Author Topic: Intro  (Read 5676 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Intro
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Gooch, check your inbox. I'm sure there are numbers waiting there for you. Build a network of numbers. That way you are close to help all the time. Its part of the formula of success.
Brotherhood (making friends) + Accountability (Posting Roll) = Success (Freedom from Nicotine)
Gooch, did you make it through last night?
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Gooch, check your inbox. I'm sure there are numbers waiting there for you. Build a network of numbers. That way you are close to help all the time. Its part of the formula of success.
Brotherhood (making friends) + Accountability (Posting Roll) = Success (Freedom from Nicotine)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
Quote from: gooch44
No one helping me!!! Fuck u all!! I'll be strong by myself. This is proof we don't need fucken support groups. We have all become a bunch of pussies!!
Do you have anyone's phone number? Did you use LIVE chat? Cindy had a good solution as well. For someone who doesn't like drama you are kinda close to starting some yourself - which is fine, rage on here.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 07:39:00 AM »
No one helping me!!! Fuck u all!! I'll be strong by myself. This is proof we don't need fucken support groups. We have all become a bunch of pussies!!
You're damn right you'll be strong Gooch but you are wrong, we DO need support. And yes we were all pussy's when we allowed nicotine to CONTROL us. Your are not a pussy anymore Gooch because you're fighting this bitch. Your rage that you were feeling, that is the poison inside of you fighting to stay. That shit wants to be fed but you're not going to feed it Gooch. You are and will do anything to crush that poison, you'll get through this. You do whatever you have to do, within reason and legally, to fight this disgusting bitch. Do you have a heavy bag that you can beat until you can't lift your arms up anymore? Do you have some weights that you can lift? What about some running shoes to put on and go for a run?

Right now Gooch you can't understand or feel the happiness that the life of being nicotine free is. It is a feeling that you haven't felt in how long? 22? 23 years? Someday soon you'll walk or drive by a convenient store and you will notice that sign advertising that poison in the front window and you'll just smile and laugh. You might see some young punk with a lip full of shit in his lip and you'll just laugh. You might see some old timer with a cheek full of side chaw in and you'll just laugh. You might see some dumbass with that ring in his back pocket, guess what, you'll laugh. You might be standing close to someone that ALLOWS nicotine to control their life, you might see them putting that shit into their lip. Good chances are if you smell it you won't want to laugh, chances are you'll want to puke because you realize how very disgusting it is.

You got this Gooch. You are an addict, you will be an addict until the day that you die. You can and you will control this addiction, you will not allow it TO CONTROL YOU anymore.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 03:38:00 AM »
Quote from: Cindy
I was reading your intro from the beginning and just saw this part. Don't listen to the bitch. Fight your way through the fog and when you have a bad crave know that it's your body rewiring itself and that YOU are making this happen. Even though it sucks. You're in charge. You choose to be miserable right now so that in the future you will be free from the poison
Also in case of emergencies, in the "Quit Groups" section, 4 or 5 topics down in an Emergency cave prevention thread. When you need someone urgently post there. There are members who will be notified that you posted there and can help you
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 03:34:00 AM »
I was reading your intro from the beginning and just saw this part. Don't listen to the bitch. Fight your way through the fog and when you have a bad crave know that it's your body rewiring itself and that YOU are making this happen. Even though it sucks. You're in charge. You choose to be miserable right now so that in the future you will be free from the poison
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 03:21:00 AM »
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 02:57:00 AM »
I've had a shitty day and am ready to go buy a can!!!!! I need help!!!!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
No particular one (besides the Jake Frawley one). Just seemed like a lot of them I read had drama. Maybe just my perception but I'm not a fan of it. I will read that article though.
Gooch. I have some really bad new for you. Quitting...no matter how, "Manly" you are is Ghey. It's full of drama. You at times will hate it, other times you might rage and fight everyone here. What makes KTC special to me. We all are quitter and we all get the drama, rage, hurt and funks.

This is a place that is safe. It's like wanting to fight the bully but in a controlled environment so no one gets hurt.

I have been close to getting banned myself. Even though I never caved, people here pissed me off! However, when I couldn't justify or explain my hurt, rage or anger. I could come here and be a dick! Why is that valuable? My wife and kids didn't get the full impact of my quit.

This addiction is as serious as heroine. Watch a you tube video of someone fighting a heroin addiction...Yes nicotine is more dangerous because we don't give it the seriousness that it really is. It is very addictive.

To Quit...Gooch you are going to go to hell and back.

Get used to the Drama. Quitting nicotine is drama. In your real world, be tough and be you. Here, there is no shame in being real. This is where you come to relieve the pressure. "Drama as most call it." If you blew a gasket on the outside world to family and friends...they probably would hurt your quit by saying, "You were nicer when you chewed."

That is not true!!!!! You will be a man of integrity, loyalty and loved by your friends and family. KEEP THE DRAMA HERE AND VENT! Drama on the site isn't a bad thing. We just need to call out bullshit so the drama isn't fake.

Glad your here and use the site. Its simple and it works. Follow your vets. Vent we need to fight as much as vent. This is a place where fighting and venting...we get it and its safe to not make sense to us....
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »
No particular one (besides the Jake Frawley one). Just seemed like a lot of them I read had drama. Maybe just my perception but I'm not a fan of it. I will read that article though.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
Gooch, every single one of us is fighting for our lives, so yes, some drama can ensue. The best thing to remember is once you post roll, you can take or leave whatever you want from the KTC. I quit with you today Gooch.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 05:06:00 AM »
I have to say some of the drama I'm seeing in this site is not really encouraging me to stay here. Good God, grow up. I'm here to quit, not see soap operas. And I will quit, but a lot of the posts I'm seeing are BS!
Any posts in particular? There are a few things that happen on this site that I didn't understand at first either, especially through the fog. I recommend reading Lipizzaner's HoF speech. It is linked in the latest post in my introduction (see signature). It cleared a lot of things up for me, and hopefully might for you as well. Beyond that I can't explain anything if you don't point out any post specifically.
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 04:23:00 AM »
I have to say some of the drama I'm seeing in this site is not really encouraging me to stay here. Good God, grow up. I'm here to quit, not see soap operas. And I will quit, but a lot of the posts I'm seeing are BS!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 01:13:00 AM »
It's pretty helpful to log your experiences in your Intro here. It ends up creating a good record of what you've been through for later, and helps others see what sort of help you might be ready for. Quit hard Gooch!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline stevesince92

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-12
  • Interests: Baseball, football, spending time with the kids, mountain biking
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
Thanks to u all! I appreciate the encouragement. Day 3 was the hardest so far. I felt like punching a hole through the wall. Exercising has helped and I went with another members advice and got some fake chew. It kinda feels like cheating but it helped a lot yesterday.
Hey Gooch. Glad to have you on board. I've dipped about as long as you so I feel what you're going thru. I'm on day 11. It has gotten a little easier but it's still there in the back of my mind all the time. This site will really help you if you use it. I don't post as much as some of these guys but I read a lot. My advice from a guy at day 11 would be to keep your head in the game and be prepared for random craves. Seeds, gum, mints, and toothpicks are my tools. I have fake dip too but I too feel like it's cheating a little. I don't much like the taste of it either. Feel free to PM me if you want and we can exchange #s. Stay strong. You got this!!
Don't confuse your path with your destination. Just because it's stormy now doesn't mean that you aren't headed for sunshine.

Quit for YOU!! EDD!!