Author Topic: jabr Introduction  (Read 2381 times)

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: jabr Introduction
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 05:59:00 AM »
Congratulations on your first of many trips around the sun bro. Keep up the good quit and rock on.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 06:21:00 AM »
I'm just glad you're an SCQer and in my quit corner. Quit on Jabr and Go Hogs.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 03:29:00 PM »
Nice post!!! 300 is solid, proud to quit with you brother

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 11:22:00 PM »
Quote from: paulx1
Quote from: jabr
You know, I really didn't think about my ex wife or that marathon divorce when I quit dipping last summer. I was focused more on managing my job responsibilities, and that's what put the quit in motion.

But, as I've thought about it, I know I would've never quit if she hadn't left. There was a time in 2011 when I lost 20 lb in 2 weeks. I went 96 hours straight one time without sleeping. And, of course, I had a dip in most of that time.

During all that, I don't ever remember thinking or saying "I hope this shit kills me so I can have some relief". But I do remember thinking, "damn son, you've got to slow down on the snuff" and then thinking "screw it, I don't care if it kills me or not".

Those were some dark times. It was hard to keep perspective on things when it seems like everything you did turned to shit.

That's part of how I quit dip. Last summer was real stressful because we wereshorthanded. I felt like I was living on coffee and Copenhagen and finally said, "no job is worth killing yourself for and that shit is killing you". I put the can down one morning and here I am.
Man, how did I miss this one from Jabr. This s is says it perfect. Don't forget the beers at home to come down from the Copenhagen and coffee-one thing leads to another. Then, just being a general dick to the people who cared most because I was disappointed with myself. Good to see I'm not alone!

Congrats on 300 days - keep it going.
congrats on 300 bro! Awesome to watch you own this. Proud to be quit with you.

Offline paulx1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-20
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 11:18:00 PM »
You know, I really didn't think about my ex wife or that marathon divorce when I quit dipping last summer. I was focused more on managing my job responsibilities, and that's what put the quit in motion.

But, as I've thought about it, I know I would've never quit if she hadn't left. There was a time in 2011 when I lost 20 lb in 2 weeks. I went 96 hours straight one time without sleeping. And, of course, I had a dip in most of that time.

During all that, I don't ever remember thinking or saying "I hope this shit kills me so I can have some relief". But I do remember thinking, "damn son, you've got to slow down on the snuff" and then thinking "screw it, I don't care if it kills me or not".

Those were some dark times. It was hard to keep perspective on things when it seems like everything you did turned to shit.

That's part of how I quit dip. Last summer was real stressful because we wereshorthanded. I felt like I was living on coffee and Copenhagen and finally said, "no job is worth killing yourself for and that shit is killing you". I put the can down one morning and here I am.
Man, how did I miss this one from Jabr. This s is says it perfect. Don't forget the beers at home to come down from the Copenhagen and coffee-one thing leads to another. Then, just being a general dick to the people who cared most because I was disappointed with myself. Good to see I'm not alone!

Congrats on 300 days - keep it going.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 10:51:00 PM »
Quote from: trigerhapy
300 days brother! Congratulations on 3rd floor!
Congrats Brother. 300 is BA.
I believe.....

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 09:15:00 PM »
300 days brother! Congratulations on 3rd floor!

Offline jabr

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Agriculture, NCAAFB, Arkansas Razorbacks, STL Cardinals
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »

Offline jabr

• Quit Pro
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 03:02:00 PM »
Just dropping this here so I'll have it.
My buddy woodytx asked me to post this in May. It's a text exchange between me and him from this weekend.

woodytx: We lost a member yesterday, went on a boy's trip of the worst kind which I have said from day 1 is a bad idea for new quitters. Now MIA

jabr: Damn, I was gonna ask you about that before I saw your text. I saw you got after him pretty hard. As you should. So he really dangled a wad of leaf tobacco over his mouth and some "fell" in?

woodytx: Yeah I could be wrong but it sounds like when my 7 yo lies to me, kind of obvious. Particularly after hiding out on a ski trip. Odds are he is buried in a bag of red man.

jabr: He was destined to fail. That shit is so addictive, quitting has to be your absolute top priority early on. At day 200, there are still some situations I'll avoid if I can get away with it. Just to lessen the danger.

jabr: (I know a dude) who has quit 5+ times since I quit. "Had a bad day", "went hunting", "was bored". Says he's not addicted. Dude is one of the smartest humans I know. But not on this one.

woodytx: (I canceled a trip) this month and another in May because I know that I cannot handle it.

jabr: Good for you. It doesn't make you a wuss. It means you're serious about quitting and you're mindful of triggers that might hurt your quit.

woodytx: Everywhere I saw that phrase "make quit your top priority" so I said okay, if that's what it takes then that's what we are doing

jabr: One more, then I'll leave your Sunday in peace. The bottom line is this takes a tremendous effort. One reason I feel so indebted to KTC is I never realized stuff like that. There's so many things that are just obvious now that I never knew. Then it just clicks. And I get to do it with guys like you and tons of others that are serious too.

What's more important to you? Having fun for a few hours this weekend and caving and having to post up a day 1? Or skipping a trip here and there, staying quit, and living another 30 years?

It cannot be understated that your quit has to be top priority. It's that damn hard. And it's that damn important. And when you get to that day when you say, "whew, that was rough, but I think I can relax a little", you have reached the point where you better redouble your effort on quitting. Quitting may not require top billing in your life forever. But it may. That will vary among people.

If you get complacent, it's like the FCS team that's up a field goal on [insert your favorite regional power school because I'm not opening that can of worms] at halftime. They're jumping around, chest thumping, joyous at their performance in the first half. Then what happens? Big boys come out after halftime and the FCS team loses by 30. You've got to finish the game. Nicotine is just waiting for you to let up a little. She'll beat your ass in the ground before you even realize what hit you, and you'll wonder how the hell it happened.

Quit on, May.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 01:36:00 AM »
I really want to get some of this information recorded so I don't forget the early days. This post will serve as an updated Introduction.

Most everyone had stopped dipping before. I was no different. But this time, I probably hadn't seriously considered quitting until I actually quit. I found KTC at day 25. I had just spent a weekend at a football game with a good friend who was/is a hardcore dipper. By the time we'd driven home on Sunday, I was going out of my mind and was ready to punch my buddy. I was looking for any type of relief. I found KTC when I needed it most. I have this username I don't like because I just threw a profile together really quickly to join and get full access to the site. I posted day 25 on that Sunday night. I didn't come back until Wednesday. At that point, I started reading some more on the site, so I posted day 28, and I've been 100% ever since.
Join us topic/10877677/
I believe.....

Offline jabr

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 07:07:00 AM »
I really want to get some of this information recorded so I don't forget the early days. This post will serve as an updated Introduction.

Most everyone had stopped dipping before. I was no different. But this time, I probably hadn't seriously considered quitting until I actually quit. I found KTC at day 25. I had just spent a weekend at a football game with a good friend who was/is a hardcore dipper. By the time we'd driven home on Sunday, I was going out of my mind and was ready to punch my buddy. I was looking for any type of relief. I found KTC when I needed it most. I have this username I don't like because I just threw a profile together really quickly to join and get full access to the site. I posted day 25 on that Sunday night. I didn't come back until Wednesday. At that point, I started reading some more on the site, so I posted day 28, and I've been 100% ever since.

Offline jabr

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
Damn, thanks for all the well wishes. I can't believe trigerhapy dug my Intro out of the pile.

I looked for it one day a few months ago. I really regret not adding to it as my quit progressed. There's so much I've forgotten. I want to try and post something in my Intro more consistently between 200 and 300. Maybe that will jog the memory a little because I definitely do not want to forget where I've bern.

Offline woodytx

• Suckit
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 08:21:00 AM »
Congratulations Jabr. The May 2015 Misfits appreciate the time you take to support us in our quits.

Offline Bignate76

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 07:17:00 AM »
Nice 200 man! 'oh yeah'

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 12:30:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: trigerhapy
2nd floor, congratulations!
Bad ass April Ape support.
Dude... Congrats on the two hundy!
Quit with you EDD ODAAT.
Congrats on finding the key to the 2nd floor! Keep on quitting.
200!! Well done sir! Proud to quit with you!