Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 4014 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: New to the site
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2014, 05:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Knockout
Congrats on 100 Sling!
Huge congratulations! You are a great leader slinger! Welcome aboard!!!

Never again will you have to relive the last 100 days. And ever day going forward gets even better!!

Offline Knockout

• Quitter
  • Interests: EDM, Tattoos, Piercings, Rock Climbing, Football (mostly NFL), concerts, the beach.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2014, 02:34:00 AM »
Congrats on 100 Sling!
Obsessed with the ghey

QD 01/10/14

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2014, 06:13:00 AM »
Quote from: yemtig
Hey slinger, just wanted to stop in and say I QLF with you all day EVERY fucking day!!! You have helped strengthen my quit and I hope these words make your quit that much stronger!!

Quit on dude!
Thanks alot Yem, you've been a bad ass since day one. Proud to be quit with you.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline yemtig

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Camping.. You name it.. Somewhere out in the woods
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2014, 01:18:00 AM »
Hey slinger, just wanted to stop in and say I QLF with you all day EVERY fucking day!!! You have helped strengthen my quit and I hope these words make your quit that much stronger!!

Quit on dude!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »
Quote from: spence249
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: slinger
Day 75. Had a little bump in the road last night after weeks of things going relatively smoothly. Had a couple of pretty strong craves the last two days. Nothing that made me consider caving, but enough to realize how easy it is to become complacent with your quit. That, coupled with the warnings from some of the vets about the tendency for caves when you get to 70 or 80 days had me freaking out a bit, especially with the weekend coming up. I picked up my phone and started texting. This is where I'm gonna brag on my June Saloon brothers a little bit. These guys were answering my texts before I even set my phone down. Almost like they were just waiting for someone to reach out. After texting back and forth with a few of these guys, (special thanks to Sixer), I had my head screwed back on straight again and I was ready plow ahead. I just wanted to thank those of you who support my quit, and offer the same support to anyone else that needs it. There's a reason people are always telling you new guys to get numbers and build a web of accountability. The reason is because it works. Your fellow quitters know exactly what you are going through. No one can help you like someone who has traveled the road you are on. My wife jokes that I don't need her support anymore because I rely so much on my quit brothers. Don't get me wrong, my wife is very supportive and that is important to me, but she can only cheer me on. She can't relate to the things I deal with like other quitters can. I've probably rambled enough for now. Just trying to beef up my quit and plow through the pre-HOF funk. Thanks, Sling.
Awesome post Slinger! That's the way you do it. KCT in action.
Yep. Way to do it! Any newer quitters take note on how to use the tools! Way to go Slinger!
Nice job Slinger. Proud to be quit with you today!
Atta boy slinger! 75 days is outstanding. We all get craves and you will continue to get them... You handled yours like a quitter. Text book! Quit on!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2014, 09:14:00 PM »
Day 75. Had a little bump in the road last night after weeks of things going relatively smoothly. Had a couple of pretty strong craves the last two days. Nothing that made me consider caving, but enough to realize how easy it is to become complacent with your quit. That, coupled with the warnings from some of the vets about the tendency for caves when you get to 70 or 80 days had me freaking out a bit, especially with the weekend coming up. I picked up my phone and started texting. This is where I'm gonna brag on my June Saloon brothers a little bit. These guys were answering my texts before I even set my phone down. Almost like they were just waiting for someone to reach out. After texting back and forth with a few of these guys, (special thanks to Sixer), I had my head screwed back on straight again and I was ready plow ahead. I just wanted to thank those of you who support my quit, and offer the same support to anyone else that needs it. There's a reason people are always telling you new guys to get numbers and build a web of accountability. The reason is because it works. Your fellow quitters know exactly what you are going through. No one can help you like someone who has traveled the road you are on. My wife jokes that I don't need her support anymore because I rely so much on my quit brothers. Don't get me wrong, my wife is very supportive and that is important to me, but she can only cheer me on. She can't relate to the things I deal with like other quitters can. I've probably rambled enough for now. Just trying to beef up my quit and plow through the pre-HOF funk. Thanks, Sling.
Yep. Way to do it! Any newer quitters take note on how to use the tools! Way to go Slinger!
Nice job Slinger. Proud to be quit with you today!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2014, 06:54:00 PM »

Offline slinger

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »

HOF Speech

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
I've read a lot on this site about dip dreams. I had a couple of them in the first few weeks of my quit, and really nothing since then. Last night I had one that was so real I'm still not sure it was a dream. I dreamed I was just sitting at my desk at work with a big fat chew in like I had done a thousand times. The dream itself wasn't out of the ordinary. It was how real it felt that really freaked me out. I woke up gasping for air and almost in tears because I had broken my promise. The really fucked up part of it is that I was more worried about how I was going to explain it to you guys than how I was going to explain it to my family. Anyway, I shook it off, posted day 69, and my quit is stronger than ever. There's no better feeling than when you finally realize it was just a dream. That's some scary shit. Have a great Mother's Day and quit on.
You keep posting up victories Slinger- nice work! Keep it up, and keep the insights coming- they make your quit more solid as well as help others along with your experiences!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline slinger

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
I've read a lot on this site about dip dreams. I had a couple of them in the first few weeks of my quit, and really nothing since then. Last night I had one that was so real I'm still not sure it was a dream. I dreamed I was just sitting at my desk at work with a big fat chew in like I had done a thousand times. The dream itself wasn't out of the ordinary. It was how real it felt that really freaked me out. I woke up gasping for air and almost in tears because I had broken my promise. The really fucked up part of it is that I was more worried about how I was going to explain it to you guys than how I was going to explain it to my family. Anyway, I shook it off, posted day 69, and my quit is stronger than ever. There's no better feeling than when you finally realize it was just a dream. That's some scary shit. Have a great Mother's Day and quit on.

HOF Speech

Offline slinger

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »
So almost a month in, and things are going pretty smooth so far. Obviously some days suck bad, but there has only been a handful of those. There have also been some easy days...almost too easy. Those are the days that scare the shit out of me. I realized the other day how easy it is let your guard down on the easy days. I had a day where I actually didn't spend every waking moment thinking about snuff...or rather the fact that I quit chewing. I was in town and needed to stop for gas. I thought "well, I'll stop and get some gas and a can of snuff and head home". Then I thought, "what the fuck are you thinking. You don't do that shit anymore." I laughed to myself, got some gas and went home. I guess at this point in my quit I like the hard day's better. It's easier to battle your enemy when they are standing right in front of you. On the easy days, that bitch can sneak right up on you. In any event, I'm quit like fuck today. Thanks to my morning texting brothers. Those texts have become an important weapon in my arsenal. It's an honor to be quitting with you guys today. That's enough rambling for now. Later

HOF Speech

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »
Slinger - you are the man. You help me every single morning with our check in text. Proud to be quit with you my brother!

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 02:54:00 AM »
Quote from: MonsterEMT
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
22 days into my quit and things have actually gone pretty smoothly, until last night. It hasn't been easy, but it's been manageable for the last couple of weeks. Anyway, last night I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I don't go to the store very often anymore, but I will if need be. I brought my stuff to the checkout counter and right behind the cashier is the giant wall of tobacco. I've been there a handful of times since I quit and it didn't really bother me. For some reason, last night I honed right in on my former brand. I just stared at it. Then I started having those fucked up thoughts. You know the ones I mean. "It would be so easy to just ask for a can right now". "Why the fuck am I quitting anyway?" My mind really started to play games with me. Before I knew it, I started breathing faster and I felt my face get hot. It was the closest I think I've ever come to having a full blown fucking panic attack. Finally, I just shook my head and reminded myself that I made a promise that morning to myself and my quit brothers. I paid for my shit and left the store.....without a can of cope.

This little episode reminded me how fragile our quit really is, and how important ktc is. If it wasn't for the time I've spent here and the connections I've made, there's no doubt I would have bought a can and stuffed my face full of that nasty shit. I said all that to say this. This system works. It got me through the worst crave I've had so far and I'm sure it will again. I'm honored to be quitting with all of you today. Thanks.
Good post brother. It's okay to yell obscenities at the wall of death when you are in the store. The cashier might think you're nuts but you shouldn't get arrested.
Hey NICE victory Slinger! One more crave trigger killed!
Atta boy slinger! Nice victory. Congrats on 22 days! You are winning the war today.

That is how this works... All is well then out of nowhere it will hit you. A major crave. You handled it perfectly today... You relaxed, remained composed, remembered you commitment and you walked away. Textbook.

I'm quit with you all day long.
Proud to be quit with you. Way to tell the NB to piss off!
Great resolve and big victory, Slinger -- well done. Even better, you've now got (at least) one under your belt, and have the confident knowledge that you've successfully fought back a potential cave. That's a significant part of your arsenal as you're creating a new normal for yourself. Don't overlook it, but don't rest on those laurels alone. Keep it up, proud to quit alongside you.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
22 days into my quit and things have actually gone pretty smoothly, until last night. It hasn't been easy, but it's been manageable for the last couple of weeks. Anyway, last night I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I don't go to the store very often anymore, but I will if need be. I brought my stuff to the checkout counter and right behind the cashier is the giant wall of tobacco. I've been there a handful of times since I quit and it didn't really bother me. For some reason, last night I honed right in on my former brand. I just stared at it. Then I started having those fucked up thoughts. You know the ones I mean. "It would be so easy to just ask for a can right now". "Why the fuck am I quitting anyway?" My mind really started to play games with me. Before I knew it, I started breathing faster and I felt my face get hot. It was the closest I think I've ever come to having a full blown fucking panic attack. Finally, I just shook my head and reminded myself that I made a promise that morning to myself and my quit brothers. I paid for my shit and left the store.....without a can of cope.

This little episode reminded me how fragile our quit really is, and how important ktc is. If it wasn't for the time I've spent here and the connections I've made, there's no doubt I would have bought a can and stuffed my face full of that nasty shit. I said all that to say this. This system works. It got me through the worst crave I've had so far and I'm sure it will again. I'm honored to be quitting with all of you today. Thanks.
Good post brother. It's okay to yell obscenities at the wall of death when you are in the store. The cashier might think you're nuts but you shouldn't get arrested.
Hey NICE victory Slinger! One more crave trigger killed!
Atta boy slinger! Nice victory. Congrats on 22 days! You are winning the war today.

That is how this works... All is well then out of nowhere it will hit you. A major crave. You handled it perfectly today... You relaxed, remained composed, remembered you commitment and you walked away. Textbook.

I'm quit with you all day long.
Proud to be quit with you. Way to tell the NB to piss off!
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting