Author Topic: Jiffy's Intro  (Read 1358 times)

Offline JMckay

• I quit cause i can
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 14 april 2017
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Jiffy's Intro
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 12:43:00 AM »
So three years later he quit. How long did jiffy stop for 3 years ago. Lol stopped on your wedding that is crazy dam. I was in a thick fog the first 2 weeks.

Offline jeffw

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fly Fishing, golf, hanging with the family, university of washington football
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 12:02:00 AM »
jiffy...give us an update...use this as your new quit journal

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-26
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Jiffy
Howdy there Life (Jon) I'm in the January quit group I think (at least that's what the date thingy said for October 10.) I may be wrong however....please let me know if I am as I've been posting roll in the January group. Anyhow, it's very nice to meet you! Today is day 3 for ya? Awesome! I think after today the last of the Nic Bitch will be out of your blood and your brain will start it's rewiring. This is honestly, one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. It's a constant struggle day in, and day out as for my work, I am around it a lot. At least 2-3 times a day, my addiction tries to talk me into just caving just once, and I have to take myself out of the position of vulnerability.

Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff is down right awesome. I talked to the local tobacco store owner last week who I bought all the dip from in the past and she hooked me up with a box of it today special order and told me she'll order it for me from now on. The wintergreen tastes as good as Grizzly and its awesome for the oral fixation crave that seeds can't relinquish. I highly recommend that stuff....it makes Cold Turkey a hell of a lot more manageable. Every day that goes by now, I find myself even more angry at Big Tobacco for putting a product out there that tricked me into thinking I was enjoying for so long....when it reality, it was brainwashing me...one dopamine receptor at a time. They'll never see another dime of my money...

Anyways Bro, again...it was nice to hear from you! I'm looking forward to quitting with you. If you need anything at all, hit me up on here. I'm new here, and I can use all the support I can get.
no you are right - i noticed your join date and not your quit date. looks like you made it through some tough times before joining up! I'll track with you tho Jon. I quit with you today bro! thanks for the tip - - have the wintergreen mountain. stuff saved my life last night!
My Introduction
My HOF Speech
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" - Henry Ford
"To whom are you speaking?" - JonnyG on what to do when the Nic Bitch is tapping on your shoulder... I will never forget this.
"Don't waste the gas. Take those tins and flush their contents down the shitter, each and every one of them." - Raider

"If we handed out gold stars and pats on the ass to every swinging dick that misses roll and caves, this place wouldn't be worth all that much, would it?" - Tuco

Offline Jiffy

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/23/17
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 04:50:00 PM »
Howdy there Life (Jon) I'm in the January quit group I think (at least that's what the date thingy said for October 10.) I may be wrong however....please let me know if I am as I've been posting roll in the January group. Anyhow, it's very nice to meet you! Today is day 3 for ya? Awesome! I think after today the last of the Nic Bitch will be out of your blood and your brain will start it's rewiring. This is honestly, one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. It's a constant struggle day in, and day out as for my work, I am around it a lot. At least 2-3 times a day, my addiction tries to talk me into just caving just once, and I have to take myself out of the position of vulnerability.

Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff is down right awesome. I talked to the local tobacco store owner last week who I bought all the dip from in the past and she hooked me up with a box of it today special order and told me she'll order it for me from now on. The wintergreen tastes as good as Grizzly and its awesome for the oral fixation crave that seeds can't relinquish. I highly recommend that stuff....it makes Cold Turkey a hell of a lot more manageable. Every day that goes by now, I find myself even more angry at Big Tobacco for putting a product out there that tricked me into thinking I was enjoying for so long....when it reality, it was brainwashing me...one dopamine receptor at a time. They'll never see another dime of my money...

Anyways Bro, again...it was nice to hear from you! I'm looking forward to quitting with you. If you need anything at all, hit me up on here. I'm new here, and I can use all the support I can get.

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-26
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
Jon, awesome intro boss! You are in the feb15 quit group and we now have 3 jons (you, jonnyg and myself). small world. I have most of all the digits of our quit group. PM me for mine. post roll and seek connections. i am only on day 3 and i was hell last night, but i had 4 dudes on texts and the chat feature on the website. helps keep the quit intact. Also - dump anything you have at home that could endanger your quit, bro. life or death. protect your quit!!!!!!!!!! holler at me man!
My Introduction
My HOF Speech
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" - Henry Ford
"To whom are you speaking?" - JonnyG on what to do when the Nic Bitch is tapping on your shoulder... I will never forget this.
"Don't waste the gas. Take those tins and flush their contents down the shitter, each and every one of them." - Raider

"If we handed out gold stars and pats on the ass to every swinging dick that misses roll and caves, this place wouldn't be worth all that much, would it?" - Tuco

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, I've posted roll, and will continue to do so. I'm not doing this just for my wife, I'm doing this so that I'm not missing half of my face. You know....using her as an excuse to quit isn't that terrible of an idea. It's definitely not the only reason....so my logic points that if you can think of a 20 reasons to get "just one more dip" in - no matter the relevance or how great/minor they are, you should also be able to do the same in weighing out the cons and using them NOT put that dip in.
19 days now is a lot to me...it's the farthest I've ever come, and I'm not going to give it up for a quick 5-10 minute buzz that will be leave me most likely leave me shamed for several days having to start back at day one. Fuck that first week, really...and fuck the grizzly bear who stands on the hill, enticing me to come back for one last run. Anyone have a .50 cal?
Unfortunately, that grizzly bear you will have to fight with a knife and your bare hands.
The more battles you win the less it will turn up but it will be watching and waiting, always be ready.
Great work bud, glad to quit with you.

Offline Jiffy

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, I've posted roll, and will continue to do so. I'm not doing this just for my wife, I'm doing this so that I'm not missing half of my face. You know....using her as an excuse to quit isn't that terrible of an idea. It's definitely not the only reason....so my logic points that if you can think of a 20 reasons to get "just one more dip" in - no matter the relevance or how great/minor they are, you should also be able to do the same in weighing out the cons and using them NOT put that dip in.
19 days now is a lot to me...it's the farthest I've ever come, and I'm not going to give it up for a quick 5-10 minute buzz that will be leave me most likely leave me shamed for several days having to start back at day one. Fuck that first week, really...and fuck the grizzly bear who stands on the hill, enticing me to come back for one last run. Anyone have a .50 cal?

Offline jwright

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-01
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 05:27:00 AM »
Welcome Jiffy (John), coming here will be the best decision you've ever made if you are taking your quit seriously, but it requires that you:

1. Believe in the concept and your word
2. Post roll every single day and focusing on honoring that promise every day

Have you posted roll yet?
"Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones."

-Benjamin Franklin

Introduction

HOF Speech

Quit Date: September 1, 2014

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Welcome Jon,
It sounds like you are ready to do this. But remember you are doing this for you and not your new bride.
Read up and build a network of support, you get out what you put in!
Proud to quit with you PM (message) me for cell for digits,
Charles
Yep! I quit for my bride 36 years ago and within 3 years I was sucking that Copenhagen tit again.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »
Howdy folks, my name is Jonathan (or Jon)...doesn't really matter I guess since I have friends that call me both, and some that call me worse. I'm here to give an introduction to ya'll since I'll most likely be remaining close and hugging some major nut sack these next couple weeks since I'm still in my fairly early stages of my quit. I started dipping about 10 years ago, while I was still in High School. I worked on a farm while in school (a hog farm) - and I was a 3 sport athlete in High School. Of course, one of these sports was wrestling, and as most of you know, dipping is almost encouraged in wrestling (by the coach's...heck, they'd even buy it for us). Before I knew it, Skoal and Grizzly was a normal part of my day, just like eating lunch with your buddies. I'd do it while I worked on the farm, cut grass, drink beer, and even snuck it in while I played baseball. My friends did it, and it was just a small town social event I did to "fit in" to my rural setting.
I understand, that this same scenario fits probably a good share of you guys. I'm no exception....and reading stories gives me the overall feeling of "fitting in" that got me started with this nasty ass habit to begin with.

Anyhow...18 days ago (October 10, 2014), I quit that shit cold turkey (after 2 cans a day for the last 5 years). This day is easy for me to remember, as it is also the day I married the love of my life (and no....not the grizzly bear lolol). I am a newlywed....and I came to the decision that she deserved better....she accepted me for how I was with it, but deep down...I know we both deserve better. She doesn't need a man that carries bear shit around in his lip. The first week was a breeze...with the honeymoon, and being out of the country (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic) - I was able to keep my mind occupied even through a majority of the physical withdrawals, but now that I'm back to the real world, and ultimately, back to work.....the triggers have been hitting me HARD. I've been a frequent visitor to this site in the past, but I've picked myself up by the balls and registered/roll called for the first time today because I'm starting to see where surrounding myself with folks that have been where I am will help me greatly.

So, I guess that pretty much sums it up. I'm from Southwest Ohio, about 30 miles north of Cincinnati (WHODEY) and I'm looking forward to hearing from ya'll as well as sharing my progression and reading other's stories of dealing with the same crap I'm going through now, and what everyone here as gone through at some point in their journey.

Cheers,
Jonathan (Jiffy)
18 days alone is BAD ASS.

Dude, you are doing this for you, but lots of people - including Mrs. Jiffy - are going to benefit from this quit. And... now that you have joined and posted roll - you aren't quitting alone, but are part of a team. And just like one of the sports teams that you were on, we don't let each other down. And we support each other and push each other to succeed. Failure is not an option.

Your story isn't unique... and if we can do this - I know a bad ass like you can too.

On a side note... congratulations on the new bride. Big changes in your life - all positive. You've got a lot to look forward to bud.

--worktowin

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »
Welcome Jon,
It sounds like you are ready to do this. But remember you are doing this for you and not your new bride.
Read up and build a network of support, you get out what you put in!
Proud to quit with you PM (message) me for cell for digits,
Charles

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
Welcome Jon,

You're a hell of a lot smarter than I was at your age. Met my missus (married now more than 31 years) with a big fatty in so didn't much think about how she'd react. At any rate, the physical withdrawals may be over, but you're in for some serious work ahead of you as your brain rewires itself. You see, all those years of dipping, your brain was busy adding dopamine receptors to accomodate the fact you've been sucking down enough nicotine on a daily basis to kill a small rodent. Now that you're not doing it, your brain is having to shut them down (and trust me, they don't like it)...think of them as little nicotine demons running around inside your head, jumping up and down and getting on your last nerve. Especially bad when doing what they term "triggering activities"...hell, just being awake was a trigger for me (nearly 4 decades worth).

According to what I've read on this site and other places (go check out BrettLees' signature block; he's got a link there to a really good NIH article), it can take months (some say up to a year or more) for your brain to finish that particular process and you rediscover your "new normal". Until then, whether you use fake dip, (BaccOff straight's the closest thing I've found to Copenhagen) or not, seeds, fireballs, gum, whatever...do whatever you have to to not stick dip in your face ever again. Even if you gain twenty pounds, it's better than playing russian roulette with your face.

Read, read, and read some more. You are NOT alone in this quit. Thousands of others have gone before you. Read up on what they have been through...you'll likely go thru similar events. Stay connected to this site. Interact with others; trade cell numbers; get engaged with your quit group.

Strap in and hang on....gonna be a heckuva ride!

Offline Jiffy

• BANNED
  • Quitter
Jiffy's Intro
« on: October 27, 2014, 05:14:00 PM »
Howdy folks, my name is Jonathan (or Jon)...doesn't really matter I guess since I have friends that call me both, and some that call me worse. I'm here to give an introduction to ya'll since I'll most likely be remaining close and hugging some major nut sack these next couple weeks since I'm still in my fairly early stages of my quit. I started dipping about 10 years ago, while I was still in High School. I worked on a farm while in school (a hog farm) - and I was a 3 sport athlete in High School. Of course, one of these sports was wrestling, and as most of you know, dipping is almost encouraged in wrestling (by the coach's...heck, they'd even buy it for us). Before I knew it, Skoal and Grizzly was a normal part of my day, just like eating lunch with your buddies. I'd do it while I worked on the farm, cut grass, drink beer, and even snuck it in while I played baseball. My friends did it, and it was just a small town social event I did to "fit in" to my rural setting.
I understand, that this same scenario fits probably a good share of you guys. I'm no exception....and reading stories gives me the overall feeling of "fitting in" that got me started with this nasty ass habit to begin with.

Anyhow...18 days ago (October 10, 2014), I quit that shit cold turkey (after 2 cans a day for the last 5 years). This day is easy for me to remember, as it is also the day I married the love of my life (and no....not the grizzly bear lolol). I am a newlywed....and I came to the decision that she deserved better....she accepted me for how I was with it, but deep down...I know we both deserve better. She doesn't need a man that carries bear shit around in his lip. The first week was a breeze...with the honeymoon, and being out of the country (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic) - I was able to keep my mind occupied even through a majority of the physical withdrawals, but now that I'm back to the real world, and ultimately, back to work.....the triggers have been hitting me HARD. I've been a frequent visitor to this site in the past, but I've picked myself up by the balls and registered/roll called for the first time today because I'm starting to see where surrounding myself with folks that have been where I am will help me greatly.

So, I guess that pretty much sums it up. I'm from Southwest Ohio, about 30 miles north of Cincinnati (WHODEY) and I'm looking forward to hearing from ya'll as well as sharing my progression and reading other's stories of dealing with the same crap I'm going through now, and what everyone here as gone through at some point in their journey.

Cheers,
Jonathan (Jiffy)