Author Topic: Uncas arriving  (Read 1010 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: Uncas arriving
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
God, your family, ktc, yeah we can all help you in this fight to step away from nicotine, and we will, but you are the one that must help your self the most.

Get your mind right, come to the realization the you can never ever for any reason ingest that crap again. Make it through today with that mind frame and when you wake up in the morning we will work on it all over again.

You can do this!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »
There isn't a single good reason to ever ingest nicotine again. You don't even enjoy using it. You just don't enjoy NOT using it. It's called addiction.

Dump all nic and post roll call right this second and let's get it done. Don't think; just quit.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
topic/1008859/1/

Read this Uncas

Your daughters and son deserve better

There is no Tomorrow when it comes to quitting

Now

IS the time
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Rebel346

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 03:54:00 PM »
Hey man glad you found your way here, but why wait????

No time like the present, if you want to quit then just quit.

If you are willing then I quit with you today!

Check your pm's.

Offline Uncas

• Quit Date: 2014-08-11
Uncas arriving
« on: August 09, 2014, 03:34:00 PM »
Hey! Pretty new here, and I thought I'd post an intro and meet some people.

Started dipping in 1987 at 14 when my friends and I would bike to a c-store with a "note from dad" to sell us some chew. Can't believe it sometimes worked.

Got into it for real in 1989 and got worse and worse until I quit while I was in the Marines in 1999. Had a bet with some of my brother Marines. Won it.

Like an idiot, I started again in 2004 while working construction. Worked myself up to a can/day; now, I'm gutting Grizzly LC Wintergreen while I teach HS English and coach Football. Terrible.

I've got three young kids now: daughter 7, son 4, daughter 3. Ready to quit, but dreading the quit. I set a target date a few weeks ago: start of the school year and start of FB season, August 11.

I know I'll need help from God, family, and the amazing folks at this site. Can't say how glad I am to have found it.

Uncas
The door is a trap. Make a new door with your rocket launcher.