Author Topic: New here  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New here
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
FishinDipShit--30 Days Free
HELL YEAH BROTHER! You are 30 days into this and you are rocking it like a badass! Keep up the good work and keep your quit close to KTC.

Now is a good time to review your own intro section and remember the early addict brain you had and how much you questioned if you could do this. Use that fantastic spousal support, hell go home today and give her a kiss and say "thank you". She deserves that dip free kiss from you brother.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
Good job buddy
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Ace121x

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Archery, Farming, Computers, Games, Women
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Quote from: FishinDipShit
Almost a month free... feels good fellas. havent had a tobbacco induced heart burn in a while lol
Keep it up man, people like you as well as others here who have quit day by day for months are inspirational to me and others in my position. Glad to be quit with you.

Congrats!!
New Quitter? Click Here
'crackup' You Actually Think I May Cave Today? 'crackup'
Quit Date: Sunday November 10, 2013
'tanks'February 2014 Freedom Fighters'tanks'

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, The Outdoors, my Wife and my Daughter
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
Almost a month free... feels good fellas. havent had a tobbacco induced heart burn in a while lol
Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen 5 yrs quit that shit 10/21/2013

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »
applejack, I was adopted, maybe we are brothers. I'm with ya and think that shit like this requires off the wall ..........well shit.
Mogul

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
It definatly gets easier brothers... thanks for your continued support... esspecially applejack with his text messages wondering how my quit is going on the homefront.. stay quit guys
Be careful opening those text messages from AppleJack; he is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get.

Everybody's quit day needs a little ray of ~ sunshine, wtf!?, ass kickin', or just something weird to offset the hum drum. I am providing a much needed service by keeping you on your toes and slightly off-balance. Life's more fun when you don't know what's comin'!

Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
It definatly gets easier brothers... thanks for your continued support... esspecially applejack with his text messages wondering how my quit is going on the homefront.. stay quit guys
Be careful opening those text messages from AppleJack; he is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
Two weeks quit with my brothers!! feels good to know i had the strength to get this far... now to keep on going!
Awesome there man, and yes the strength originates from within each of us, but what we fail to remember is that when we start to feel weak that there is a strength here on the site between friends and quitters that can conquer all.

so remember there are tons of us right here with you.....

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2013, 06:40:00 PM »
Two weeks quit with my brothers!! feels good to know i had the strength to get this far... now to keep on going!

Offline Grizzfall

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying quit.Staying sane.Being more productive
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Dougie
Day 11.. i believe ive been counting wrong the whole time lol... anyway i havent had any craving tho it doesnt mean i still dont miss a big fatty in my lip. im not going to cave tho... id like to think im past the oral fixation part of the quit because i havent spat seeds nor smokey mountain since the weekend... day 11 and my quit is still going strong.
Stay close to your alternatives. Your addict brain may just try to trick you into thinking that you are beyond the oral fixation until you aren't.

You are doing great. Do focus so much on your day count, just focus daily on promising to quit and actually doing just that.

I am damn proud of the way you have jumped into your quit with two feet and very strong at that. Keep up the good work and beat that addict brain down one day at a time.

Pinched
Keep in mind that this addiction works in waves- you will have periods of feeling great and periods of feeling like shit. Be prepared for the downs and know that they will come.
i believe ya.. i know all it takes is one shit day at work to set my cravings off.. ive been trying my hardest to stay away from conflict at work since i quit, because in the past id just go back to my office and take my anger out on my lip lol now i have to man up and deal with it
Congrats and keep it up man. You've got the conviction to see this quit happen. Glad to be quit with you. Oh, and nobody at the office has a clue what your going through unless they're quit. I'm still struggling with that one. Stay quit.
-Grizzfall
"This personal torture has a good ending right?"

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
Day 11.. i believe ive been counting wrong the whole time lol... anyway i havent had any craving tho it doesnt mean i still dont miss a big fatty in my lip. im not going to cave tho... id like to think im past the oral fixation part of the quit because i havent spat seeds nor smokey mountain since the weekend... day 11 and my quit is still going strong.
Stay close to your alternatives. Your addict brain may just try to trick you into thinking that you are beyond the oral fixation until you aren't.

You are doing great. Do focus so much on your day count, just focus daily on promising to quit and actually doing just that.

I am damn proud of the way you have jumped into your quit with two feet and very strong at that. Keep up the good work and beat that addict brain down one day at a time.

Pinched
Keep in mind that this addiction works in waves- you will have periods of feeling great and periods of feeling like shit. Be prepared for the downs and know that they will come.
i believe ya.. i know all it takes is one shit day at work to set my cravings off.. ive been trying my hardest to stay away from conflict at work since i quit, because in the past id just go back to my office and take my anger out on my lip lol now i have to man up and deal with it

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »

Pinched
i appreciate it.. tho i feel cured, i know that i am not and i will not let my guard down

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »

Pinched
Yes sir...

The 30's can be bad. Use any good days to recharge and prepare for the next rounds as you are not finished.

My "suck scale" looked something like this:

Day 1-3: bad fog, my brain didn't work at all. Very little sleep and couldn't take a dump to save my life. I wanted a dip every second of each day.

Day 4-10: Pretty much out of the fog but bad, bad cravings and headache every second of the day

Day 11-14: My cruise control days, I didn't think about dipping much and craves were few and far between. Sleeping good but too much.

Day 15-21 Starting to get my energy level back up. Craves about 2-4 per day and short. The first thing every morning, I started to get an empty and sick feeling in my stomach when I thought about not being able to dip. Started losing my temper easily.

Day 22-25 No real changes, cruising along but feeling a little depressed. I started learning how to hate my addiction and was really mad about it.

Day 26- 30: Wow, I was starting to gain a lot of weight. Weird how I replaced Cope with Ice Cream and cake. I don't even eat sweets but here I am 10 lbs heavier. I don't care, I'm not dipping and the craves are mild.

Day 31-38: Freaking fog was back, some nasty craves and my temper way out of control. WTF!

Day 39-60: The roller coaster days. Mod craves followed by no craves, bad temper and mild depression. A difficult time but I was not giving up at this point.

Day 61-73: The best days by far. Seldom think about dip, temper is way better, sleeping like a normal person and just feeling pretty darn good. I am stacking up these good days to recharge my batteries and prepare for the next round of fights".

Day 74- 85: Really good days. Strong cravings when I have too many drinks so I have been careful with drinking. Normal days are now 0-1 crave. My temper has been completely under control for 2 weeks now.

Day 86-99: Zero craves, zero dip dreams and temper under control. The strong craves when I drink are also gone. I am disgusted when I see someone dip. Proudly watching my group hit HOF one at a time; which is just how we quit, one day at a time. My guard is still held high as I know the fight is far from over.

Day 100-102: I am on a high as I have reached my first goal. My guard is held the highest it has ever been in because I will not disappoint all those who have helped me.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »

Pinched