Author Topic: The Road to 100  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The Road to 100
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »
Applejacks you got this. This group of fuckers can do anything. When Souliman finally declares Vermont as "his" and needs an army to fight to the death to defend it, I'm coming here to recruit. You will see "you" again as you go through this. That slave, that chemically dependent man who has sacrificed his will and being to a fucking poison will start to separate from the real "you". That's the dude who will be left standing. This process ain't easy. It takes determination and belief that you can conquer the unknown. Here's the fucking rub: there ain't anything you can do on the outside of your brain to do this. Its all you and the help you get here. There's no pill. There's no magical wand that can rid this from you. Its your will versus the addicts. And sure as shit I know you will win. All you got to do is follow the advice and path that's here.

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 07:53:00 AM »
We've all been in your shoes, but you hopefully already know that. And hopefully you also know that THAT is the reason this site works....those of us that are here and giving you advice are passing on the same advice we recieved only its been tweaked here and there by individuals to make it work for them.

Here's a little piece of advice I'll pass on to you as I confirm my 1096th day of quit - that's three years.

Your title said, "The Road to 100." I'd ask that you drop that idea. Don't set your goal at that. Your goal, for now, should be, "The Road to Tomorrow." Commit yourself to the quit today. Just enough to get to tomorrow. Tomorrow, repeat your goal. Guess what? In the course of a week you will have 7 VICTORIES - you yourself said, " I think what has caused me to fail in the past is convincing myself that if I can quit for a month I can quit whenever..."

Prove to yourself that you can do this. A day at a time still adds up the same as if you were to have set your goal at 3 years off the bat. Except you build confidence and trust in your quit with each success. Quit each day for that day. Do that, and we're all quit with you.

You've got this. We've got your back.
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Ajacks23
Hello everyone, I finally decided it was time to quit. I am sick and tired of being a slave to dip. I have tried to quit in the past and made it about a month or two and caved. I think what has caused me to fail in the past is convincing myself that if I can quit for a month I can quit whenever I want and jump back into the can a day habit.

I'm currently on day 2 of my quit and my temper is on edge, feel in a fog, headache, and I think I have typed the wrong word in this post about 50 times already.

So far I have been spending all my time on the site reading everything I can and I always have a toothpick in my mouth (which seems to help).

That's it for now my brain is not functioning properly.

- Ajacks
Yep, stick close read everything you can and drink deep of the damn koolaid. It's proven, it works and I can also promise you it sucks.
Yes absolutely day 2 for me personally was the most fucked up day in my quit so far. I'm 20 days in and feeling really good about everything. I still spend at least 3 or 4 hours a day on this site reading, reading and reading again. I have read Diesels "Tend your Garden" no less than 30 times in 20 days. If you haven't it's a must read. My point of this reply quote is this site works if you work the site. Soak it all in and post roll every fucking day and as early as you can. That is the foundation of your quit and without that daily commitment you are setting yourself up for a cave. QLF today, come back tomorrow and do the same.
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 08:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Ajacks23
Hello everyone, I finally decided it was time to quit. I am sick and tired of being a slave to dip. I have tried to quit in the past and made it about a month or two and caved. I think what has caused me to fail in the past is convincing myself that if I can quit for a month I can quit whenever I want and jump back into the can a day habit.

I'm currently on day 2 of my quit and my temper is on edge, feel in a fog, headache, and I think I have typed the wrong word in this post about 50 times already.

So far I have been spending all my time on the site reading everything I can and I always have a toothpick in my mouth (which seems to help).

- Ajacks
Yep, stick close read everything you can and drink deep of the damn koolaid. It's proven, it works and I can also promise you it sucks.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Ajacks23

• Quitter
The Road to 100
« on: February 23, 2013, 07:20:00 PM »

- Ajacks
Quit Date: 2/22/2013

Ctrl A, X, V
Roll Patrol