Author Topic: My first day  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Skatulla

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-12-31
  • Interests: Walking, Dogs, Girls, Video games.
  • Likes Given: 0
My first day
« on: January 24, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
Howdy, been dipping around 4 years (consistently) now, started out in college when I was too broke to pay for smokes so I tried dip, didn't fancy it at first and quit. A year later when I was Enlisting into the Air Force I knew my cardio needed work so I decided to dip instead of smoke cigarettes for my nic fix, hoping that it would help my running. Once I got out of basic I fell into the trap of using again one drunken night off base, and pretty much since then I've been using. I was required to work inside of a 'secure facility' where there wasn't even any windows, so OTJ dipping was the only way to get a fix, no vape or smokes allowed.

A couple of days ago I saw a red bump on my tongue and freaked, right then and there I flushed my shit and spent hours googleing for mouth cancer pictures, and eventually stumbling upon this site. I'm giving it 14 days to go away or I'm getting my dentist to check it out. I never really contemplated all these years that I could be a cancer victim at 24, I kept telling myself I'd quit years down the road, but that time never came. So here I am 124 hours without a dip and roughly 1 hour without nicotine (vape), the cancer scared me enough to stay away from dip for the rest of my life, I'm just hoping I can stay away from nicotine for good.