Author Topic: Late Intro  (Read 1825 times)

Offline tljent79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-02
  • Interests: Spending time with my family, being outdoors, music, & traveling.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Late Intro
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 01:41:00 PM »
I'm damn proud to quit with you Jeff!
"I'd like to think of myself as the flavor of the decade." - Ron Paul

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 01:32:00 PM »
Stay strong and keep posting roll!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline jswiss11

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-08 00:24:00
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 09:35:00 AM »
Wow Jeff- glad you had that experience to get you on the right path with all of us! it is a battle, through and through, but it can certainly cost you your life if you play to lose.

stay close to the site. you will have good days and stretches of bad days. proud to be quit with you today and for the future of tomorrow.

Offline Jeff W

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Late Intro
« on: December 06, 2016, 08:32:00 AM »
My intro is a bit late, but partaking in everything else this site has to offer figured I might as well write an intro too. I'm 32 yrs old married with 2 kids. My story is no different than everyone else on this site. I started dipping when I was 18 my freshman year of college. Tried to quit on my own multiple times after I graduated and failed. I prayed for strength and guidance to help me quit and the good Lord answered and it scared the crap out of me. 34 days ago I chose to quit, 2 days prior I prayed. Crazy shit happened, I work in the oilfield and was heading out to location with a fat hoss in my lip thinking about how I was going to quit when i work 12-15 hr days and 95% of my coworkers dip. Well that day I felt a bump on the inside of my lower jaw under my tongue. Freaked me out, I still had 3 days left in my hitch before I got to go home, I spent the next few days googling mouth cancer making things worse. I thought for sure I had cancer. I was a grown ass man crying in the bathroom. Decided to make a dentist appt for when I got home. After calling the dentist I quit on 11/3/16. I quit the first 2 days on my own and googled tips to quit chewing and found KTC. I truly believe God led me here, the lump in my mouth provided the scare of my life which provided the strength I needed to decide to quit and KTC is the guidance I prayed for. Long story short, I went to the dentist and was diagnosed with Mandibular Tori , which I guess is fairly common and quite often mistaken as cancer by people who have it. Essentially it is a benign growth of bone on the backside of your jaw. They don't really know what causes it. Anyhow, those 3 days of "knowing for sure I had cancer" are burned into me now and are the fuel I need to keep going. I will walk my daughter down the aisle and I will see my grandchildren one day!

Thank you to everyone at KTC that has given me support so far!

I quit with all of you EDD!

Jeff W.