Author Topic: serious this time  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Jeff W.

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-11
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: serious this time
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
You can do this. It is rough at first, but it will get better. All the crap you're going through now is a result of your body becoming free of this poison - so knowing that, why ever let it back in? Make your daily promise to us and cling to it every day, and one day at a time you will get through this. I quit with you today. Shoot me a PM if you want to trade numbers or if you have any questions.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
First few days are rough, but it gets easier. Most of us on this site are just like you, dipped for years, wanting to quit for most of them. Read as much as you can here, and post roll first thing every morning.,,That's your lifeline. Your mind is going to come up with all sorts of reason to get you to put a dip back in. All of it will be bullshit. You WON'T be able to quit again tomorrow by having one more dip today, the soreness in your mouth is NOT going to feel better if you put a dip in, you WON'T be able to do your work better if you start dipping again, etc etc etc. All bullshit. Here's 3 truths quitting is hard because you are an addict, nicotine is more addictive than crack, your health and well being is better off without dip. Stay focused and stay involved. You got this.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 06:04:00 PM »
Yep...you're doing it right. Don't worry about screwing up Roll Call. The mods can fix anything. Just ask for help and someone (who is a little more e-savvy than me) will send you directions. Or you can find them yourself by clicking around of the KillTheCan.org link above. Besides, what else are you going to do while you're not sleeping tonight, right?

Hang in there. YOU GOT THIS!!!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »
Quote from: pa.redneck
I tried the post roll thing. Not sure if I screwed it up or not. Definitely 'wired' right now!
Hyped up, rage, shakes, confusion and more! Welcome to life if a quitter! Dipped 38 years on day 32 quit! Best thing I ever done joining these tough s.o.b in this place! I know you're a grown ass man now post roll every damn day! Quit on one day at a time! Names Alvin pm me for digits we all in this together!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline pa.redneck

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-26
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:57:00 AM »
I tried the post roll thing. Not sure if I screwed it up or not. Definitely 'wired' right now!

Offline Stat

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »
Read everything you can on KTC because we all went through similar experiences.

But to really benefit, you need to become part of your monthly community. Post roll every day. Introduce yourself. Get to know others.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 11:32:00 AM »
You have quit zero times over the years. You may have stopped, but you never quit. Make this your quit. Read anything and everything on this site, and learn how to post roll call.

300 days ago I decided I wanted to be quit, and not a stopper. By posting roll and getting support from other quitters, I made it this far. Please join us, it is an incredible feeling being a quitter.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline pa.redneck

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-26
serious this time
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:13:00 AM »
I don't know how many times I quit over the years. Last year I purchased a box of the gum, then returned it. Tried chewing on sticks, gum etc. Never smoked, been dipping for 30 years. Started with cope, then went back and forth over the years. Thought that going to pouches would help me quit. Then the bastards lowered the price...
Monday I said enough. No more. Woke up early and put that last pouch in my face. Got rid of it soon after and committed to never again do it. I was going through a can a day - sometimes would double up on pouches. I was basically having a dip in almost all of my waking hours.
I came across this site while reading up on withdrawal - I'm jumping outta my chair and it feels like snakes are crawling under my skin...