Author Topic: Introduction Time  (Read 4474 times)

Offline tony

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction Time
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 02:28:00 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes guys. Actually..the half deal seemed to work ok for me..I tried quitting before I cut in half..maybe I just didnt try hard enough but I got these horrible headaches and I caved. I havent gotten any of those headaches yet, I'm really hoping they don't come visit me. But I have aspirin this time if they do.

We used to joke around calling our platoon the smoking platoon because just about every dips or smokes. Not many have quit, alot switched over to those electronic cigs. Hoping maybe I can set some sort of example or be an inspiration to help others quit by staying strong in my own quit. But you know how stubborn people can be..
Quit since 3/25/12

Offline andrew

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:26:00 AM »
I think I said this before, but welcome....it's good to have more servicemembers here, which is where there's a huge community of dippers.

I did the same thing you did, with cutting down the dip to half and then quitting altogether. It made it worse, I wish I would have just stopped cold turkey in the beginning. Lessons....ha!
QUIT 01/03/11
HOF 04/12/11

THIS IS YOUR DAY TO BE QUIT.

Offline Crick

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunt'n, fish'n, and cruis'n on the HD.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
Quote from: tony
Non nicotine users just dont seem to really understand how difficult it really is to stop.
I didn't understand how difficult it was, until I finally committed to the quit. Welcome.
Quit 5/29/10
Die'n aint much of a liv'n.
Destiny is not determined by chance. It is determined by choice.

Offline tony

• Quitter
Introduction Time
« on: January 19, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
Alright so while I was stressin, navigating through the site on day one, I was a retard and missed the introductions section and posted a little intro in the quit group. So, for those of you who haven't met me.. I'm 22, lurked around on the site for abit before I decided it was time to join and sign up on roll.

Started the nicotine addiction when I got out of high school. It was a retarded "lets do x before we graduate" list and thats where it started. First black and milds, to cigarettes, and I smoked those for about two years, off and on abit, sometimes stopping to chew the gum instead. Quit completely for a week or so, shipped off to basic training, and started sneaking dip in AIT, about once a week on pass. And then try to hide it in tree stumps but it usually got stolen. Anyways, came back, dip addiction ramped up to a can a day, every day for about a year and a half. Kinda swapped between dip and cigs depending on the mood but mostly stuck with cope straight or cope wintergreen. Tried quitting cold turkey, lasted 16 hours and caved. Decided to really give it my all instead of a half assed quit, which brings me to now. Before my quit, I cut my dipping down by about half for a few days, then completely stopped, and threw all my cans out the window on a drive home. Been going for about 80 hours nic free, working on day 4. Ive been posting roll. Got a couple cans of the nicotine free fake shit as a backup plan, otherwise Ive been mostly eating and chewing non nicotine gum non stop.

Been doing good with the withdrawl so far. It seems to be harder then when I quit smoking, I'm guessing its because the cope had more nicotine then the smokes did. It appears that I can concentrate now-day 1 and 2 that seemed impossible, I havent been getting headaches anymore either. Just an intense hunger and a dull crave followed by occasional intense craves but Ive been handling it ok without needing the fake stuff.

Good meeting you guys and glad I found a community with other people who like to help and are going through the same issue. Non nicotine users just dont seem to really understand how difficult it really is to stop.
Quit since 3/25/12