Author Topic: On Day 3 and it's rough!!  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: On Day 3 and it's rough!!
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 11:12:00 PM »
Quote from: BrandtL
2nd, I was a shitty quit brother. I posted the bare minimum, I wasn't that involved. I'm working on making up for that now.
First off BROTHER congrats on hitting day 129. Secondly you were not a shitty quit brother and yeah that is coming from one of your very own Duck Fip brothers. Yes you did the minimum, but you continued to do it too. Look at our list for 200, then look at the amount of us still here. We are brothers in quit and no one but ourselves can take that away.

I am so damn proud of you and yes we have noticed you lately and glad to have you with us. Very inspiring words you just dropped here, now that kind of shit is paying it forward.

Newbies look at this lesson and this quitter long before you start making your list of excuses, because I will point to this kind of stuff and say "fuck you pussy, life happens if you quit or not"

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline BrandtL

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 10:14:00 PM »
I've finally had some time to post an update to my intro. I'm 129 days in now and I'm so excited with the progress I've made to this point. Ive signed on to post for 200 days, but I don't really plan to stop posting ever.

A little about my quit journey this far. For whatever reason I decided to quit during one of the most stressful times of my life. I'm a partner in my company, so I never get to just leave work at work. It's my ass if deadlines aren't reached or production is low. Believe me, managing 35 employees can be interesting to say the least. And about a third of the people i work the closest with chew, so I'm around it constantly. I quit on July 22nd. Mid July to mid November is the busiest time of the year for us. During those months, I typically work around 65 hours per week. On August 2nd my second child was born a little girl. In October, my grandmother died. On top of that you add the day to day bullshit - house repairs, sick kids, the daily grind. There were many times I didn't know if I would last. But I haven't caved. And I never used and lied - which I find disgusting by the way. These are the things that make me the proudest.

The reason that I'm writing this is trifold. 1, no matter what kind of bullshit is going on you have to remember that it's just for today. Get through today, you get to post roll again tomorrow, and then it's just for today again. Pretty soon all those just for todays start to stack up. One day at a time. It's the most important part.

2nd, I was a shitty quit brother. I posted the bare minimum, I wasn't that involved. I'm working on making up for that now. I want to apologize to everyone that posted on here or messaged me when I hit the HOF. I should have been more gracious and reached out. All I can do now is try harder in the future.

Last but not least, using the excuse that stress made you cave is bullshit. You caved because you wanted to. You caved because it was easier than digging deep and not caving. And I'm not trying to be a martyr here. There are plenty of people on here that are going through some rough shit but are not caving. Things that make my first 100 days look like the easy path. So if you cave it's because you are a pussy and you wanted to. Don't cave. It's just for today. It's really that simple.

I just want to end this little soliloquy by saying thanks. Thanks to everyone that's been there for me to lean on the last 129 days.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
Brandt congrats brutha! Keep it rolling!

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Well done! Welcome to the HOF

Offline Picker.of.Strings

• Quitter
  • Interests: Guitar.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Quote from: gorilla1
Congrats on the HOF brother!
CONGRATS
Dirty tone - 6 wide, 22 deep

Quit Date: 17 October 2013

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
Congrats on the HOF brother!

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Welcome to the HOF!!!

Now we turn North to pick up BrandtL that had the following to say for himself:

My name is Brandt. I am married with two kids, a son who is 4 and a 3 month old daughter. I live in Rock Springs which is in the high desert country of Southwest Wyoming. I am a civil engineer and I'm a partner in an engineering consulting and surveying firm. I started smoking when I was 18. I started chewing when I was 24 to quit smoking, because I'm smart like that. Over the last 11 years I have moved through the various incarnations of Skoal Long Cut, but I'm really just ecstatic to be done with all of them. Currently I drive two vehicles, my rockin' 96 Contour that shuttles me to and from work and a 2012 F350 Powerstroke used for everything else. My hobbies include hunting, fishing, camping, and helping my Old Man on the ranch. I'm going to bring a bag of cracked pepper sunflower seeds to share with everyone on the train. As for inappropriate behavior, past and present, this forum is too limited to go through it all. I have a friend who is 84 and finally drew a coveted limited quota mule deer tag for the Little Mountain area, so to celebrate making the HOF I will be taking him out to hopefully shoot a monster. I will be posting for at least 200 days. I would also like to thank FI for helping me early on with posting and making sure I was staying quit when I couldn't post.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
Yes sir yes sir I know the day thats the day I found this place was DAY 3. I can remember how awful I felt on that day. Read my thread lost mean nasty grouchy came here and the brothers helped me out along the way. Today is a very special day for me its 100. I know it seems wierd I was just reading back over my thread today, but you are being offered numbers and to call total strangers do it man your wont regret it.

check your inbox you will have another number waiting for you.
T
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »
Hey BrandtL. Chech the top right hand area of your screen and you will see your inbox. Open this and you will find my telephone number that I just sent you. Call me and I will answer any questions you have provided I know the answers. If I don't know the answers, we sure as hell will find the answers together. The point is to call so we can get your quit plan outlined and get you on the road to freedom without doing any damage to your relationships. And pay attention to what all these guys have said in their responses, as they are bad ass quitters that have kicked nicotine to the curb and are here to help all our KTC brothers, both new and old. Give me a call.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline ross8yrs

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
Quit for yourself and loved ones will benefit.

One day, sometimes one min at a time.

You can do this, we are all behind you.
One day, sometimes one hour at a time.

NEVER give in

Quit Date: 6-21-2013

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
I have to stay quit because my wife is about to give birth to our second kid any day.
No, son, you need to quit for you and you alone. If you think for a second that you wouldn't lie to, or steal time and money from, your wife and soon to be child in order to feed your addiction, you know nothing of addiciton.

Post roll every day, keep your word, repeat tomorrow. Soon enough the days will start to pile up and then those around you will start to benefit from you quitting for you.

Stick close to the site and read all you can, especially when craves hit. We were all in your situation and we all fight one day at a time.

Holler at me if you need anything.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
Quote from: BrandtL
I took my last dip Sunday night (7/21/13). I've been about the most horrible person you can imagine to be around since I got up Monday morning. I was really close to buying a can last night. I thought maybe this group could help me, I've checked out the website before. I have to stay quit because my wife is about to give birth to our second kid any day.
BrandtL, you came to the right place to get help. Congrates on making it this far. One more day and the physical withdrawl will be over! I can imagine exactly how miserable you are as I was there myself 55 days ago. First thing you need to do is go to the KTC welcome center and read up. Learn how to post roll and do it. You will be in the october quit group. All the advice you need and more is here, but you need to study. This is not easy, but it is possible. Drink lots of water. Get some seeds, gum, hard candy, and fake dip to keep your mouth busy. Read everything on the KTC mainpage first as it will give you the most straightforward advice and knowledge, but read everything on the forum too. You must want to quit for yourself or it will not work! Send me a personal message if you need anything.

Offline BrandtL

• Quitter
On Day 3 and it's rough!!
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
I took my last dip Sunday night (7/21/13). I've been about the most horrible person you can imagine to be around since I got up Monday morning. I was really close to buying a can last night. I thought maybe this group could help me, I've checked out the website before. I have to stay quit because my wife is about to give birth to our second kid any day.