Author Topic: Quitting after 4 years!  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting after 4 years!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Bean
Here, let me show Gaiden how it is done.  HEY WT,  YOU'RE A DICK FACE!!!

Hmmm...well, I stand corrected.  It does feel good to call him a dick face.  Fantastic, in fact. 

So, what did we just learn here?  We learned a new coping mechanism.  Seeds, atomic fireballs, fake stuff, tooth picks and calling WT a dick face.

Now, if you will excuse me, I must apologize to WT for the whole "dick face" thing.  Sorry, WT!!!  I'm proud to be quit with you today.  You truly are a bad-ass quitter.  I only hope you consider me worthy of your respect.
Apology excepted bean
'crackup'

Wt just got Bruce'd!!

And buddy we coddle balls here, quitting ain't easy. You received good advice here, the rest is your DECISION brother
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
Here, let me show Gaiden how it is done. HEY WT, YOU'RE A DICK FACE!!!

Hmmm...well, I stand corrected. It does feel good to call him a dick face. Fantastic, in fact.

So, what did we just learn here? We learned a new coping mechanism. Seeds, atomic fireballs, fake stuff, tooth picks and calling WT a dick face.

Now, if you will excuse me, I must apologize to WT for the whole "dick face" thing. Sorry, WT!!! I'm proud to be quit with you today. You truly are a bad-ass quitter. I only hope you consider me worthy of your respect.
Apology excepted bean
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »

Hmmm...well, I stand corrected. It does feel good to call him a dick face. Fantastic, in fact.

So, what did we just learn here? We learned a new coping mechanism. Seeds, atomic fireballs, fake stuff, tooth picks and calling WT a dick face.

Now, if you will excuse me, I must apologize to WT for the whole "dick face" thing. Sorry, WT!!! I'm proud to be quit with you today. You truly are a bad-ass quitter. I only hope you consider me worthy of your respect.
Dick face! Dick face! I don't give a shit what you call as long as you but up and prove that you're a man and quit!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »
Quote from: GaidenFocus
Quote from: Wedgie
Hey guys, I'm quitting.  Been dipping for 4 years, honestly I really enjoy dipping, i just don't like feeling like I HAVE to dip.  It's day two so hopefully I can stick with it.  'zombie'
On this site, we don't use words like hope and wish when it comes to quitting. We simply make it happen through sheer will and determination. The tools are here, it's up to you to learn how to use them to make yourself into a solid quitter. Takes guts and determination. You have that?

Read the Welcome Center. Tells you how and why this site works.

Next, you need to learn how to post roll, which is the backbone of how this site works. It is your daily promise to stay nicotine free for the day. We quit one day at a time here. Click here to watch a quick video on how to post roll.

Lastly, you will be in the October 2012 quit group. Once you've learned the how and the why, and I have shown you where, go post roll.
If you think you really like dipping, go ahead and do it for another 35 yrs. like me! You don't really like it or you wouldn't be here! Until you are commited you will not quit I can promise you that, so make up your mind.
Why would I dip for 35 more years when I am trying to quit? That is a terrible thing to say to somebody. Thanks for the non-support dick face. The rest of you I am not 100% sure what you are talking about but thanks for the support!
Gaiden, follow the link Wedgie provided and read the Welcome Center info. Then you will know what we are talking about. Wedgie laid it out for you pretty well, but you need to read what he has provided.
On this site we don't try to quit, we do quit. Major difference. The most important thing you need to do is post roll each morning. That is your promise to not chew that day. You are declaring your accountability to yourself and your quit brothers and sisters.
WT really isn't a dickface, he just isn't very attractive :lol:
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
Gaiden,

HOLD ON!!! Listen to Wedgie. Click on the pink "Welcome Center" link on the toolbar above and start reading. Read all you can. Read how to post roll and what it means.

I think you may have gotten you off on the wrong foot with that milktoast intro of yours. That's not your fault...you didn't know. But now you do. This site is for folks who give their word each day that come hell or high water, they aren't going to have anything to do with nicotine today. And we're damned serious about it too. Your reminiscing about how you enjoy dipping is like teasing fat kid with a Twinkie. Pardon the fuck out of us if we don't give a shit about how much you liked dipping!

What we want to hear is that you're quit. Not stopping for a couple of days, wishing you didn't feel like you have to dip, etc. But really fucking honest to God, snot-slinging pissed and, above all else, done with fucking nicotine right now. Because that is the attitude of someone who is prepared to get in the ring and go toe to toe with the Nic Bitch. That is the attitude of a bad-ass quitter.

It doesn't matter how long you dipped or how much. We're addicts...plain and simple. But here's the good news...YOU CAN LIVE NIC FREE. And we're here to support you and make that possible. The day you quit was Day 1. So today is Day 3. Post it today.

You're in the fog deep right now. I can tell. Rage is a symptom, which is probably why you called WT57 a "dickface" instead of listening to what he was telling you. Go ahead and re-read his post carefully. You'll see that he was really telling you that he wished he had your foresight to quit after only 4 years instead of going on 35 years before joining this site. (at least I think that is what he was saying?). But that is what this site is for. Share your experience, feelings, rage...whatever. Just don't come on here telling us about how much you enjoyed poisoning your own dumb-ass. Welcome to the site, brother!!! Post up, stay quit and live free!

Offline GaidenFocus

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »
Hey guys, I'm quitting.  Been dipping for 4 years, honestly I really enjoy dipping, i just don't like feeling like I HAVE to dip.  It's day two so hopefully I can stick with it.  'zombie'
On this site, we don't use words like hope and wish when it comes to quitting. We simply make it happen through sheer will and determination. The tools are here, it's up to you to learn how to use them to make yourself into a solid quitter. Takes guts and determination. You have that?

Next, you need to learn how to post roll, which is the backbone of how this site works. It is your daily promise to stay nicotine free for the day. We quit one day at a time here. Click here to watch a quick video on how to post roll.

Lastly, you will be in the October 2012 quit group. Once you've learned the how and the why, and I have shown you where, go post roll.
If you think you really like dipping, go ahead and do it for another 35 yrs. like me! You don't really like it or you wouldn't be here! Until you are commited you will not quit I can promise you that, so make up your mind.
Why would I dip for 35 more years when I am trying to quit? That is a terrible thing to say to somebody. Thanks for the non-support dick face. The rest of you I am not 100% sure what you are talking about but thanks for the support!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »

Welcome to your freedom Gaiden! Freedom from nicotine!
Wedgie gave you all the useful info you need. Go post roll each day, read, learn and support others. Your quit doesn't need luck or hope, like Wedgie said will power and peer support will make it happen for you.
PM me if I can help you. Way to be a quitter!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
Hey guys, I'm quitting. Been dipping for 4 years, honestly I really enjoy dipping, i just don't like feeling like I HAVE to dip. It's day two so hopefully I can stick with it. 'zombie'

Offline GaidenFocus

Quitting after 4 years!
« on: July 06, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
Hey guys, I'm quitting. Been dipping for 4 years, honestly I really enjoy dipping, i just don't like feeling like I HAVE to dip. It's day two so hopefully I can stick with it. 'zombie'