Author Topic: My Quit  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Quit
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »
Roy, you have some awesome quitters above this post to help you quit. Keep up with this intro and they will be here. I quit with ya today.

Mogul

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
Similar stories across the board bro.
We were all slaves.

No more.

Glad you found us. Now you can live life like it's meant to be lived... Free.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Gabriel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
I'm quit with you today brother. Stay strong, you will get through this. Just over 20 years for me in bondage to nicotine. Tasting the freedom and loving it. Hang in there friend.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »
Welcome aboard Roy. You will definitely do this. Tobacco/nicotine is simply no longer an option.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
Great choice to quit. It took me 20 years to get tired of being a slave to the poison as well. Read everything on KTC and learn the plan; then follow the plan. The plan works. PM me if you need anything.

Offline RoyalCowboy7

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
Welcome brother. Embrace your quit and embrace this site. KTC is your life line to living tobacco free and no longer being a slave to the can. The reward of living life tobacco free is so great so get plugged in with your quit group post roll and embrace your journey to freedom. We are all going through what you are or have so use as if you feel weak, we are here to support you! Glad to be quit with you today!
The Copenhagen can will no longer control this man because being a quitter means becoming a winner

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10358427/8/#new

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Roy
Hello, all... My name is Roy

After 20 years addicted to nicotine, I am done being a slave. I started allowing nicotine to run my life about 20 years ago when I was in college and also in the Marine reserves, so it was everywhere around me. Grizzly LC Wintergreen has long been my poison of choice and it was easy to go through a can a day... sometimes more.

I have a great wife and kids that are supporting me, but this quit is not for them. It's for me.

More later...
Welcome Roy! Awesome that right off the bat you did two things right: 1.) Nailed roll call for the first time (some really struggle with the concept). 2.) Realize you MUST quit for you. The next week or so is going to suck, I won't lie ... but anything worth having is worth a fighting for, right? It's pretty damn simple here ... you Wake up, piss, post roll, and HONOR the promise you made to your brothers and yourself. Wake up  repeat. Quit one day at a time. We live in the now as addicts, we don't worry about our quit tomorrow. Get to know your November brothers in quit ... get some digits ... weave some accountability. Tell every last person in your life that you've quit, and will not go back! Get something to satisfy the oral fixation ... that alone can cause some real issues with a quit.

Most of all ... know we are all here supporting your quit. Look around here, read all you can ... build your arsenal against nicotine. It's worth it ...

See you on roll tomorrow!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Roy

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 8/11/14
  • Interests: Church, Family, and Running
  • Likes Given: 78
My Quit
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »
Hello, all... My name is Roy

After 20 years addicted to nicotine, I am done being a slave. I started allowing nicotine to run my life about 20 years ago when I was in college and also in the Marine reserves, so it was everywhere around me. Grizzly LC Wintergreen has long been my poison of choice and it was easy to go through a can a day... sometimes more.

I have a great wife and kids that are supporting me, but this quit is not for them. It's for me.

More later...
"Trying to quit and not using all that KTC has to offer is like jerking off with boxing gloves on. It MIGHT work but why make things more difficult than they have to be." - Greenspidy

"Dipping may be something distant in my rear view, addiction is not." - Boelker62

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9