Offline jwright

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-01
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2014, 05:50:00 AM »
Quote from: gooch44
Quote from: Done4Me
Gooch - Do you recall getting all in my face on day 3? I love rage. You're killing it and I see you as a long termer. Hope you believe in yourself the way I do. Stay quit bro!
Oh I remember it well. I remember saying to myself, "who the hell is this guy! He doesn't know me and already judging. Well F^K him!" Ha ha, you may not have known me personally, but you've seen the same types of posts from those who have caved and I fit the profile. Well I'm much "calmer" now...well today anyway. Thanks for the message, I appreciate it.
Gooch, good to read your thread man, glad you are staying strong! Stay in touch with your introduction... read it every day, remind yourself how shitty life is in the prison that nicotine had you in.

Keep posting, reach out for help, and quit one day at a time. We are with you!
"Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones."

-Benjamin Franklin

Introduction

HOF Speech

Quit Date: September 1, 2014

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2014, 02:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Gooch - Do you recall getting all in my face on day 3? I love rage. You're killing it and I see you as a long termer. Hope you believe in yourself the way I do. Stay quit bro!
Oh I remember it well. I remember saying to myself, "who the hell is this guy! He doesn't know me and already judging. Well F^K him!" Ha ha, you may not have known me personally, but you've seen the same types of posts from those who have caved and I fit the profile. Well I'm much "calmer" now...well today anyway. Thanks for the message, I appreciate it.
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Raider
Holy shit! I swore I had thrown out all of my tins and got rid of everything. I got home from work tonight and found one in a drawer with some chew left in it. Small panic attack ensued, but I flushed that shit and threw the can away. Small victory to the start of my day 11...posting roll right now!
Nice job. This is quitting in action here. Checking all your stash locations is important. Damn proud to be quit with you today.
Good job right there Gooch! I am coming up on a year this month and this weekend I found a FULL can in one of my old range bags. Had fun doing a Kill The Can dance on it. You are owning your quit! Keep going Brother!

Offline stevesince92

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-12
  • Interests: Baseball, football, spending time with the kids, mountain biking
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Day 11 harder than 10. For whatever reason I kept reaching for my tin at different times of the day when I usually had a chew. It was weird cuz I haven't really done that since the first 2 days. I guess just another way the nic fucks with u and your brain. Either way, I got thru it, had a nic free day and just posted roll for day 12. And I've now got a stache going for Movember for any of u who wanna join me :)
In looking back on my first month or so... That first week or 2 were a bit of a breeze. I think it boiled down to the sheer momentum of the newness of REALLY doing this quit thang, finding this community, and adrenaline. After that wore off... Well, the fact that it was going to take some hard work set in. Breaking habits related to our addiction. Like Brett said... You'll have swings from low to high. It's normal, man. In fact... It's the REAL normal we all needed to relearn about. Nicotine messed up our perspective on it. You're winning each day... That's badass. That's freedom...
Applejack, you nailed it. My first two weeks were a bunch easier than I thought it would be. I think adrenaline was a big part of it but this site has really helped me. I can tell now that the real test is starting. I'm 3 weeks in and have to keep telling myself that I never want to go through another quit. Aquadipper told me he got pretty foggy on days 20-30 so I'm just pushing on thru. I've gotta get this shit whipped. My gums look and feel 100% better 22 days in.
I quit with you guys.
Don't confuse your path with your destination. Just because it's stormy now doesn't mean that you aren't headed for sunshine.

Quit for YOU!! EDD!!

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »
Well I'm over the 2 week hump. Getting easier and easier each day. But for anyone reading this who hasn't quit or who just quit, let me tell you, you will have much more success by using this site. And not just using it, but obsessing over and adhering to the principles. Thank you to all members of KTC for your help so far! I quit with you today!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »
Day 11 harder than 10. For whatever reason I kept reaching for my tin at different times of the day when I usually had a chew. It was weird cuz I haven't really done that since the first 2 days. I guess just another way the nic fucks with u and your brain. Either way, I got thru it, had a nic free day and just posted roll for day 12. And I've now got a stache going for Movember for any of u who wanna join me :)
In looking back on my first month or so... That first week or 2 were a bit of a breeze. I think it boiled down to the sheer momentum of the newness of REALLY doing this quit thang, finding this community, and adrenaline. After that wore off... Well, the fact that it was going to take some hard work set in. Breaking habits related to our addiction. Like Brett said... You'll have swings from low to high. It's normal, man. In fact... It's the REAL normal we all needed to relearn about. Nicotine messed up our perspective on it. You're winning each day... That's badass. That's freedom...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
Keep it going. It is a random roller coaster. You'll make it. Each new challenge is another crave beat down. Another victory. You have to reprogram your brain, and it takes time. Right now, you're teaching it that it can't get what it wants-- that you're no longer giving in. I had a long foggy period, and it helped to know that others did too. You're doing a good job at this, just keep building your quit defenses, strategies, and victories.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2014, 03:42:00 AM »

Offline Danno30

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
Gooch, I read threw your introduction. Thanks for reaching out in the PM. Let's do this.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2014, 07:54:00 AM »
Holy shit! I swore I had thrown out all of my tins and got rid of everything. I got home from work tonight and found one in a drawer with some chew left in it. Small panic attack ensued, but I flushed that shit and threw the can away. Small victory to the start of my day 11...posting roll right now!
Nice job. This is quitting in action here. Checking all your stash locations is important. Damn proud to be quit with you today.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2014, 02:40:00 AM »

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2014, 08:09:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
So "Movember" is coming up and I've never participated with growing a stache in order to raise awareness of men's health issues. But this year I'm going to. Although I'm only doing it to raise awareness of the nasty effects of chewing tobacco. Any time someone asks why I'm growing that fur on my upper lip, I'm going to tell them why and why it was so fucken stupid of me to do for over 20 years. This is my pledge to the group. Anyone who wants to join me, I would love it! Hope all is well with my Jan group. Keep up the good fight!
I see you jumping all in and OWNING this.

Does my heart good. Quit is beautiful. It's painful but... The pain makes it even more awesome when I see a new guy OWN his quit.

Rock on m'man...
That Gooch is a bad ass quitter! Hell yeah!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »
So "Movember" is coming up and I've never participated with growing a stache in order to raise awareness of men's health issues. But this year I'm going to. Although I'm only doing it to raise awareness of the nasty effects of chewing tobacco. Any time someone asks why I'm growing that fur on my upper lip, I'm going to tell them why and why it was so fucken stupid of me to do for over 20 years. This is my pledge to the group. Anyone who wants to join me, I would love it! Hope all is well with my Jan group. Keep up the good fight!
I see you jumping all in and OWNING this.

Does my heart good. Quit is beautiful. It's painful but... The pain makes it even more awesome when I see a new guy OWN his quit.

Rock on m'man...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »