Author Topic: Nuttidoxie intro  (Read 1746 times)

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nuttidoxie intro
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 06:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Nuttidoxieg4
I really need to figure out how together updates from my posts. First of all, thank you all for your opinions, they are valid if not off based. Second, judge me all you want for there is only one person that is truly allowed to judge me, and no I don't see his post. If you feel I am a waste of your time, so be it, your not the first to misjudge me and won't be the last. I quit on October 6th. Through the flood I just went through, up all night pumping water out of my house, digging a new drainage ditch, yeah if that didn't break me I am not sure what will. Life sucked for the first three days but I made it.
Nuttie. Understand this- Nobody is judging you. Folks just think that your attitude is not one which is likely to stay quit.
You must know we are right. You actually got to have your attitude, and see how it ended... you didn't stay quit.
The way I see it, that leaves you with 2 choices. Change your attitude to get in line with the one that will keep you quit, or keep the same one and end up caving again.

I hope you really dive in and spend some time on this site. You have the toughness to be a bad-ass quitter, but I think it is a little misdirected right now.

Offline Punkin

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
I really need to figure out how together updates from my posts. First of all, thank you all for your opinions, they are valid if not off based. Second, judge me all you want for there is only one person that is truly allowed to judge me, and no I don't see his post. If you feel I am a waste of your time, so be it, your not the first to misjudge me and won't be the last. I quit on October 6th. Through the flood I just went through, up all night pumping water out of my house, digging a new drainage ditch, yeah if that didn't break me I am not sure what will. Life sucked for the first three days but I made it.
Sorry for your troubles. My wife broke her ankle this morning and I was in the ER with her and 2 kids and I managed to post roll.

I'm not trying to get in a pissing match but there is a lot of people in our quit group who were concerned about what was up. If you don't have my number, pm me and I'll gladly give it out. That way, if you can't post roll, call me or text me and I'll gladly post for you.

Congrats on not caving. It's easy to do under high stress. Welcome back
EMBRACE THE SUCK

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Are you gonna quit dipping, or are you gonna slide your tampon in?

Offline Nuttidoxieg4

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
You don't really want to quit.

That's cool. Leave and comeback when you do. We will still be here, ready to help.

Hopefully you don't come back with half a fucking face or your fucking tongue removed.

Grow some fucking balls man. Fuck...
+1

Grow a pair and post quit with us or go away.

This stress relief blah, blah bullshit is just that....bullshit.

The stress is your body going into withdrawal, the relief is you giving it the next nic fix....that's addiction buddy.

You either decide you no longer want to be a slave to the can or don't, it's that simple. I hope you choose freedom.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
You don't really want to quit.

That's cool. Leave and comeback when you do. We will still be here, ready to help.

Hopefully you don't come back with half a fucking face or your fucking tongue removed.

Grow some fucking balls man. Fuck...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
I agree with the others here. Sounds like your attitude hasn't changed. Man, until I got my head right, this was an impossible battle. Nicotine and tobacco were killing us. That is a fact. The folks at big tobacco intentionally tweak the chemical makeup of their products to increase addiction, etc. That makes them murderers and assholes. I'll never give them another dime of my money.

Illustrations of what I mean:
Now it is more of a comfort stress reliever and a crutch.

.....and I fell into old bad habits.
Wrong. You are an addict. All of us are.
Truthfully, I didn't want to quit then, don't really want to quit now but I am sick of it ruling my life, tired of wondering which sore will kill me.
You want to quit. Nicotine has rewired your brain by holding your reward systems (dopamine, adrenaline) hostage.

Make up your mind right now that there is nothing more important in your life than quitting nicotine. It has to be that way. At least for the first few months.

Let me know if I can help.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »
Dave have a good hard long look at yourself  wonder if you really don't want to be quit now. Somehow you managed to find this site, you've been on something similar before so you even know what it's about. You're partway into the 72hrs already. You mention health fears several times, which can only be solved by quitting. I can understand at the start thinking that you don't really want to quit, I thought similar when I started down this road. Examine yourself, learn about yourself though,  ODAAT keep up the quit  you'll be able to modify your thinking.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »
Dave,
You made it to your HOF then caved, I get how that can happen. What I don't understand is how after that you cave and still today make a statement that you don't want to quit yet you don't like knowing which sore will do you in.

I really never wanted to get addicted to nicotine but I did. I really didn't want to change my own oil, complete the wife's honey-do list.

Yet I do because that is life. Yet I have chosen to quit and I have made that decision for myself. I ask you to not waste anyone's time unless you truly want to quit. You do seem to have a reason and will to want to but your words indicate that you don't.

Perhaps my dyslexia has not allowed me to read your message correctly and I do hope I am wrong. So come in here and prove me wrong.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Steve
Truthfully, I didn't want to quit then, don't really want to quit now
Dave, First off you have to change your thinking. That is really weak to come on a quit site and then state that you really don't want to quit. That is what we do here, QUIT one day at a time. Hope you can change your thinking and start kicking your addiction in the ass every damn day with us. Go to January and post roll, there are some fine quitters in there waiting on you.
If you don't really want to quit you won't. Stop wasting our time.
repeating the same steps and expecting different results is insanity...but that is obvious you have to be insane to want to knowingly put poison in your mouth after you have already been educated as to what tobacco is and does. I agree with the rest here don't waste our time come back when YOU want to quit. Til then enjoy your stoppage on your own.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Dave, First off you have to change your thinking. That is really weak to come on a quit site and then state that you really don't want to quit. That is what we do here, QUIT one day at a time. Hope you can change your thinking and start kicking your addiction in the ass every damn day with us. Go to January and post roll, there are some fine quitters in there waiting on you.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you don't really want to quit now, you wont.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Steve Mc.

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-12-21
  • Interests: Golf, fishing, and spending time with my wife and daughter.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
Quit Date: 12/21/2012, HOF: 3/31/2013, FIVE Years 12/21/17
Sobriety Date: 10/10/2000

This sure beats the other alternatives, ODAAT.

Offline Nuttidoxieg4

Nuttidoxie intro
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
Hello all.

First let me start off by saying that sadly this is not my first rodeo. I started chewing in college to help with wrestling and not being able to eat. Chewed at my first job because I had to work third shift. Now it is more of a comfort stress reliever and a crutch. I got sick of checking my mouth for cancer every time something popped up. I quit about 9 years ago. Right before my son was born. I was on a site like this one. Made it 100 days, even gave a HOF speech. Wish I could remember the group. My son was born and he would never sleep except in the car. So 2 in the morning I would be driving around and I fell into old bad habits. Truthfully, I didn't want to quit then, don't really want to quit now but I am sick of it ruling my life, tired of wondering which sore will kill me. I am half way through the 72 hours. While life sucks right now, it is still bearable. Can't wait till the fog goes away.

Thanks
Dave