Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1513 times)

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
Welcome and congrats. Keep reading, post roll and get involved. Don't be a dick to your family, they didn't shove dip in your mouth.....you did. Besides that's what we are for....vent, bitch, piss and moan all over the place if you have to.

Most importantly, shout if you need anything.

Offline csucomms1

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Introduction
« on: January 18, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
Today is the day that I say goodbye to Nicotine. I had smoked since around age 13 up until my early 20Â’s, then switched off to snuff to feed my addiction away from those around me who have expressed concern. I want to be honest, I am scared shitless of dying, now that I have hit my 30Â’s and am ready to start a family with my wife, I have to do this (I am 31). I keep asking myself why if youÂ’re scared of death are you in such a rush to make it to that point? I find myself more and more often lately being worried (not just passing thoughts) about the fact that I could develop or have developed cancer. Sometimes I swear I have myself convinced if my jaw just hurts a little. The point is that I have come to realization that nicotine has been my crutch for many years. I work a stressful job, been through some rough times, and nicotine was always there for me. No more, everyone around me admires my dedication to get things done when I say I will. Failure is just not an option. What they donÂ’t know is that I have fooled all of them for many years. Quitting nicotine has been my longest and most trying battle. I lurked on this site for a few hours while I was working up the courage to jump in. ItÂ’s not like the idea of quitting is new to me, itÂ’s something I think about all the time. I have quit cigarettes in the past, only to replace them with snuff. I tried Wellbutrin, patches, and lozenges. My experience of all of those methods is that all I was doing was trading one poison for another. No more, cold turkey is the way I am quitting. Reading over other posts, and reading up on how to use this forum, I decided that today is the day. I know that it isnÂ’t going to be easy, hell I know I am going to be a dick to all those around me in the next 24-72 hours, but I will get through it. I may need a kick in the ass every once in a while, but I pledge to collaborate and contribute to this group everyday. Today is day 1, today is the last day I ever used nicotine in any form! I look forward to getting to know my quit brothers and sisters better.

-Matt
"Go Hard or Go Home"

The only easy day was yesterday! - US Navy SEALS

Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do. -Thomas Jefferson

Quit Date: January 18, 2011

Introduction Thread
HOF Speech