Author Topic: New member  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Cubsball13

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
Fist off- love you picture... Tobias! Youre right-Not much I can say to that, I just found out how and where to post roll.. headed to a meeting, will post and commit today... Thanks again fellas see you soon.
"The walk to freedom is going to hurt, but I want to be independent. I'll go to hell and back for freedom. I'm off to hell, but I'll be back." -MThomas

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Steve1357
Quote from: Cubsball13
Thanks for timely responses and nice words.  I am excited to have support from those have have "been there" as well as those going through the same difficulites.  Look forward to navigating through the site and you'll see me on roll call. Thanks again for the posts.
I don't like the future tense you are using.

I don't want to see you on roll call tomorrow. I want to see you on roll call NOW!

Promise us NOW that you will not use nicotine for the rest of the day. Get rid of all your chew and nicotine NOW.

Not one good thing will come from waiting until tomorrow. I do not think you will find one person on this site that would say "Gosh, I wish I would have gotten one last chew in before I quit". The nic bitch has been using that trick for years. But tomorrow will come and there will be another reason not to quit.

Dump your stash and post roll NOW.
Look, I'm gonna post something here, yeah, cut and paste, from what I told another new quitter. Does it apply to you? Maybe not directly, but you make sure and read it for the meaning, not the small details. In that sense, it applies to you and every other quitter...

So, let another Dan - me - chime in here. Not only do I have a name in common with you, but I too was a dipper for 18+ years.

I'm also a former military member, currently a football and baseball coach, as well as a nurse. And I've been quit 835 days. What the fuck does that have to do with anything, you ask?

Well, it means that when I tell you all the things you have been told here are correct, it might make you take it a little more seriously. When I tell you it is fine to love your family enough to quit, but that the only thing...and I do mean ONLY THING that matters in the success of your quit is the answer to the following question:

DO YOU LOVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TO QUIT?

To quit, and stay quit, you have to be selfish...this quit has to be about you and you alone. Trust me...I know this as well as anyone...

You have to be willing and ready to quit and remain quit no matter what...family member dies, not a reason to dip. Wife divorces you, not a reason to dip. Don't get to see your kids very often, not a reason to dip. Lose a job...nope. Never again...for any reason...THAT is what this site is about. Are you ready? Are you Willing?
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Cubsball13
Thanks for timely responses and nice words. I am excited to have support from those have have "been there" as well as those going through the same difficulites. Look forward to navigating through the site and you'll see me on roll call. Thanks again for the posts.
I don't like the future tense you are using.

I don't want to see you on roll call tomorrow. I want to see you on roll call NOW!

Promise us NOW that you will not use nicotine for the rest of the day. Get rid of all your chew and nicotine NOW.

Not one good thing will come from waiting until tomorrow. I do not think you will find one person on this site that would say "Gosh, I wish I would have gotten one last chew in before I quit". The nic bitch has been using that trick for years. But tomorrow will come and there will be another reason not to quit.

Dump your stash and post roll NOW.

Offline Cubsball13

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »
Thanks for timely responses and nice words. I am excited to have support from those have have "been there" as well as those going through the same difficulites. Look forward to navigating through the site and you'll see me on roll call. Thanks again for the posts.
"The walk to freedom is going to hurt, but I want to be independent. I'll go to hell and back for freedom. I'm off to hell, but I'll be back." -MThomas

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
Welcome Cubsball13,
What Wedgie says times 1000!
Read everything you can. get to this site as much as you can.
Post roll in September 2012 quit group.
We quit here everyday, one day at a time. We will deal with tomorrow when it comes.
Welcome.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 02:09:00 PM »
Being a Cubs fan for early days I feel your pain - Wedge nailed the high points
commit to this site and it will save your life-

You will only get as much out of this site as you invest into it

Check you in box (upper right)
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »
Patrick,

It's just 1 day at a time. Quit from the time you wake up until the time your head hits the pillow. Just worry about those 18 hours or so that you are awake. Everything else is for another day.

Read the Welcome Center to find out how the site works and why it works. Trust me, it works.

Posting roll is your daily promise to you, me, and everyone else that you will refrain from any kind of nicotine for the day. Just promise to quit today, that's it. Posting roll is kind of tricky to get right, but once you get it, you get it. Click here to watch a 2 min video on how to do it right. Once you figure it out, go post roll in the September '12 quit group. September is the month when you would hit 100 days quit.

Strength to quit is what you make of it. If you want to be quit bad enough, you'll do what it takes to last until you finally close your eyes. You will have so many tools and so much support here on this site to quit that you will be utterly amazed.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions.

First 3 days, do the 3 W's.

Water
Walk
Willpower

Quit with you today.

Offline Cubsball13

• Quitter
« on: June 08, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
Hi all name is Patrick, I checked out this site past couple of days-seems like a great network. I love baseball (sports in general) have been dipping Cope LC for past 12-13 years and only Iam 28. Its time... However I recently became engaged, and hoping Ill be strong enough during this time and not relapse. Tomorrow will be day 1... Also can anyone point me in the direction of a good group ( I am sure most are good regardless) Just wanted to get my face out there and say hello.. I am the type that will need the support-so hopefullly I can get to know you fella's a bit better here and will welcome any and all relevent advice/tips.

Thanks everyone.

Pat