Author Topic: Quitting tomorrow  (Read 2018 times)

Offline leafjerky

• Quit Date: 2014-07-01
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting tomorrow
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 04:50:00 AM »
I'm not going to start having cold sweats am I?

Offline leafjerky

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 04:45:00 AM »
So this is what I did. I had half a can left. Finished it in the am, went to walmart and picked up some herbal snuff and it's tough but I am trying.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 01:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: Etxaggie
Quote from: leafjerky
Hey everyone, my name is David. I'm 21 and I'm from Madison, MS. I've been dipping since I was 15, about a can a day. I was at work the other day and stressed as usual so I rubbed my throat and I felt a small bump above my adams apple. I may be overreacting but I don't care. It's a good excuse to give my friend up. I don't know how I'm going to survive. Dip is the only thing that keeps me sane between work and school. I just want to better myself and put this past me. ALL of my friends dip which will make this even harder. Any suggestions? I've tried herbal dip before and sunflower seeds. They work ok, but I am going to miss that early morning dip buzz. It's also gotten to where I don't keep a dip in for more than 5 minutes anyway. I just do it out of habit. Please help me, I need it.
Trust me, dip is not your friend. I used to think that also, but now 181 days w/o nicotine I know that dip was not my friend at all. Nicotine is a bitch that wants my money  she will also take my life if I let her.

Dip doesn't keep you sane. You are a nic addict. We all are. Nicotine creates a void that needs to be filled w/ nic. Funny how that works.....actually it's not funny.....maybe ironic.

I also thought I had a "habit", but after a few days I realized that I am an addict. Understanding our addiction will give you the keys to unlock yourself from the stranglehold of the nic bitch.

PM me if I can help. Get your quit on......NOW!
Exactly. This is the mindset that works. No more excuses.

There are two options: 1. Quit 2. Not Quit
Pick one.

Where's that day 1 post? Get on in here and let's do this thing.

Reach out via PM if I can help you any way.
Son give me something to work with. I don't hear any passion, hatred or desire. You aren't even ready to quit today. If you grow some balls and make up your mind that you want to quit pm me. I'm not holding my breath!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Etxaggie
Hey everyone, my name is David. I'm 21 and I'm from Madison, MS. I've been dipping since I was 15, about a can a day. I was at work the other day and stressed as usual so I rubbed my throat and I felt a small bump above my adams apple. I may be overreacting but I don't care. It's a good excuse to give my friend up. I don't know how I'm going to survive. Dip is the only thing that keeps me sane between work and school. I just want to better myself and put this past me. ALL of my friends dip which will make this even harder. Any suggestions? I've tried herbal dip before and sunflower seeds. They work ok, but I am going to miss that early morning dip buzz. It's also gotten to where I don't keep a dip in for more than 5 minutes anyway. I just do it out of habit. Please help me, I need it.
Trust me, dip is not your friend. I used to think that also, but now 181 days w/o nicotine I know that dip was not my friend at all. Nicotine is a bitch that wants my money  she will also take my life if I let her.

Dip doesn't keep you sane. You are a nic addict. We all are. Nicotine creates a void that needs to be filled w/ nic. Funny how that works.....actually it's not funny.....maybe ironic.

I also thought I had a "habit", but after a few days I realized that I am an addict. Understanding our addiction will give you the keys to unlock yourself from the stranglehold of the nic bitch.

Exactly. This is the mindset that works. No more excuses.

There are two options: 1. Quit 2. Not Quit
Pick one.

Where's that day 1 post? Get on in here and let's do this thing.

Reach out via PM if I can help you any way.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 08:36:00 AM »
It's July 1, are you going to post roll?
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:42:00 AM »
YOu should quit worrying how to minimize the pain of the quit and start worrying about the pain of NOT QUITTING. Thats the one that will kill you
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 12:59:00 AM »

Quit 12/31/2013

Offline BG

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
Quote from: Flaw
why not quit today??
Flaw has 6 posts and he gets it. Explain how nicotine creates a void and then leads you to believe that its presence fills said void. It's silly when you really think about it.

Offline Flaw

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-02
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »
why not quit today??

Offline leafjerky

Quitting tomorrow
« on: June 30, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »