Author Topic: Quit and lost - need to connect  (Read 2211 times)

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quit and lost - need to connect
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »
Quote from: cactusem
Almost a week of being quit now. Fog, anxiety, no-focus lifting some. Seem to be almost getting back to a normal routineÂ…just going about the day. Using the fake dip. Weird how it seems to satisfy and calm and relaxÂ…all without nicotine. Now that it is out of my body, it's all in my head. Weird stuff.
well done and yes recognize that it is in your head now but YOU are in control. YOU can do what you want and what you are here for and that is to QUIT

so when anything hits, get on the site here and read, type away, contact one of your brothers and sisters.

YOU got this, and I will quit right next to you today.

Offline cactusem

• Quitter
  • Plant Based
  • Quit Date: 01-18-14
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 07:18:00 AM »
Almost a week of being quit now. Fog, anxiety, no-focus lifting some. Seem to be almost getting back to a normal routineÂ…just going about the day. Using the fake dip. Weird how it seems to satisfy and calm and relaxÂ…all without nicotine. Now that it is out of my body, it's all in my head. Weird stuff.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
How you doing now cactus? Nicotine should be about history. Fog could be hitting. Let us all know!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 09:56:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
I know myself better than that.
In time you will be surprised how much you don't know about yourself. You may know the addicted you, but this journey leads to a new you. You have forgotten all about the real cactusem. The person you are now has been addicted to one of the most addictive drugs known to man. 1 was to many and 1000 was never enough. You spent 1000's of dollars on something that did absolutely nothing for you but take. You loved the poison more than anything, including your family and self. You believed lies and was lead around by a chain.

The real cactusem will surprise you. She is one bad lady. She doesn't need the poison, never did! You will discover there is so much you have missed because of this nasty addiction. Clear your mind of all that you think you know. Jump in the quit pool,, and I mean all the way in. You will like where this quit takes you. You need anything let me know.

One day at a time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it.
What Srans said x2. Cactus, this is a great journey you've started on. I myself have done the health kick while dipping. Pretty pointless eh? That's addiction for you. As you gain your freedom back one day at a time, you'll also be getting the real you back. Enjoy.

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
Quote from: cactusem
Quote from: B-loMatt
Don't worry about the oral fixation it will abate when you are ready; until then so long as it is nicotine free it is ok. By the way you are nic free now right? I saw you were cutting back last week, but you need to be nicotine free if you are posting here.
Yeah, nicotine free. Had last nicotine 1-17-14. Joined here on 1-18-14. 1-18-14 was my first day of all nicotine free. Today is my second...
Hi Cactusem,
Good job on your quit. I am also a chic in here so feel free to PM me with anything you need. See you in chat!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline cactusem

• Quitter
  • Plant Based
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Don't worry about the oral fixation it will abate when you are ready; until then so long as it is nicotine free it is ok. By the way you are nic free now right? I saw you were cutting back last week, but you need to be nicotine free if you are posting here.
Yeah, nicotine free. Had last nicotine 1-17-14. Joined here on 1-18-14. 1-18-14 was my first day of all nicotine free. Today is my second...

Offline cactusem

• Quitter
  • Plant Based
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
Quote from: srans

The real cactusem will surprise you. She is one bad lady. She doesn't need the poison, never did! You will discover there is so much you have missed because of this nasty addiction. Clear your mind of all that you think you know. Jump in the quit pool,, and I mean all the way in. You will like where this quit takes you.  You need anything let me know.

One day at a time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it.
Thanks for this encouragement - and something to look forward to. I wanna find that bad ass woman you're talking to me about. Feet first, head first, I am all in this quit pool Â…and you are gonna keep me here I know - thanks for that.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 09:37:00 AM »

Offline cactusem

• Quitter
  • Plant Based
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Quitting is really simple.

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

You are in for one nasty fight but you have the tools here to make it.

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.
Well now that we know you are a woman, that changes my response.

Please change "Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine."

To husband , bitch and him...lol...

Everything else still holds true.

Most of us get the healthy but dip part. There are a lot of athletes on this forum.
Ha Ha, ParadigmDawg, I had already made those changes to gender. It was the action that matteredÂ…not to whom it was directed.

I like that you related the healthy  dipping to athletes. That makes a lot of sense. So maybe I wasn't aloneÂ…but it is (was) still a pretty dumb way of thinking.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
In time you will be surprised how much you don't know about yourself. You may know the addicted you, but this journey leads to a new you. You have forgotten all about the real cactusem. The person you are now has been addicted to one of the most addictive drugs known to man. 1 was to many and 1000 was never enough. You spent 1000's of dollars on something that did absolutely nothing for you but take. You loved the poison more than anything, including your family and self. You believed lies and was lead around by a chain.

The real cactusem will surprise you. She is one bad lady. She doesn't need the poison, never did! You will discover there is so much you have missed because of this nasty addiction. Clear your mind of all that you think you know. Jump in the quit pool,, and I mean all the way in. You will like where this quit takes you. You need anything let me know.

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.
Well now that we know you are a woman, that changes my response.

Please change "Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine."

To husband , bitch and him...lol...

Everything else still holds true.

Most of us get the healthy but dip part. There are a lot of athletes on this forum.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline cactusem

• Quitter
  • Plant Based
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
Not lost any more and have begun to connect. Thanks to horseman and CBird65 for personal messages and those who have responded here on the forum so far.

A little about me. I am a woman, 68 years old and used skoal straight for 25 years. Before that I dabbled with leaf tobacco off and on and smoked camel no-filters for too many years. Quit all tobacco - dip, leaf, cigarettes - back in the late 80s around 1987. By late 1988 I was back on dip and have been ever since until yesterday - 1-18-14 - my quit day.

I didn't go cold turkey. I know myself better than that. I know I am addicted so instead I plotted this quit out over a week or more. First I dug out some very old fake chew that I had in the fridge for several years. It was way old but a few drops of water brought it back to lifeÂ…at least enough to get me started toward my quit.

I started doing nicotine-chew only AM-Noon-PM and fake chew all times in between for a couple days. Then I made the Noon dip a mix of fake  real for a day or so. Then I made the PM dip a mix and cut out the Noon mix. Finally I made the AM a mix and all others fake chew. After two days of AM mix as my only nicotine I quit.

This weaning process has worked pretty good for me and is helping me with the physical nicotine addiction part. I am making no effort to break the oral-fixation (need to have something in my mouth, need to spit, etc) part right now. I am using the heck out of this fake chew - trying different brands, flavors, mixing it up.

I credit stumbling on this site - Kill the Can - with me finally resolving to quit. I lurked around this site for days. I read all the stuff. I discovered the many alternatives to nicotine-chew and read the reviews. I liked the posting roll for accountability. I liked the support and no nonsense.

Here is a stupid thing about me. Over a year ago I started eating a plant-based whole food diet and getting structured exercise. Did all this for my health, of courseÂ…so I could live a longer healthier lifeÂ…yet I figured I could still use dip tobacco. That's dumb! Do everything to be healthy but continue to poison and kill yourself daily with dip. That's how we fool ourselves because we are addicts.

It has been a long time coming. Not any more! QLF EDD - Day 2 of the rest of my life!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
Welcome Cactus- get on the site here and read all you can. Reach out and make friends who will support you- in your quit class and from more seasoned vets as well. Post a little more about yourself when you feel like it so others can reach out to you if you have things in common (which we all do, our stories about the addiction are so similar at least). You will find all you need for success here if you just follow the well worn path to success so many have forged here.

For now, do whatever it takes to get through this day by day with your roll post, but also even hour by hour or minute by minute- the nicotine is gone after 72 hours.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Buy into the QLF.
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »

I quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!