Author Topic: Quitters do win... 8 days, New to KTC  (Read 1247 times)

Offline PatrickG

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-30
  • Interests: God, family, duck hunting and Alabama football.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitters do win... 8 days, New to KTC
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »
Dan,

It is time to dump all of the nic and post roll. It's not easy but it is simple. Make a promise and keep it for a day. Then we will do it all over tommorow.
It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.- Paul Bear Bryant

Process guarantees success. A good process produces good results - Nick Saban

HOF Speech - There is nothing new under the sun

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 01:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: Dan-O
I'm new to all this stuff, so doing the easiest way I thought. As mentioned, looking for advise and thanks for providing.

Roll call will do, toss in garbage as well.

Thanks,

Dan-o
Well done!

Welcome to the suck.. It will be hard until it's not. But it truly gets easier every day. Everybody here has gone through what your doing today.

Here is your group:

topic/10990123/

There are directions on how to post roll on that page. Don't be scared to mess it up.
By posting role you are making a promise you won't touch any form of nicotine today.
Be a man of your word!

If you have questions... Send me a PM.
I just sent you one in your inbox (top right corner)

I quit with you today..
Rawls
Dan-O;
way to nut up and quit like a quitter. This shit isn't easy but my best advice for you is to do the following (in no particular order):
- post roll daily
- network with other quitters (exchange phone numbers and try to meet face to face "making it real")
- use your intro as a diary to document all the phases of hell you are about to witness
- realize your are an addict not a habitual dipper
- control your anger, only you made you an addict (or kick the shit out of the person that force fed you tobacco each time)
- include family as support
- quit for you and only you
- read the other intros and words of wisdom here; it will help you preplan for the hurdles ahead of you
- find alternatives and have them on standby everywhere and at all times
- repeat after me "fuck you Nicotine"

That should get you well on your way
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
I'm new to all this stuff, so doing the easiest way I thought. As mentioned, looking for advise and thanks for providing.

Thanks,

Dan-o
Well done!

Welcome to the suck.. It will be hard until it's not. But it truly gets easier every day. Everybody here has gone through what your doing today.

Here is your group:

topic/10990123/

There are directions on how to post roll on that page. Don't be scared to mess it up.
By posting role you are making a promise you won't touch any form of nicotine today.
Be a man of your word!

If you have questions... Send me a PM.
I just sent you one in your inbox (top right corner)

I quit with you today..
Rawls
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 11:36:00 AM »

Thanks,

Dan-o
Smart man dan
Quit now cold turkey never look back! You will never regret getting your life back! Get fake dip, seeds whatever it takes ! Post roll EDD! ODAAT! Pm guys get some numbers
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Dan-O

• Quit Date: 2015-02-21
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 11:08:00 AM »

Thanks,

Dan-o

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 10:15:00 PM »
Nicotine.

That's what you're addicted to.
Does it make any kind of sense to use it as an aid to quitting?

I've seen guys like you come in with this same story many times... I'm stunned at the stupidity every damn time.

The only way you quit... Is to quit. Cold turkey.
All forms of nicotine you are using to "ease" the process are doing the exact opposite... Prolonging your pain. Why the hell would you keep doing that? It's idiotic.

Drop it all in the toilet, piss on it, and flush.
Quit for real... Stop playing.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »
Dan-o
Your not quit. Your still doing your habit.
Or your still an addict to nicotine.
Usually I would hammer you to the wall. But I'm sure someone behind me will take care of that.
We're a zero nicotine site.
We are the most successful site.
We quit cold turkey.
We are about being free from the NB
We HATE cancer.
We want to help you.
Go throw all nicotine in the toilet and flush..
Come back and tell us how it feels.
It's gonnnnaa Suck.
Be a man.. Chunk it.
Then post roll tonight and make a promise to everybody on this sight that you won't touch nicotine for the next 24 hours.
Then we will deal with tomorrow.
We are here waiting on your decision.. It's a huge decision. You can do it.
I believe.....

Offline Dan-O

• Quit Date: 2015-02-21
Quitters do win... 8 days, New to KTC
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:06:00 PM »
Last date was Feb 21, 2015. Been a long time habit with Skoal LC Mint. Started out due to HS wrestling and trying to cut weight. That was almost 30 yrs ago.

I have read in this forum about how people feel enslaved by dipping and yes you do. How did I? Being an expensive habit, I'd find a store selling for $1.50 per can cheaper I ended up changing directions to/from locations just to stop at that place and save a few bucks. Hanging out with the family... Anxiety as if more than an hour, how could you dip without people noticing. Walking around the house, how many cans did one spit in.. Lunch, needed to be solo as to try to have a dip and take a walk. I would call that having a stupid can running part of your life!!

Really totally disgusting habit... Quitters do win.

I decided to quit a few months ago and finally did it. Here is how I started the quit and looking for thoughts suggestions on how to get around some of these oral fixation cravings.

Prior September 2014 - Easily 5 cans a week, possibly 6.

September - February. Cut down, went from 4 cans in Sept down 2 w per week in Feb. I stopped dipping between 8 - 5 (early on had one at lunch). Had a dip in the AM on way to work, then on way home from work. Evenings as well. I was really good at hiding it, however if anyone drove my car, they would see that can sitting in the side... During the day I would have some Nicotine gum at around 10am, then again at 2pm. In between, I would switch off between normal gum and some hard candy. Could not wait till 5pm.

Feb 21st, my official Quit date. I decided to go on "the patch" to phase off of all this (I am looking for suggestions here). I use around 10 mg patch per day but take off at night. Day consists of sunflower seeds, hard candy and gum. Really getting tired of all that stuff. That whole oral fixation thing really drives you nuts. Eating, seem to be eating a lot more now days.

Thoughts or suggestions? Looking forward to reading more stories..

Dan-o