Author Topic: Quit (For now)  (Read 1411 times)

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quit (For now)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Mr.
Hello. I wanted to tell my story to hopefully help someone else that may need it or maybe I am hoping that actually writing it out and sharing will help me in some way.

I started smoking at the age of 14. About a pack every two-three days. I never had an issue or a problem with it either. Actually, I liked it. Since going down to the gas station for smokes also involved soda. I started drinking soda by the gallon it seemed. (This will tie in later.)

Fast forward 4 years. Still smoking the same. Now I am 18 and in the work arena. My particular line of work is outside. Perfect. Still smoking. Problem now is, my body is so messed up from years of sports and stupidity. Could the smoking have played a part as well? Maybe, maybe not. Anyway, now I take approximately 12 - 15 Excedrin a day. I did work up to that amount as I didn't want to OD day 1.

+3ish Years. I end up having my first child. Hmmm, I think to myself. Time to quit smoking, as this can't possibly be a good thing around my child, so I did. Without smoking though, I got bored. Not sure how I started, but I did with smokeless tobacco about a month later. During this time I went through many different bizarre issues. Maybe it's because I gut it all the time. I had an indoor job at this time so spitting was not really an option

There came a time where for some odd reason it felt like someone was reaching into my back, grabbing my spine and twisting it. This went on for several months until one day I got tired of hearing all the Dr's say, I dunno, I went to the pharmacy and picked up one of everything for every symptom. Know what the problem was? Too much stomach acid. So, I needed an acid reducer. Problem solved. Attribute to dip? Probably, but problem solved so no worries.

As the years went on, I got the point of if I didn't have a dip in my mouth it was because I was eating or going to bed. However, the past few months have been one for bed, wake up in the morning and swap for a fresh one.

8 years total, I quit 15 days ago. Not because I wanted to either. I had to. You see, life insurance policies give a better rate if you are a non tobacco user. I already have a few policies in place, but not what they need to be with the amount of debt I have or would leave.

So, my only reason for quitting was to get a lower rate on life insurance. This will be my only term life insurance so dying in an accident would be the protection I am looking for. Honestly, I see myself picking up right were I left off once this plan is in place. Not a single person in my daily life knows about this either. I have never lied about it, but nor have I ever told about it. Don't have to lie if you don't ever get caught right?

In my head, I am invincible. Nothing bad can happen, and as proven, I can stop if need be. Hat tip to those on this site for their contributions. Everything they say to expect after quitting is certainly true. Days 8+ has been the most difficult, however there is a clear objective here so I must continue. I hope this story someway helps someone else know that maybe, just maybe there is someone else out there with the same history. Thanks for this site, and the stories. Now, back to the soda, Excedrin and stupid MF'n sunflower seeds.
yeah so what's your point?
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline Mr. O

• Likes Given: 0
Quit (For now)
« on: October 04, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »