Author Topic: New Here from India  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Here from India
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 12:20:00 AM »
Thanks for the awesome support and encouragement. I survived a day with a lot of struggles. I desperately felt like going back to it at one point. But thankfully just didn't. I don't wanna give it up. I will post my progress in the February'14 quit group. Once again, Thank you very much for the encouragement.

Praddy

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
Welcome to the KTC quit train Praddy. I like to call it that because it is easy to get on the quit train , but it is a bitch to stay aboard at first. We are over 17,000 members strong and will support you all the way. What we do is provide you with the tools to quit and help you along that rough patch of track. We will be there for you every step of the way to freedom. We will be there when you are hurting, when you are in the suck, when you feel like raging, venting or just talking to someone on the phone. Around here, we call that Brotherhood.

Joining us means you will do a few things. First and foremost, you will post Roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the February 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in February is that will be the month that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date.
Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and that will get you started. Post roll and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Lets get your quit started today. Congrats on taking control of your life. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »
Hey Praddy, welcome! You're going to want to take a look at the light magenta colored "Welcome Center" tab up top. There you'll find some great info including the why and how of posting roll. Your quit group is February '14 (click here). This is where you'll post your promise every day. Get to know these folks, Praddy, they're gonna help you take your freedom back and they're putting it all on the line, please don't let 'em down. Shout out if you've got any questions.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Praddy
Hello,

I am from India. I have been using smokeless tobacco for the last 11 years. I am 29 years of age now. The guilt of using tobacco has been haunting me for a long time now. And i did plan to quit many times. But i could not resist it and kept going back. I just think this is the time to stop. Things may get out of hand if i am gonna delay any more. Each burn or pain inside my mouth making me think more and more about cancer. I have nightmares waking up on being affected with cancer. I do not want to live this life any more. So i decided to quit from today, right now, this moment. Came across this wonderful online community where people help each other to eliminate this dreadful addiction and wanted to be a part of it.

Thank you very much

Praddy
Praddy you will have difficult days ahead of you. If I could take those away from you...I wouldn't. Embrace the suck! Nicotine is nothing more than the biggest deception. It is just as addictive as heroin! US Tobacco companies are killers! They know it but money is more valuable to them than human life.

Good choice but guilt is a lower form of motivation. Search for the value of being quit. Once you quit because you found the value...You won't start again.

This is a tough journey. I promise you this, everyday you quit with us, you might be mad at us or wonder how you got yourself into a promise you want to break. Survive the day and the victory, the win and the strength you demonstrated you will love that feeling more than any buzz nicotine could have given you.

Let me say it again. Everyday you quit and keep you word, that is a victory and your victory will feel better than any buzz. It might hurt but you will like it. Welcome!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
Thanks DerikR. Yes, The road isn't easy by any means. Already, only after few hours i have started feeling it. I will hang on still. Wish you all the best.

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Camping, Skiing, Craft Beer
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
Hello Praddy, I'm glad you've made the decision to quit tobacco. Read the information on the site, post roll every day, and reach out to other quitters on the forums. The road won't be easy by any means, but this network of guys that have been through the hell of quitting will make things more bearable. I quit with you today, friend.

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
New Here from India
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Hello,

I am from India. I have been using smokeless tobacco for the last 11 years. I am 29 years of age now. The guilt of using tobacco has been haunting me for a long time now. And i did plan to quit many times. But i could not resist it and kept going back. I just think this is the time to stop. Things may get out of hand if i am gonna delay any more. Each burn or pain inside my mouth making me think more and more about cancer. I have nightmares waking up on being affected with cancer. I do not want to live this life any more. So i decided to quit from today, right now, this moment. Came across this wonderful online community where people help each other to eliminate this dreadful addiction and wanted to be a part of it.

Thank you very much

Praddy