heads rebuilt and i thought how easy that job would be to knock out then head out to the truck to spend some quality time with a 6 pack of Carolina blonde and my truck. I was pumped getting back into the flow of what i enjoy spending time doing me the radio and car work. well that did not work out very well i legitamently sat down in my stool and started to work and was instantly in a daze and well i turned around came inside.

Well as you see now here I Am sitting at my table typing this out and drinking my 6 pack with no work completed but another win for the ole not letting the nic bitch back in. But damn it sucks I was so pumped to have that job done and to start on my truck again.

one day i will finish up something like that without having to have a crave other then that I am quit with all of you
It gets better. A lot.

You'll get there. Nice win dude.
It takes time. 240-50 days quit compared to how many YEARS you spent polluting your brain with enough nicotine to kill a lab rat on a daily basis? No wonder we are all foggy from time to time even months into a quit. You keep doing what you're doing and as WTW said, it'll get better. A LOT better. It doesn't ever completely go away, but I have a hunch within a year or so, that F100 will be back on the road! (Not that I'm a blue oval fan, but I like old cars too).
Cavman, I know i spend 8 years dipping which, will take a long time to heal up and get rid of the mental games. I am working day by day to get the quit strong, I got a Phone call from JonM yesterday who was having a rough day and that helped to put everything into perspective more for me cause i was there but now i dont have to to deal with the 15 day suck anymore just battling small triggers that only come on certain projects.

i picked up the Blue oval for 800 bucks including motor and transmission, Only blue oval i own but im not brand loyal im cheap!
9/6/2016

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 09:34:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
So tonight sucked 241 days in and I felt great about going out to work on my project truck for the first time since i quit (73 f100) well lo and behold there was a trigger and a major one. I own 6 cars only 2 don't run, so you can imagine what i spent alot of time doing. I don't even have to change my oil anymore my 6 year old does.

While tonight was no different was starting on the heads for my other none running car an 06 kia that needs heads rebuilt and i thought how easy that job would be to knock out then head out to the truck to spend some quality time with a 6 pack of Carolina blonde and my truck. I was pumped getting back into the flow of what i enjoy spending time doing me the radio and car work. well that did not work out very well i legitamently sat down in my stool and started to work and was instantly in a daze and well i turned around came inside.

Well as you see now here I Am sitting at my table typing this out and drinking my 6 pack with no work completed but another win for the ole not letting the nic bitch back in. But damn it sucks I was so pumped to have that job done and to start on my truck again.

one day i will finish up something like that without having to have a crave other then that I am quit with all of you
It gets better. A lot.

It takes time. 240-50 days quit compared to how many YEARS you spent polluting your brain with enough nicotine to kill a lab rat on a daily basis? No wonder we are all foggy from time to time even months into a quit. You keep doing what you're doing and as WTW said, it'll get better. A LOT better. It doesn't ever completely go away, but I have a hunch within a year or so, that F100 will be back on the road! (Not that I'm a blue oval fan, but I like old cars too).

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 06:28:00 AM »

It gets better. A lot.

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 08:21:00 PM »

9/6/2016

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 08:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Always a breath of fresh air when we get to see a guy grab the bull by its horns and jump head first into his quit. Its that drive that helps continue to fuel the drive of both new and old quitters. Keep it up BW - you've got the attention of a lot of Badass quitters - which is exactly what you need to keep doing. The more accountability, the stronger your bonds, and the stronger your quit.
Thank you i appreciate it i am trying my damn best here to make a long lasting impression on here.
9/6/2016

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Always a breath of fresh air when we get to see a guy grab the bull by its horns and jump head first into his quit. Its that drive that helps continue to fuel the drive of both new and old quitters. Keep it up BW - you've got the attention of a lot of Badass quitters - which is exactly what you need to keep doing. The more accountability, the stronger your bonds, and the stronger your quit.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 03:55:00 PM »
Way to get involved brother! Helping other quitters is the real shit!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 02:24:00 PM »
Quote from: RDB1972
Cool. I was wondering what sparked your sudden and very welcome increase in activity. I had been very active in a personal finance forum before getting active here. I rarely visit that site now. I had always felt like a fraud getting and giving personal finance advice while I was spending so much on the Grizzly.

I have four kids, too. Ages range from 6 - 14. My oldest will start her HS freshman year this fall.

Proud to be quit with you backwoods.
It clicked about 2 weeks ago and i realized i need to be her and try to help instead of posting and ghosting. Its good to see so many April brothers on here helping as much as they can.

Always glad to be quit with you!
This is the best decision you've made.

We let ourselves down for years. The idea of disappointing and failing all of the people that respect you on KTC.... No way. No way a plant in a can will take away your integrity.

Brotherhood.

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »
Quote from: RDB1972
Cool. I was wondering what sparked your sudden and very welcome increase in activity. I had been very active in a personal finance forum before getting active here. I rarely visit that site now. I had always felt like a fraud getting and giving personal finance advice while I was spending so much on the Grizzly.

I have four kids, too. Ages range from 6 - 14. My oldest will start her HS freshman year this fall.

Proud to be quit with you backwoods.
It clicked about 2 weeks ago and i realized i need to be her and try to help instead of posting and ghosting. Its good to see so many April brothers on here helping as much as they can.

Always glad to be quit with you!
9/6/2016

Offline JonM

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-21
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 11:07:00 AM »
Throwing a thank you out to backwoods for the short chats already, and for being one of many inspirational bad ass quitters on this site! You rock, along with Chick and Nomore, and so many others on here!