Author Topic: New Dip Free Member  (Read 3629 times)

Offline mney65

• Interests: Weightlifting, firearms, Harley Davidson, Mostly my wife
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Dip Free Member
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
Day 3. Restless last night, grouchy this morning. There is a war going on inside me – to cave or not to cave. The only possible solution is to hit the gym and take it out on the iron. Gonna stay quit today.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
Quote from: mney65
OUCH!! What a warm and fuzzy group - THANKS! Everything said is true. I am, however, disgusted with this addiction and I am quit.  I'm tired of waking up and heading for my can even before I kiss my wife.  I'm tired of having to stand away from people during conversations for fear of them smelling my breath.  I'm tired of being afraid to smile or laugh because someone might see the disgusting wad of worm dirt in my lip.  To sum it up, I'm tired of a weed controlling my life!

Being a former Marine, it's hard to admit to myself that I don't have the metal to just throw the can down and walk away without ever thinking about it again.  That's probably why I chose soft words like "try" and "habit."  Keep me honest guys.  As to the gum, yes it was nicotine gum.  I put that down the garbage disposal this morning.  Let's do this thing!
You sound badass! Great job taking control!
Welcome to quit mney65. Hold on tight, you gotta want this bad. 1st 2 weeks is a mutha $%@#$. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. But after that it will get easier. YOU KNOW IT IS TIME, AND YOU KNOW IN YOUR HEART IT WILL BE WORTH IT.

Reach out, get some numbers. I think it is a must. Also get on chat if you havent already. Use this intro thread like a journal, keep track of how you feel and record your victories. You can rant and rave, ask questions or ask for advice. Whatever you need man. I quit with you.

Offline Quit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quitting One Day At A Time
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
Great that you posted roll! One problem was the comment you made after it. Look, the first few days suck, that is why we call them the suck. Take it one day, one hour, one minute, or one second at a time. Just stay quit! I just PM'ed you my number, use it if you need to.

Today I quit with you.
I have been Quit for several years and I still wake up every morning and quit one day at a time.  I figure if it worked yesterday, it will work today.  Never ever get complacent in your quit!

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 06:58:00 PM »
OUCH!! What a warm and fuzzy group - THANKS! Everything said is true. I am, however, disgusted with this addiction and I am quit. I'm tired of waking up and heading for my can even before I kiss my wife. I'm tired of having to stand away from people during conversations for fear of them smelling my breath. I'm tired of being afraid to smile or laugh because someone might see the disgusting wad of worm dirt in my lip. To sum it up, I'm tired of a weed controlling my life!

Being a former Marine, it's hard to admit to myself that I don't have the metal to just throw the can down and walk away without ever thinking about it again. That's probably why I chose soft words like "try" and "habit." Keep me honest guys. As to the gum, yes it was nicotine gum. I put that down the garbage disposal this morning. Let's do this thing!
You sound badass! Great job taking control!
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
OUCH!! What a warm and fuzzy group - THANKS! Everything said is true. I am, however, disgusted with this addiction and I am quit. I'm tired of waking up and heading for my can even before I kiss my wife. I'm tired of having to stand away from people during conversations for fear of them smelling my breath. I'm tired of being afraid to smile or laugh because someone might see the disgusting wad of worm dirt in my lip. To sum it up, I'm tired of a weed controlling my life!

Being a former Marine, it's hard to admit to myself that I don't have the metal to just throw the can down and walk away without ever thinking about it again. That's probably why I chose soft words like "try" and "habit." Keep me honest guys. As to the gum, yes it was nicotine gum. I put that down the garbage disposal this morning. Let's do this thing!
Glad to hear that you ditched the gum. Now just post roll everyday and honor that word. Reach out and get yourself some numbers and use them any time that you need. I will quit with you any day. If you need a number or anything at all just pm me.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline mney65

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 06:45:00 PM »

Offline KickThisB1tch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Most sports, I absolutely love playing/watching/teaching/coaching/anything to do with baseball. Football, Basketball, Hockey, UFC, Pretty much anything.I love to work out, run and stay in shape. I am just starting to re-pickup skateboarding.I like to go to the beach with my friends, drink, pretty much as long as I can get out I'm good.Oh, and I love to play video games (xbox 360)
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Wt57
Hello all.  This site looks encouraging.  I am 48 and have been dipping since I was 16.  I usually get sick of it every couple of years, especially in the summer.  Have tried quitting several times to no avail.  My new wife of 3 years is extremely disappointed in my habit - I hope that will be the final motivation I need to quit for good.  I have the gum, I am getting the fake snuff, I have the motivation, and now I have the support.  Here we go!!!
It hurts to write this response. I don't read the total disgust it takes to stay quit. Also you mentioned "this habit" I hope that's just a figure of speech. What we are is addicts, there is a huge difference between addiction and habit. "wife of 3 years is extremely disappointed". My wife of 33 years was more than disappointed and it motivated me to become more secretive. Finally don't get hung up on quitting for good worry about today! All that being said welcome to hell.
There is no TRY, only QUIT. I think you can do anything you put your mind to. What do you think??
These guys said it right on man. We don't try on this site, we DO!..or should I say we DON'T...use nic! The fake snuff is awesome, and so is everything else, but as you know just as well as all of us here..that just isn't going to cut it. You need the support and help...so get on the site, post roll every day, and if you need help, don't be afraid to ask for it! I welcome you to the rest of your life! And I quit with you today brother!
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON
QUIT DATE: 6/1/13

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Hello all.  This site looks encouraging.  I am 48 and have been dipping since I was 16.  I usually get sick of it every couple of years, especially in the summer.  Have tried quitting several times to no avail.  My new wife of 3 years is extremely disappointed in my habit - I hope that will be the final motivation I need to quit for good.  I have the gum, I am getting the fake snuff, I have the motivation, and now I have the support.  Here we go!!!
It hurts to write this response. I don't read the total disgust it takes to stay quit. Also you mentioned "this habit" I hope that's just a figure of speech. What we are is addicts, there is a huge difference between addiction and habit. "wife of 3 years is extremely disappointed". My wife of 33 years was more than disappointed and it motivated me to become more secretive. Finally don't get hung up on quitting for good worry about today! All that being said welcome to hell.
There is no TRY, only QUIT. I think you can do anything you put your mind to. What do you think??

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Hello all. This site looks encouraging. I am 48 and have been dipping since I was 16. I usually get sick of it every couple of years, especially in the summer. Have tried quitting several times to no avail. My new wife of 3 years is extremely disappointed in my habit - I hope that will be the final motivation I need to quit for good. I have the gum, I am getting the fake snuff, I have the motivation, and now I have the support. Here we go!!!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Matt F

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Hey Mney

You came to a good place to support nicotine freedom. Most of the guys will attest it feels great yet still have to take a daily search of soul and come up with another promise to quit again. I know I do. Post roll every day in Slutember 2013 Pre Hall of Fame. See you there man.

Offline Steve Mc.

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-12-21
  • Interests: Golf, fishing, and spending time with my wife and daughter.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Mjollnir
Gum? You do mean just gum right? We do not use nicotine gum. Stick with us, and get through the beginning and you will do fine.
Welcome, hope you are motivated to quit for yourself as well? Spousal support is great, but it won't keep me quit. My wife nagged me for years, as bad as I wanted to stop for her I couldn't until I was ready. And you stated you usually get sick of dipping every couple of years? I have to be sick of it every damn day and remember how bad it was stuffing my face every day.
Quit Date: 12/21/2012, HOF: 3/31/2013, FIVE Years 12/21/17
Sobriety Date: 10/10/2000

This sure beats the other alternatives, ODAAT.

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
Hello all. This site looks encouraging. I am 48 and have been dipping since I was 16. I usually get sick of it every couple of years, especially in the summer. Have tried quitting several times to no avail. My new wife of 3 years is extremely disappointed in my habit - I hope that will be the final motivation I need to quit for good. I have the gum, I am getting the fake snuff, I have the motivation, and now I have the support. Here we go!!!
Gum? You do mean just gum right? We do not use nicotine gum. Stick with us, and get through the beginning and you will do fine.

Offline mney65

New Dip Free Member
« on: June 15, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »