Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1485 times)

Offline AliG

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 12:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: ChicagoSteve
I didn't know this site was total abstinence from all tobacco,I am not ready to do that I enjoy my meerschaum pipes and a pinch of nasal snuff everyday.I only want to quit chewing as I fear the cancer from it.I'll take the risk of moderate pipe smoking and nasal snuff use.
Good Luck to all you guys!

Cheers,Steve
WTF?
'bang head'
You must beat the nicoteen addiction, otherwise your never going to quit. You are a slave to nicoteen not to chew.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
I didn't know this site was total abstinence from all tobacco,I am not ready to do that I enjoy my meerschaum pipes and a pinch of nasal snuff everyday.I only want to quit chewing as I fear the cancer from it.I'll take the risk of moderate pipe smoking and nasal snuff use.

Cheers,Steve
WTF?
'bang head'
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline ChicagoSteve

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »

Cheers,Steve

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
Welcome aboard ChicagoSteve. I noticed that you have not posted roll in the December 2013 quit group yet. You will need to post Roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the December 2013 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center that Evil Won cited for you below and that will get you started. Post roll and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
Quote from: kana
I recently decided to quit dipping after 25 years of it,mainly out of fear for health consequences.I think that I should also mention that I quit alcohol 22 years ago and am an active member of a 12step program.
The similarities to quitting alcohol and dip are surprising to me,what you guys are doing here on this site is right on the money.Getting guys to fellowship and to be a part of a group is very smart.
One day at a time I don't dip,life by the inch is a cinch....life by the yard is hard.
I believe the problem will be removed,I won't even think about it after a certain number of weeks if I do what I am supposed to do.
I don't know if it's appropriate to post here,but anyhow....I will ask for help in the morning when I have a quiet time,and say thank you at night when I retire.
Welcome ChicagoSteve. I'm was actively addicted to nicotine for 16 years. I am still an addict of nicotine but have chosen to abstain from using it for 333 consecutive days thanks to KTC and the fine quitters here that I consider friends and family. I'm from Chicago (River North); currently on the west side in Berwyn.

Start at the Welcome Center and read those seven items. Quitting is difficult but immersing yourself in the KTC Kool-Aid and getting to know the people that make up this place not only makes it possible, but enjoyable.

Please send me PM if you need anything.
welcome chicago.. I too am a non drinker. just passed 9 years. addiction is one in the same, however this is different for us. when some guys get stressed they can simply drink, we don't have that option.. just post everyday like your life depended on it. it's worked for me, and i tried everything else.. pm if you need anything..peace
Well it's clear you know how to quit..... and yes it is very similar to quitting alcohol ( i assume ). Chew is the only addiction that I have ever quit, but I believe the "laws of addiction" apply in all addictions. You already know it will be hard but it IS manageable! I am glad you are committing to this freedom!

" It will suck until it doesn't"......

Dive in! We are here for you with any help we can offer.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
I recently decided to quit dipping after 25 years of it,mainly out of fear for health consequences.I think that I should also mention that I quit alcohol 22 years ago and am an active member of a 12step program.
The similarities to quitting alcohol and dip are surprising to me,what you guys are doing here on this site is right on the money.Getting guys to fellowship and to be a part of a group is very smart.
One day at a time I don't dip,life by the inch is a cinch....life by the yard is hard.
I believe the problem will be removed,I won't even think about it after a certain number of weeks if I do what I am supposed to do.
I don't know if it's appropriate to post here,but anyhow....I will ask for help in the morning when I have a quiet time,and say thank you at night when I retire.
Welcome ChicagoSteve. I'm was actively addicted to nicotine for 16 years. I am still an addict of nicotine but have chosen to abstain from using it for 333 consecutive days thanks to KTC and the fine quitters here that I consider friends and family. I'm from Chicago (River North); currently on the west side in Berwyn.

Start at the Welcome Center and read those seven items. Quitting is difficult but immersing yourself in the KTC Kool-Aid and getting to know the people that make up this place not only makes it possible, but enjoyable.

welcome chicago.. I too am a non drinker. just passed 9 years. addiction is one in the same, however this is different for us. when some guys get stressed they can simply drink, we don't have that option.. just post everyday like your life depended on it. it's worked for me, and i tried everything else.. pm if you need anything..peace
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Cole

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC Steve, you've found the right place. I can tell you that everyone here has really strengthened my resolve to stay quit. Just like a 12 step, hearing all the stories and fears that ring true in all of us lets you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE in this.
Quit 09-04-13

My Intro

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 12:56:00 AM »
Welcome Steve, all the best to you headed down this road for sure!

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline ChicagoSteve

« on: September 07, 2013, 11:57:00 PM »