Author Topic: Well, it's probably about time...  (Read 2096 times)

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Well, it's probably about time...
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Etxaggie
Quote from: mrwest
Having some craves the past few days had me feeling a little down about my quit. I didn't have a funk around 20, but I'm definitely in one now. I know for a fact that if I wasn't on KTC I would not still be quit. I know it. By ourselves, we're weak. Together, we can do it. I think it's just about readjusting my motivation. The first few weeks it's easy to float through on adrenaline alone. When that wears off, you have to ask yourself, what am I doing? I asked myself that question last night. What I did next? Went back and read my journaling from the first 5 days. I didn't write much, but enough to jog my memory of just how bad I really hate tobacco and everything that it had turned me into. It's easy to forget just how pathetic and useless a nicotine addiction really is, and I'm glad I had something that I had written to remind myself.

Not sure where this is going, but the message is, NAFAR. I'm quit, and I'm not fucking going back now. So bring on fucking day 37.  'Finger'
Those days were difficult in my quit also. Rage, F-its, everyone is a dumbass, etc.... It will pass.

I quit w/ you today!
Yes, yes....It's the "Nothing works, and everyone is an idiot" phase. I have those only momentarily now. :-) Hang in there Westie. Etx is right....this too shall pass.
ZC

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »
Having some craves the past few days had me feeling a little down about my quit. I didn't have a funk around 20, but I'm definitely in one now. I know for a fact that if I wasn't on KTC I would not still be quit. I know it. By ourselves, we're weak. Together, we can do it. I think it's just about readjusting my motivation. The first few weeks it's easy to float through on adrenaline alone. When that wears off, you have to ask yourself, what am I doing? I asked myself that question last night. What I did next? Went back and read my journaling from the first 5 days. I didn't write much, but enough to jog my memory of just how bad I really hate tobacco and everything that it had turned me into. It's easy to forget just how pathetic and useless a nicotine addiction really is, and I'm glad I had something that I had written to remind myself.

Not sure where this is going, but the message is, NAFAR. I'm quit, and I'm not fucking going back now. So bring on fucking day 37. 'Finger'
Those days were difficult in my quit also. Rage, F-its, everyone is a dumbass, etc.... It will pass.

I quit w/ you today!
Quit 12/31/2013

Offline mrwest

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-25
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »

Not sure where this is going, but the message is, NAFAR. I'm quit, and I'm not fucking going back now. So bring on fucking day 37. 'Finger'
Quit Date: 2/25/14

Offline mrwest

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
Quote from: dunlapsig
Quote from: THansen2413
Thanks for the support everyone, wouldn't ben where I'm at today without it. If anyone needs a number, or anything really, feel free to send me a PM. Quit on!
Thanks for your continued work in the June 2014 group, West. Taking on the spreadsheet and patrolling our roll as vigilant as you have is extremely commendable. Proud to be quit w/you again today.
Your avatar makes me feel hostility towards you when I see it. I don't know why. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Also, I notice your hard work with roll and your support for your quitters, I like that about you. So I get over the avatar and think that Mr. West... He's alright.
The avatar is to supposed to make people mad. It's kanye west prowling in a fur coat. The only purpose that could possibly have is trolling. Mr west is always on the prowl. ;)

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being a newlywed, drinking beer, being on the lake, cars and football.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »
Quote from: THansen2413
Thanks for the support everyone, wouldn't ben where I'm at today without it. If anyone needs a number, or anything really, feel free to send me a PM. Quit on!
Thanks for your continued work in the June 2014 group, West. Taking on the spreadsheet and patrolling our roll as vigilant as you have is extremely commendable. Proud to be quit w/you again today.
Your avatar makes me feel hostility towards you when I see it. I don't know why. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Also, I notice your hard work with roll and your support for your quitters, I like that about you. So I get over the avatar and think that Mr. West... He's alright.

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »
Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline mrwest

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
Proud to be quit with you, West. And thanks for your support early in my quit!
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline baflow7

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
happy to be quit with you brother, let me know if u need anything.

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
West,

Glad to see you made an intro. It is always good to see you in chat brother, keep up the good work and keep drinking that koolaid. I proudly quit with you today.

MCO
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
So proud to be quit with you Kanye!

Offline dunwit

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »
Nicely done Mrwest. Or is it kanye?? We have crossed paths in chat and I thought I'd say hello here as well. Glad to see your intro, I see it as an important tool throughout you journey here. Keep doing what you are doing my friend, proud as hell to be quit like fuck with you!!!
Quit Like Fuck.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 01:18:00 PM »
...That I do an introduction. No real reason I didn't do this when I first joined almost a month ago, just kinda dove in and didn't get around to it. I was blogging my craves and struggles in my "quit smoking" phone app, just seemed convenient. I'm James, I'm 23, and I'm an addict. I started smoking when I was 18. Started with cigars, then moved quickly to a half pack a day habit. About 3 years ago, I picked up chewing when I was at home and in the winter when it was too cold to have a smoke. I would be able to put it down whenever I wanted. I was wrong. Spent the last 3 years being a dual nicotine user, although I had grown more fond of dip as time went on. Quit dip cold turkey on a lost bet on Super Bowl sunday, and spent the next month miserably smoking a pack a day. One night, decided to stop. I Quit for me. I quit so I wouldn't be a slave any more. I quit to be healthier and just generally live a better life.

I've been quit for 27 days, and I couldn't have done it without this site. This place works if you let it, and I'm glad I made the choice to drink the Koolaid. There have been countless people on here who have supported me and helped my quit, and I thank all of you guys. I quit with June today.

I can't tell you that I'll be quit forever. If there's one thing I've learned, it's to let the future take care of itself. I posted roll today, so I can tell you that I will be quit for today. Tomorrow, I'll wake up and quit again. And so it goes.
Nice job West!

We have spent time in live chat and I think that you've bought in to the process. You've got the right attitude brother, ODAAT. I'm sure you'll hear this more than you like, but to quit at your age..... you'll save your self so many years of slavery and that brother is awesome.

Hit me up if you need anything, I'll catch you in chat i'm sure!

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 01:18:00 PM »
...That I do an introduction. No real reason I didn't do this when I first joined almost a month ago, just kinda dove in and didn't get around to it. I was blogging my craves and struggles in my "quit smoking" phone app, just seemed convenient. I'm James, I'm 23, and I'm an addict. I started smoking when I was 18. Started with cigars, then moved quickly to a half pack a day habit. About 3 years ago, I picked up chewing when I was at home and in the winter when it was too cold to have a smoke. I would be able to put it down whenever I wanted. I was wrong. Spent the last 3 years being a dual nicotine user, although I had grown more fond of dip as time went on. Quit dip cold turkey on a lost bet on Super Bowl sunday, and spent the next month miserably smoking a pack a day. One night, decided to stop. I Quit for me. I quit so I wouldn't be a slave any more. I quit to be healthier and just generally live a better life.

I've been quit for 27 days, and I couldn't have done it without this site. This place works if you let it, and I'm glad I made the choice to drink the Koolaid. There have been countless people on here who have supported me and helped my quit, and I thank all of you guys. I quit with June today.

I can't tell you that I'll be quit forever. If there's one thing I've learned, it's to let the future take care of itself. I posted roll today, so I can tell you that I will be quit for today. Tomorrow, I'll wake up and quit again. And so it goes.
Sounds like you get it and I believe you will continue along your path just keep your wits and your balls handy you will need them!

Quiting is not for the weak, so stay stong focused  QUIT!!!!

PM me if you need some numbers

Grizzly25/Lou ...... out
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline mrwest

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 01:11:00 PM »