Author Topic: My fresh start.  (Read 5046 times)

Offline Polish Workhorse

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My fresh start.
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »
Ok. I'm going to put my two cents in here.

Dan, I don't think you're serious about your quit all all.

Your answers are fluff. "Demons in my head". Please, we all have those. You're making excuses hoping that everyone will let you slide in here and say that's ok. Give it another shot or two. We love you.

You have got to put your quit first or you will fail. Trust me. Give up the alcohol for at least the first 30 days. 50 recommended or you will go back. You are full of crap man. You aren't serious about your quit at all or it would show in your comments.

You don't have the proper attitude. I know I don't know you from Adam nor do I know your personality. I can only go off of the posts you place, but what I do know is that you can't even go two weeks without caving. Don't you get it man, this is a life change. You keep doing the same things thinking you will be posting the same thing in a couple of weeks or you'll be one of the 70 percent who won't make it to 100 days.

Believe me, you are going to need every ounce of help and every edge you can get to quit. I'm at day 93 and I am still having craves. I want a dip too but you know what, I say no I wont.

Your answers have no weight to them. You need to prove to your group how serious you actually are.

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
Quote from: danbighands
Quote from: haas0311
Dont be a fucking pussy anymore as we all lean on each other to get through this shit.
That's the plan, haas. Headed back into the woods for 3 days/2 nights. I'm gonna come back clean to make up for this bitch move i just pulled. the big boss is comin with us so there wont be much boozin this time. I'll get a can of that fake shit, justve never tried it before.

AJ, ya, i felt like total shit when i got back into service and saw your text. I'm getting back to business.

srans, my jobs all about the fishing, the whiskey is just a bonus. i would give up getting totally drunk for this quit, but i really dont think the whiskey was to blame as much as the demons in my head were. im not going to bullshit you, the quit is not my first priority in life. but i believe im serious about it. i guess time will tell. i was hoping to hear a little more about number three myself. going with fake shit, taking it easier on the whiskey, and manning the fuck up.

traumag, i think you nailed it. "leave your special butterfly at the door". for sure, got to realize im not better than anyone else tryin to quit his shit. i cant make nic my bitch that quick.

Ill be back posting a day 6 on Thursday, feeling a lot better about myself than I do right now.
This paragraph reeks of weakness-

Quitting is HARD- its a hell of a lot harder if you dont OWN it Every Fucking Day

When you start doing that then you won't have to "guess if time will tell" you will know it.

Offline haas0311

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Dont be a fucking pussy anymore as we all lean on each other to get through this shit.
That's the plan, haas. Headed back into the woods for 3 days/2 nights. I'm gonna come back clean to make up for this bitch move i just pulled. the big boss is comin with us so there wont be much boozin this time. I'll get a can of that fake shit, justve never tried it before.

AJ, ya, i felt like total shit when i got back into service and saw your text. I'm getting back to business.

srans, my jobs all about the fishing, the whiskey is just a bonus. i would give up getting totally drunk for this quit, but i really dont think the whiskey was to blame as much as the demons in my head were. im not going to bullshit you, the quit is not my first priority in life. but i believe im serious about it. i guess time will tell. i was hoping to hear a little more about number three myself. going with fake shit, taking it easier on the whiskey, and manning the fuck up.

traumag, i think you nailed it. "leave your special butterfly at the door". for sure, got to realize im not better than anyone else tryin to quit his shit. i cant make nic my bitch that quick.

Ill be back posting a day 6 on Thursday, feeling a lot better about myself than I do right now.
The poison is no Joke my friend. You don't put 110% you will fail. Make no mistake.
Ok, I am going to hold you to it! I got a hunt coming up on the 26th through the 28th and you can damn sure bet that I will be packing the fake stuff with me! This will be the first hunt that I have EVER gone on without the nic slut by my side. If I can beat this shit, I know you can. If you need an annoying asshole to keep you inline, pm me and I will get you my digits, LOL!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »

The poison is no Joke my friend. You don't put 110% you will fail. Make no mistake.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »

fishcamp womern, baby I like the way you smell.

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family and the great outdoors.
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
well, i caved like a pussy.

got too drunk and some dude pulled out a can. told myself i could have one dip, its been two weeks. so i took one dip. so trashed i hardly remember it. Im bummed that i was a weak bitch at that moment, but am glad that I started the quit right back up no problem.

the two days following the cave didnt suck that bad, it doesnt feel like im starting over from scratch.

oh well, tell me i suck. i guess i deserve it.
Yepppp...you suck. And you know damn well when you were packing that pinch upu thought about your KTC brothers and the commitment you made. But you said the hell with it. I'm drunk and I have a valid excuse. Horse shit. You inconsiderate drunkard. Now stay away from the alcohol and get back on track.
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word,
a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ---Leo Buscaglia

Encourage your quit brothers!

Money saved as of 11/6/13=$885.00

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
Dan,

What the FUCK?!  How in the fuck do you cave after two weeks?  If you were going to go get all fucked up and you knew you were, why didn't you go get some fake shit?  I like my whiskey more than the average bear and a handle of crown black doesn't last long in my house but I realise that my quit is the most important thing!  Damn it man, this pisses me off!  The Duck Fip's already are off to a rocky start and we have guys dropping everyday.  We need dedicated motherfuckers to help the newb's get through this shit.  Dont be a fucking pussy anymore as we all lean on each other to get through this shit.
This ^^ sounds like a quitter. You need anything let me know haas....
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline haas0311

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2013, 07:42:00 AM »
Dan,

What the FUCK?! How in the fuck do you cave after two weeks? If you were going to go get all fucked up and you knew you were, why didn't you go get some fake shit? I like my whiskey more than the average bear and a handle of crown black doesn't last long in my house but I realise that my quit is the most important thing! Damn it man, this pisses me off! The Duck Fip's already are off to a rocky start and we have guys dropping everyday. We need dedicated motherfuckers to help the newb's get through this shit. Dont be a fucking pussy anymore as we all lean on each other to get through this shit.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 05:13:00 AM »
You have read nothing here this aint no OH I CAVED site you douche you pussed out read my post to you what no service? you are a dick we have much bigger things happening here then my bro offered me a dip and I took it. I was drinking...blah whatever big man with hands apparently you can grab a can just fine...think about it check yourself and leave your special butterfly at the door.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2013, 05:05:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Dude... This obviously pisses me off no end!! We texted all week long pulling you outa your little funk from 5 days ago. You were on your knees then ready to give in. So in 5 days you learn so much that you got her beat!? Dammit man! You've already heard everything you need to hear... I'm not going to be redundant. You have tools... USE THEM!!! You said it yourself too, sac up.
I'm going to say is a couple little things. First off,, i got better things to do with my time than help someone that doesn't put their quit first. From what I just heard i don't think your serious.

First of all what kind of job do you have that you camp out, drink and dip. Interesting....

You stated that your not going to give up Wiskey when its offered. What are you willing to do for this quit? I was willing to do whatever it took(with the exception of a few things). I would like to know more on question #3.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2013, 02:35:00 AM »
Dude... This obviously pisses me off no end!! We texted all week long pulling you outa your little funk from 5 days ago. You were on your knees then ready to give in. So in 5 days you learn so much that you got her beat!? Dammit man! You've already heard everything you need to hear... I'm not going to be redundant. You have tools... USE THEM!!! You said it yourself too, sac up.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2013, 02:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Zam

PS- you are starting from scratch.
As far as daycounts and all that, yes I am starting from scratch. but physiologically, this day 1 is a lot different than the day one two weeks ago.

i was planning to post a day 3 tomorrow. do i stay in the same group or since i blew it do i change groups?

what to do differently? im never going to turn down whiskey on a fishing trip. but i dont think that was the real issue. i guess i just used being drunk as an excuse to myself. its the mindset that i was in before the drinking that was the problem... thinking that i am tougher than the nic. that I, danbighands, can take an occasional dip.

everytime ive attempted to quit, i have made it ten days, two months, 6 months. then i tell myself, "hell, that wasn't so hard. I can kick that habit anytime. why start now?" i know this is bullshit. my weaknesses are justifying themselves. but when your own mind is playing tricks on itself, its easy to fall for them.

this situation will happen again, hopefully not with the same outcome. but i will be out of cellphone range, with people who dip, fishing and camping. Its my job. (i know, tough) Ill be gone again tomorrow through wednesday.

so i dont know what, exactly, i need to do differently, other than just to grow a pair and man the fuck up. ill take any suggestions.

sorry for letting you down, brothers, for a sloppy chew that i barely remember. pathetic.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
...the two days following the cave didnt suck that bad, it doesnt feel like im starting over from scratch...
uh-huh....so I guess you'll be just dipping once every two weeks now? riiiiiiight.
How did it happen?
Why did it happen?
What will you do differently this time? (assuming you are gonna post a day 1)

PS- you are starting from scratch.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »

got too drunk and some dude pulled out a can. told myself i could have one dip, its been two weeks. so i took one dip. so trashed i hardly remember it. Im bummed that i was a weak bitch at that moment, but am glad that I started the quit right back up no problem.

the two days following the cave didnt suck that bad, it doesnt feel like im starting over from scratch.

'impatient'

dammit I have seen this way too many times when it comes to the alcohol. And you, one who was given access to be a leader with updating the spreadsheet for your month, your group and your brothers.....

we know the what happened and why (though the why could be expanded upon),

but answer that 3rd question as to what are you going to do different this time to remain quit. look in the mirror and learn this as without it you will just be back to the same point....

very disappointed........

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2013, 09:39:00 PM »