Author Topic: Lezdoit.  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Jtricher

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lezdoit.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 10:25:00 PM »
If only. If only I realized when I was 20 that I was an addict. Took me 25 years, longer than you have been alive. If only I knew at age 20 how destructive nicotine is. How it causes you to lie. Compromise your integrity. Walk 2 miles in a blizzard from the hospital where your baby was just born to get your fix. Stay tough. There will be dark moments. Nic will want you to cave. Will whisper in your ear, "you're young. You have time. Why quit now?" If only I could get the years back that Nic stole from me. I can't, but you can. Congrats on your mature decision.
I chose Freedom on May 26, 2011, at 9:16 PM CST. My Introduction
I entered the HOF on September 2, 2011, at 7:08 AM CST. My HOF Speech

Offline jimmykeeper

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
Best decision you ever made to quit now rather than later.

We got dudes in our Sept group who dipped for 20+ years (myself included). Doesn't matter. We're all addicts who choose not to use nicotine today.
Re-born on date: 06/09/2011

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
Quote from: ltcoffey
So I barely squeezed into the September 2011 Quit Group! I thought about waiting until Octobers, but I was ready today. I may use this as a blog-like place to log my journey for others who may need inspiration in the future (if theres a specific place for this lemme know! I'm a n00b!).

My story:

Flashback to Spring 2009, what seems like years ago to me now. High school baseball was in full swing in Alabama. Graduation was coming up. Being in Tuscaloosa, with only my friends seemed like a dream coming true.

My best friend hands me a can of cope whiskey blend. I gingerly put in maybe half a pinch, and it was downhill from there. I've pondered quitting the past few months, but to be honest I am just flat out addicted, and that fact alone sent me to this website. It actually scared me when I could hardly cut back each day.

That being said, I realize at my age of 20 that I don't wanna end up doing this trash until I'm 40+, because by then, it frankly won't matter anymore. So anyways, thats my brief (shortened for you non-readers) intro. Feel free, anyone, to post comments in here or PM me.

The support aspect of this site actually drove my interest to post roll call today, Day 1.

Cheers,
Logan
Welcome...smart decision not to wait! Tomorrow never comes, right now is always today. Post roll, honor your word to be nic free today, worry about tomorrow when it gets here (p.s. it will be today then).

Glad to be quit with you!
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline ltcoffey

• Quitter
Lezdoit.
« on: June 21, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
So I barely squeezed into the September 2011 Quit Group! I thought about waiting until Octobers, but I was ready today. I may use this as a blog-like place to log my journey for others who may need inspiration in the future (if theres a specific place for this lemme know! I'm a n00b!).

My story:

Flashback to Spring 2009, what seems like years ago to me now. High school baseball was in full swing in Alabama. Graduation was coming up. Being in Tuscaloosa, with only my friends seemed like a dream coming true.

My best friend hands me a can of cope whiskey blend. I gingerly put in maybe half a pinch, and it was downhill from there. I've pondered quitting the past few months, but to be honest I am just flat out addicted, and that fact alone sent me to this website. It actually scared me when I could hardly cut back each day.

That being said, I realize at my age of 20 that I don't wanna end up doing this trash until I'm 40+, because by then, it frankly won't matter anymore. So anyways, thats my brief (shortened for you non-readers) intro. Feel free, anyone, to post comments in here or PM me.

The support aspect of this site actually drove my interest to post roll call today, Day 1.

Cheers,
Logan
Don't fall from that bitch's lies. She's like an ex girlfriend. She fucked like a rabbit and even liked to experiement with her hot friends. Unfortunately, she squatted your apartment like occupy wallstreet and refused to leave. She shit on the carpet, and was fucking your best friend. She emptied your bank account on shoes and ice cream. Now that she's been kicked to the curb, she'll try to tell you that you'll never find another like her. And you won't because you deserve much better.

"The future is no place, to place your better days."