Author Topic: Eschmit04 - my journey  (Read 8683 times)

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
Re: Eschmit04 - my journey
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2019, 10:05:41 PM »
Feel free to call me anytime. I artchery elk hunt every year. I love it.  Must agree bear is delicious! And one of my favorite animals to hunt.

Never hunted the mulies just cause I have not drawn the tag I want.

Careful Ed I just may take you up on that!  I drew a NM tag for the second straight year, which is just plain crazy so I’ll be making the long ass drive(26-28 hrs) from Minny again this fall.  Absolutely stoked, and I’m going to be doing it nic free this year.  Kind of scary but with all of you guys as supporters I know I’ll make it!

Gunnar 73

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2019, 09:18:29 PM »
Hey Badass! Just dropping in to say hi, Hope all is well! Proud to call you a Brother! Remember if you need anything, I'm here for ya! Keep up the Great work!

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/26/2019
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2019, 10:50:40 PM »
Feel free to call me anytime. I artchery elk hunt every year. I love it.  Must agree bear is delicious! And one of my favorite animals to hunt.

Never hunted the mulies just cause I have not drawn the tag I want.

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2019, 10:35:11 PM »
Depends what your hunting but I might have a couple.... Lol. Bear season opened yesterday!!!
My favorite is elk, but mule deer, speed goats, bear have all fallen victim. Bear is some of my favorite wild game, incredible backstraps.

Need to get a moose hunt in someday, but that’s getting tougher all the time.

And a spring spot and stalk bear hunt in the mountains would be a hell of an adventure.

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2019, 10:20:18 PM »
Depends what your hunting but I might have a couple.... Lol. Bear season opened yesterday!!!

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2019, 09:27:57 PM »
Right on Ed!  Things have definitely improved for me and I completely agree, it is comforting to see/know that we aren’t alone in what we are going through. Stay strong and feel free to reach out anytime, you’ve got my digits.....oh and if you happen to have any good spots to bow hunt out there in Idaho I’ll have to hit you up!   ;D Just kidding.

Gunnar 67

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2019, 11:52:36 AM »
This site is an amazing place.

Let me explain. It is full of brothers and sisters that share ATLEAST one thing in common. They want to quit nicotine, to be more specific they want to quit chewing. Something no one fully understands unless they have been though it. Hell I'm going through it and I don't even understand it lol. And among these people you connect with you get a group of folks that are open to complete strangers. Talk about things some cant/wont even share with their wives, friends, or family.

Then comes the most amazing part (to me atleast). I will go through phases where I am present here but not active. I post roll and move on with my day. Sometimes for a couple days maybe longer. I am still active with text and some PMs etc. Then one day you pop into the intros and see that your brothers are going through the exact same stuff that you have been thinking and not talking about. Hilltop and Mayflys powt about surviving the funk was perfect timing for me. Dela touching on being an addict I can 100% relate to. Gunner talking about feelin like hes just going though the motions of life and not really living. Its an instant sigh of relief for me and the reminder that I'm not alone, And more than anything THIS TOO SHALL PASS. I have come to realize that nicotine is FAR more powerful than I ever imagined.

I want to thank each and everyone of you that are here and battling with me. I want to throw out a special thanks to a few people that have had a major impact on my quit that may not even know how much they have helped me.

MAYFLY
HILLTOP
DAWGS
RICK JR.
GUNNER
CHRIS2ALASKA
DELAHUNT

Right there with you Bro, it's been nice chatting with you and Dawgs today.

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2019, 09:15:11 AM »
This site is an amazing place.

Let me explain. It is full of brothers and sisters that share ATLEAST one thing in common. They want to quit nicotine, to be more specific they want to quit chewing. Something no one fully understands unless they have been though it. Hell I'm going through it and I don't even understand it lol. And among these people you connect with you get a group of folks that are open to complete strangers. Talk about things some cant/wont even share with their wives, friends, or family.

Then comes the most amazing part (to me atleast). I will go through phases where I am present here but not active. I post roll and move on with my day. Sometimes for a couple days maybe longer. I am still active with text and some PMs etc. Then one day you pop into the intros and see that your brothers are going through the exact same stuff that you have been thinking and not talking about. Hilltop and Mayflys powt about surviving the funk was perfect timing for me. Dela touching on being an addict I can 100% relate to. Gunner talking about feelin like hes just going though the motions of life and not really living. Its an instant sigh of relief for me and the reminder that I'm not alone, And more than anything THIS TOO SHALL PASS. I have come to realize that nicotine is FAR more powerful than I ever imagined.

I want to thank each and everyone of you that are here and battling with me. I want to throw out a special thanks to a few people that have had a major impact on my quit that may not even know how much they have helped me.

MAYFLY
HILLTOP
DAWGS
RICK JR.
GUNNER
CHRIS2ALASKA
DELAHUNT

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 09:17:16 AM by eschmit04 »

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2019, 09:37:32 PM »
Hey all, here to document as well as vent. Almost two weeks ago since my last post about the bad anxiety. Ashwagandha has not arrived yet but having another one of those brutal couple day spells.

What gets me the most is that I have just never been this way before. I have always been able to improve my mood, mind over matter was taught to me at a young age. It's frustrating, it's exhausting, it's actually embarrassing.

Is it all because I'm re wiring my brain? Is this really from nicotine? The brain is a powerful tool, I usually use it to my advantage. Now at times it's like I am fighting against my own brain.

I am setting a goal. Or a maybe milestone is a better word. At my 90 day mark I will be going back to talk to the Dr. I am tired of feeling like this. I'm tired of not being myself. These days make me think, was it nicotine that made me that happy care free person?

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2019, 11:19:35 AM »
Thanks for the replys guys. All in all doing good. Everyday seems to get a little better, a little easier. All my friends chew and it doesn't seem to bother me anymore.

I did order some of the ashwagandha. I plan to try it for a bit and if I like it.

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: Eschmit04 - my journey...
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2019, 12:05:27 AM »
Hey all who has tried Ashwagandha? I hate pills, especially when people say anti anxiety/depression. I'm looking for real life experience. I have heard it mentioned on this forum multiple times and encouraged.

This fog, dizzy, anxiety, distracted, tight chest that comes out of nowhere is really getting to me. I have never been this guy. I don't like it. It generally passes in 1-4 days.

The good days are great. These days are brutal. Had a two hour drive taking my two year old to the Dr for a check-up. I didn't even like driving the way I felt today.
So—I haven’t tried it. But I have researched it a little. There are no proven uses for it. However, that isn’t to say it can’t have some benefit. One thing that is known about it is that it’s GRAS..acronym for Generally Regarded As Safe. In the healthcare world, that means it’s about as safe as possible, very few, if any, side effects. All that to say, it’s worth a shot. I haven’t had that severe of a feeling. But I have had some rough ones. The worst that can happen is you blow a few bucks on it for nothing. At best? You find something that helps you get through this part of it. You are continuing to power through it though...not caving....I am proud as hell of you. I am proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with my Mayhem brother. You have my digits...feel free ANYTIME, day or night, to holler when this is  happening. Hang in there brother.
Yeahhhh....i didn’t pay attention to the time lapse there.....but either way, I’ve got your back. Hit me up anytime you need.

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
  • Quit Date: 1-22-2019
  • Likes Given: 86
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2019, 04:13:08 PM »
How are you holding up man? I see you posting in roll, I've been reading your intro.

If you need anything let me know...

We're quitting together brother.....
QD 1-22-2019. HOF 5-1-2019.  1st floor

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “

-Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

- John F. Kennedy

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 10:54:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply brother! That day that prompted that post has past and that feeling has not been near as severe since. I still might give it a try.

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: Eschmit04 - my journey...
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 10:21:21 PM »
Hey all who has tried Ashwagandha? I hate pills, especially when people say anti anxiety/depression. I'm looking for real life experience. I have heard it mentioned on this forum multiple times and encouraged.

This fog, dizzy, anxiety, distracted, tight chest that comes out of nowhere is really getting to me. I have never been this guy. I don't like it. It generally passes in 1-4 days.

The good days are great. These days are brutal. Had a two hour drive taking my two year old to the Dr for a check-up. I didn't even like driving the way I felt today.
So—I haven’t tried it. But I have researched it a little. There are no proven uses for it. However, that isn’t to say it can’t have some benefit. One thing that is known about it is that it’s GRAS..acronym for Generally Regarded As Safe. In the healthcare world, that means it’s about as safe as possible, very few, if any, side effects. All that to say, it’s worth a shot. I haven’t had that severe of a feeling. But I have had some rough ones. The worst that can happen is you blow a few bucks on it for nothing. At best? You find something that helps you get through this part of it. You are continuing to power through it though...not caving....I am proud as hell of you. I am proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with my Mayhem brother. You have my digits...feel free ANYTIME, day or night, to holler when this is  happening. Hang in there brother.

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
Eschmit04 - my journey...
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 10:35:12 PM »