Author Topic: Well here I am  (Read 1856 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Well here I am
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
Kick ass 7 days. One day at a time -this gets better.

It is a god idea to journal your progress. It is nice to look bad and see the bullshit that nicotine put us through, while you are winning! Proud to wuit with you today sir.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »
Quote from: rcohan
Thanks HeathDux, Bean and Rawles, Two things helped me last night. The first was when I had a craving, I had someplace to go and sound off about it. Right here. And that reminded me about how hard this is but also how many other brothers in the can had done or were doing it too. Let me know that I CAN do this. I actually looked forward to being able to post in roll call this morning that I was still nic free. If I had caved, then I wouldn't have been able to do it. Sounds a little self centered and boastful. But right now, I still need the tons of encouragement and support I get here. This site is awesome. You guys are awesome. I've won 4 days in a row and I'm looking forward to tomorrow to say I made it 5. I am so jealous of the guys that are posting over 100 and I want to be there too. But that's going to take me another 95 days and too far in the future to worry about now. So today, today I quit. You guys are rocking my world. Thanks again.
Being a ninja is no way to live. The lies, the sneakiness, the hiding...

You will not believe how good freedom is. Here is just one example... Vacation. You didn't take vacations in the past. Remember where you hoarded cans and were then crazy making excuses about why she couldn't touch your suitcase? How about making excuses to spend an hour in the lobby bathroom at the hotel? Ever run out and had to drive around some remote place for your brand and had to pay $15 for a can?

No more hiding. No more lies. No more sneaking around. Dude I could type this shit all day long. You are really gonna like the new you.

If you need another contact, shoot me a pm. I'd be happy to be in your circle of accountability. For 25 years I was a ninja. Now I am free. 820 days ago I didn't think it was possible - and without this site and members like you I don't think it would be possible.

Offline rcohan

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 07:38:00 AM »
Thanks HeathDux, Bean and Rawles, Two things helped me last night. The first was when I had a craving, I had someplace to go and sound off about it. Right here. And that reminded me about how hard this is but also how many other brothers in the can had done or were doing it too. Let me know that I CAN do this. I actually looked forward to being able to post in roll call this morning that I was still nic free. If I had caved, then I wouldn't have been able to do it. Sounds a little self centered and boastful. But right now, I still need the tons of encouragement and support I get here. This site is awesome. You guys are awesome. I've won 4 days in a row and I'm looking forward to tomorrow to say I made it 5. I am so jealous of the guys that are posting over 100 and I want to be there too. But that's going to take me another 95 days and too far in the future to worry about now. So today, today I quit. You guys are rocking my world. Thanks again.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 12:04:00 AM »
Quote from: Bean
^^^^ YES ^^^^ For all of that stuff. Post roll, read everything you can and repeat. That's all there is to it. You got this! You really can do this. Don't believe me? Then go to the Quit Groups and click around...not just your group, but click around a few other years and months. Then think...every name you see there...EVERY ONE OF THEM...is or has been right where you are now. And they are living free. Every last one of them...living free. Pretty cool, huh?

Nobody can do this for you. Quitting is a privilege reserved to those who have the guts to do it. YOU are earning your freedom ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Some say this sucks. But you tell me what sucks...cancer, chemotherapy, feeding tubes, torturing those who love you the most with your death, no jaw, no tongue, disfiguring surgery or withdrawal symptoms?

Tell me...just exactly what sucks about doing something as heroic as saving your own life? To me, you a badass hero for having made the choice. Never miss a chance to recognize your own greatness. Now stick with it. Post roll, read and repeat. CONGRATS!!!
Bean your a BA.
Rcohan. You might read Bean's post again, and again.. Then grab a bottle of water and go for a walk.
It's not gonna be fun.
And if you were to cave it will only get worse.
Everyday will get better.
Let your old self identity die.
Be excited about your new freedom.
You have a great quit started.. Don't go backwards.
I quit with you today.
How many digits have you exchanged?
Get some more.
I believe.....

Offline HeathDux

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-16
  • Interests: Fishing, Weight lifting, and most importantly, my kiddos, they are my legacy
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 10:12:00 PM »
Man today is tough. I want so bad to search the house for that can I forgot to throw away but I know there is none in the house and that is the only thing saving me right now. This needs to get better soon! Just gotta make it through today though. Just through today.
Hang in there man. Get some Smokey Mountain, it helps. I am only Day 7 and yes, i have had a few rough days myself, the fake stuff helps. Tastes like shit but it does help. PM if your number if you want a text buddy.
I had to ask myself, "are you going to be a pussy today?" Stop putting this shit in your lip

Offline rcohan

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »
Man today is tough. I want so bad to search the house for that can I forgot to throw away but I know there is none in the house and that is the only thing saving me right now. This needs to get better soon! Just gotta make it through today though. Just through today.

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 10:12:00 PM »
RC, welcome to KTC and the June Goons! Proud to be quit with you. Check your PM box brother.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 07:16:00 PM »
^^^^ YES ^^^^ For all of that stuff. Post roll, read everything you can and repeat. That's all there is to it. You got this! You really can do this. Don't believe me? Then go to the Quit Groups and click around...not just your group, but click around a few other years and months. Then think...every name you see there...EVERY ONE OF THEM...is or has been right where you are now. And they are living free. Every last one of them...living free. Pretty cool, huh?

Nobody can do this for you. Quitting is a privilege reserved to those who have the guts to do it. YOU are earning your freedom ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Some say this sucks. But you tell me what sucks...cancer, chemotherapy, feeding tubes, torturing those who love you the most with your death, no jaw, no tongue, disfiguring surgery or withdrawal symptoms?

Tell me...just exactly what sucks about doing something as heroic as saving your own life? To me, you a badass hero for having made the choice. Never miss a chance to recognize your own greatness. Now stick with it. Post roll, read and repeat. CONGRATS!!!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
You guys are the support I need. Thanks.
1 text, 1 pm,1 phone call away! As long as you keep your promise we will keep ours to help!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline rcohan

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 07:16:00 AM »
You guys are the support I need. Thanks.

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 02:35:00 AM »
Great to have you here, sir. I look forward to quitting with you. You sound like you understand what needs to be done, and that's great.

Get ready to kick nicotine's ass and meet some great folks along the way! Let us know if you need anything.

Offline gargoose

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-10
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 02:11:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC brother. Post roll every day. Early. Make that promise to yourself and to your brothers that you will not use nicotine today! It makes a difference.

Most importantly, if you need help then don't be afraid to lean on us.

Offline Don

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-02-25
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Been a rough afternoon and early evening but I'm making it. I'll post in roll call in the morning! Thanks guys. I can tell I'm going to need your help.
It's not easy my friend! Toughest thing I've ever done! But by far one of the best things! It's gonna suck then suck some more, just man up, get some numbers and get some help! Pm me if you want mine
It is definitely not easy - but it does get better! Take it from a chewer of almost 40 years. Quit one day at a time and reach out for help. You are definitely not alone my friend!

Offline HeathDux

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-16
  • Interests: Fishing, Weight lifting, and most importantly, my kiddos, they are my legacy
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 09:29:00 PM »
Been a rough afternoon and early evening but I'm making it. I'll post in roll call in the morning! Thanks guys. I can tell I'm going to need your help.
I am right here with you. My day 1 was Monday. I am on day 4 and tell you what, each day gets better. Use KTC, the people here are amazing. They are the only reason I am still quit.
I will quit with you today. Let me know if i can help you in any way.
I had to ask myself, "are you going to be a pussy today?" Stop putting this shit in your lip

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 08:56:00 PM »
It's not easy my friend! Toughest thing I've ever done! But by far one of the best things! It's gonna suck then suck some more, just man up, get some numbers and get some help! Pm me if you want mine
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD