Author Topic: Intro  (Read 5673 times)

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »
Quote from: gooch44
Another member with same days quit with me caved last night. Frustrating to hear. As expected to day was better for me. Staying busy helps!
That is frustrating but remember to keep in mind that this quit is about you first. The poor bastard that caved refused to take ahold of their addition. You have a understanding of how your addiction affects you and you are doing what it takes to stay quit. Keep that in mind and keep being a badass. ODAAT

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Another member with same days quit with me caved last night. Frustrating to hear. As expected to day was better for me. Staying busy helps!
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline txtaco1

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »
I'ma quit with you today Gooch. Quit hard like a mofo!

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2014, 01:07:00 PM »
I know it's gonna be a grind just hard to ride this damn roller coaster all the time. I have a very busy day today so that should help. And Grizz, Shawshank is one of my top 5 movies so when u said that, I cracked a big smile. Thanks.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Worst night of sleep I've had in years. Lots of vivid dreams about chewing and other crap as well. Got on this site in middle of the night and was reading articles posted about cancer and now I'm just kinda depressed. Thinking how that could already be me but it hasn't shown up yet. Shitty day so far. But I posted roll and promise not to cave today.
Did you see Shawshank Redemption? Remember when Andy crawls through the pipe? You'll be fine. Keep at it.
Embrace the fact that your going to feel shitty until you don't. You can endure anything as long as you know it is temporary, this shit is temporary. I promise, keep grinding.

The sleep, headaches, depression, fear, shame, regret etc are all normal your on the right track, just keep putting one foot in front of the other- you got this.

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
Worst night of sleep I've had in years. Lots of vivid dreams about chewing and other crap as well. Got on this site in middle of the night and was reading articles posted about cancer and now I'm just kinda depressed. Thinking how that could already be me but it hasn't shown up yet. Shitty day so far. But I posted roll and promise not to cave today.
Did you see Shawshank Redemption? Remember when Andy crawls through the pipe? You'll be fine. Keep at it.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Not sure why day 8 was harder than day 1 or 2 but it was. It was a long ass day but I'm still standing. If it wasn't for this site and the people on it, I would have caved by now...I know it.
Sounds familiar to me. If you read some of the intros of other quitters on the site, you will eventually find pieces of your own story all over. It's amazing how this danged addiction has so many tricks. Keep it up Gooch you're building a good quit!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2014, 12:40:00 AM »
Not sure why day 8 was harder than day 1 or 2 but it was. It was a long ass day but I'm still standing. If it wasn't for this site and the people on it, I would have caved by now...I know it.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
Quote from: stevesince92
Quote from: Done4Me
Day 8 ended up being VERY hard. Craved hard all damn day. A huge thank you to Raider for talking me off the ledge. Doing much better now.
Gooch, I believe in you. Believe in yourself and power through this. It gets better.
Done4 is right. It does get better. Keep it up. I'll quit with you tomorrow.
Just glad I was there when you made contact. You done good!!!

Offline stevesince92

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-12
  • Interests: Baseball, football, spending time with the kids, mountain biking
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Day 8 ended up being VERY hard. Craved hard all damn day. A huge thank you to Raider for talking me off the ledge. Doing much better now.
Gooch, I believe in you. Believe in yourself and power through this. It gets better.
Done4 is right. It does get better. Keep it up. I'll quit with you tomorrow.
Don't confuse your path with your destination. Just because it's stormy now doesn't mean that you aren't headed for sunshine.

Quit for YOU!! EDD!!

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
Came back from an unexpected trip to see this, and it made my weekend. Kill it Gooch, kill the bitch dead.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »
You are getting some great advice here. Keep learning all you can to fight the addiction. And keep making new friends here to help you and to kick your ya know if you need that. Nice job logging what you go thru! Love it!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!