Author Topic: It starts today  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It starts today
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
Moose,
As you can see there is more support here than you can possibly imagine. What you need to understand is for years you have snuggled up to Nicotine to help with everything.. or at least you thought so. The addict mind is a strange beast.

No matter what you might think, nicotine did not help you with anything. Nor will it help you with anything in the future. The only thing nicotine does is keeps you addicted to nicotine. Learn to hate it, and NEVER believe it will help with anything.

Caving for whatever reason will always be met with harsh reactions, no excuse is ever good enough. I am glad you returned to quit. Now make this THE quit.

NEVER again
Greg

Offline brainsore

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
I too have a problem with the quote system while posting . It took a few reads to see what was going on . From what I can tell is your back for more quit . Sounds like your ready . Get in your group ,post , get in chat for some support , rinse and repeat .
The first few days suck but it's worth it .

brainsore

Offline moosegi10

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
I'm back. Day 2. Seeds and water. Been good so far. Realize that dipping doesn't really change anything. Thanks for your help. Talk with you soon.

Glad you're back, moose.

If you get crap for letting sorrow come between you and your quit, it's because staying quit is a full-time requirement here and that's not how things were handled. Caving is not an optional coping mechanism. When you cave and return, we need to establish the non-negotiables. Make sense?

So: Your quit is a promise. You broke your word. Sympathy has me too tied up in knots to tell you straight what I'm thinking about that - but maybe that's enough.

mooseg the quitter is going to need to work twice as hard to create distance from mooseg the user - because mooseg the caver is in the way. That extra burden won't last long. Make your promise for today. Keep your word.

You can do this. It starts today.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »
Glad you're back, moose.

If you get crap for letting sorrow come between you and your quit, it's because staying quit is a full-time requirement here and that's not how things were handled. Caving is not an optional coping mechanism. When you cave and return, we need to establish the non-negotiables. Make sense?

So: Your quit is a promise. You broke your word. Sympathy has me too tied up in knots to tell you straight what I'm thinking about that - but maybe that's enough.

mooseg the quitter is going to need to work twice as hard to create distance from mooseg the user - because mooseg the caver is in the way. That extra burden won't last long. Make your promise for today. Keep your word.

You can do this. It starts today.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: moosegi10
Thanks guys.  Seems like I came to right place
Moose's dad has passed away and moose is having trouble ridding his mind of thoughts that nicotine will help him grieve. This is a very rough time for him, but (and those that have lost others know this) it's going to be much Tougher to address his quit in the coming days.

You cannot control sickness, life, and death. You can control your actions.
Thanks for the update. Has this been posted to his quit group?

The man needs grace. Praying.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Seems like I came to right place
Moose's dad has passed away and moose is having trouble ridding his mind of thoughts that nicotine will help him grieve. This is a very rough time for him, but (and those that have lost others know this) it's going to be much Tougher to address his quit in the coming days.

You cannot control sickness, life, and death. You can control your actions.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline moosegi10

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Seems like I came to right place

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your father. You've had trouble quitting in the past because you didn't know you were an addict and kept making excuses to keep using. You wanted to quit, but you allowed your addiction to call the shots. Today is the day you can change all of that by posting roll and staying nic free.

Read all you can on this site. Educate yourself on nicotine addiction. Then make the DECISION that you will not ingest nicotine today. Get up tomorrow and repeat. Sound difficult? It is. If you make the decision to do whatever it takes to stay nic free, can you do it? You bet.

Yell if you need anything.

gmann 206 days of freedom

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
Moose,

I am also sorry about your Father's illness.

Yes we can help, but you must do the work.

#1 Quit everyday--ONLY ONE DAY AT A TIME--not forever--just today--Post roll with your November Group--throw out all nicotine/tobacco.

#2 Repeat number one every day

#3 in addition to the brotherhood on this site, get off site support--wife, friend or family member and doctor/dentist

#4 read everything on this site--old and new posts---educate yourself--be prepared

#5 Get mad at Nicotine!

Pm me if you need anything
LL
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
Hi. I have dipped for about 14 years. I am 32. Can and a half a day of skoal. Tried to quita few times, didn't work, went to a hypnotist, quit for a few weeks right back. My father now has terminal lung cancer and has days to live. Was a smoker for his entire life. The time to quit is right now. Since this ordeal with my father started, the constant checking of the mouth and throat has been endless, convincing myself I have cancer. Thing is, if I quit I will not have that problem. I can do this, I can do it for myself and for my wife and kids. I need a swift kick in the ass from time to time. I think this might be the place for it. I need all the help I can get.
Please accept my sincere sympathies, concerning your father.

If you want a kick in the ass, this is absolutely the right place. Welcome.

Offline moosegi10

It starts today
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
Hi. I have dipped for about 14 years. I am 32. Can and a half a day of skoal. Tried to quita few times, didn't work, went to a hypnotist, quit for a few weeks right back. My father now has terminal lung cancer and has days to live. Was a smoker for his entire life. The time to quit is right now. Since this ordeal with my father started, the constant checking of the mouth and throat has been endless, convincing myself I have cancer. Thing is, if I quit I will not have that problem. I can do this, I can do it for myself and for my wife and kids. I need a swift kick in the ass from time to time. I think this might be the place for it. I need all the help I can get.