Author Topic: Where's your crown, KingNothing?  (Read 13025 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where's your crown, KingNothing?
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2015, 11:54:00 PM »
There are those who deserve...Well done!
You are taking your addictive spirit....
And turning it into a positive.
Kings are like the truth... They have the ability to change people.
Changing the life of others with support and the Truth.
I quit with you and your work here at KTC.

Rawls 328
I believe.....

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2015, 11:50:00 AM »
Quote from: jimthins
Hell yah! 'oh yeah'
x2! Great attitude KingNothing!

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2015, 12:49:00 PM »
Hell yah! 'oh yeah'

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »
Thanks all for the responses. Day 51 feels better than day 50 already. Onward!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

I'm done with chew

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »
'chew2' Congrats on the halfway mark to HOF. 50 days is bad ass. You've come a long way for sure. Keep following the program and leading where you can. I QLF with you all day today! Tomorrow..... we will do it again! 'chew2'

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
Quote from: 50
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
Take a look at what made up your first 50 days. Each one of those +1's means something different, a new success or challenge faced. Be proud of every single one of them, they are like a merit badge. You learned something valuable each day. Never forget what you had to do or struggled with to earn each +1. Those +1's are creating a larger and stronger foundation for your new life.

Quit on quittha!
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »
Quote from: jimthins
Quote from: KingNothing
Day 50 today. It comes with some good news and not so good news. First the good news, here's a list of things I have done in the last 50 without dip:

Played golf
Hit a bucket of balls
Taken a shower
Taken a dump
Worked
Cut the grass
Washed the truck
Moved
Worked in the garage
Drove
Drank with buddies
Stayed up late
Watched a movie
Watched a baseball game
Ran errands

Other than camping, fishing, and hunting, I've pretty much run the gambit of life activities in the last 50 days, all without dip. For 50 straight days, I've earned my freedom.

The not so good news is that day 49 was my worst day since the first week. It started off on the wrong foot, and never got better. Suffice it to say that it was stressful start to finish at work, so by the time I was done, I was fried. On the way home, I caught myself staring a second longer at the c-store. Not consciously, and when I caught myself, I thought how dumb that would be. Then my mouth started hurting, and continued to do so for a couple hours. Right in the gumline. What the hell? Then I got home, and the disgruntledness continued when wife was redlining as well.

I have to admit that throwing in the towel crossed my mind for a few seconds. I don't need this grief. I don't need to put myself through this everyday. I can quit quitting right now. Then I remembered the speech by Admiral McRaven at the UT Austin commencement in 2014 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70). Don't ever ring the bell. I will not give up. I have too much riding on this to ever ring the bell and give into a craving. I have come too far in the last 50 days to succumb. I also posted a promise yesterday morning that I would not give in, and that promise to strangers (not so strangers really) on the internet fueled the fire to keep pushing, to keep moving forward. I would never want a brother on here to feel let down because I could not control my own actions. Caving is not an option because I owe too much to myself, my family, and my KTC brethren.

At 50 days, I want to thank each and every one of you and KTC as a whole. I would never have made it half this far without the accountability and brotherhood this site has to offer. I am a different person than I was 50 days ago, and that person is free from the chains of slavery that had slowly knotted themselves around my entire mind, spirit, and body. Quit on brothers, and continue that strut down the path to freedom, you (and I) have earned it.
That's what we're here for King. That is why we come here every day and make a promise. I'm right there with you... without this site and everyone here I would have never made it. So I would like to thank you for your continued support around here. Safe to say you've helped people not give in as well.

And also - Congrats on making it through those triggers dip free.

Proud of you today King! Keep it up!
Outstanding post king. I cannot believe how much that reminds me of.....well me. I have to go back to my intro around that 50 day mark. Keep up the solid work.

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2015, 10:46:00 AM »
Day 50 today. It comes with some good news and not so good news. First the good news, here's a list of things I have done in the last 50 without dip:

Played golf
Hit a bucket of balls
Taken a shower
Taken a dump
Worked
Cut the grass
Washed the truck
Moved
Worked in the garage
Drove
Drank with buddies
Stayed up late
Watched a movie
Watched a baseball game
Ran errands

Other than camping, fishing, and hunting, I've pretty much run the gambit of life activities in the last 50 days, all without dip. For 50 straight days, I've earned my freedom.

The not so good news is that day 49 was my worst day since the first week. It started off on the wrong foot, and never got better. Suffice it to say that it was stressful start to finish at work, so by the time I was done, I was fried. On the way home, I caught myself staring a second longer at the c-store. Not consciously, and when I caught myself, I thought how dumb that would be. Then my mouth started hurting, and continued to do so for a couple hours. Right in the gumline. What the hell? Then I got home, and the disgruntledness continued when wife was redlining as well.

I have to admit that throwing in the towel crossed my mind for a few seconds. I don't need this grief. I don't need to put myself through this everyday. I can quit quitting right now. Then I remembered the speech by Admiral McRaven at the UT Austin commencement in 2014 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70). Don't ever ring the bell. I will not give up. I have too much riding on this to ever ring the bell and give into a craving. I have come too far in the last 50 days to succumb. I also posted a promise yesterday morning that I would not give in, and that promise to strangers (not so strangers really) on the internet fueled the fire to keep pushing, to keep moving forward. I would never want a brother on here to feel let down because I could not control my own actions. Caving is not an option because I owe too much to myself, my family, and my KTC brethren.

At 50 days, I want to thank each and every one of you and KTC as a whole. I would never have made it half this far without the accountability and brotherhood this site has to offer. I am a different person than I was 50 days ago, and that person is free from the chains of slavery that had slowly knotted themselves around my entire mind, spirit, and body. Quit on brothers, and continue that strut down the path to freedom, you (and I) have earned it.
That's what we're here for King. That is why we come here every day and make a promise. I'm right there with you... without this site and everyone here I would have never made it. So I would like to thank you for your continued support around here. Safe to say you've helped people not give in as well.

And also - Congrats on making it through those triggers dip free.

Proud of you today King! Keep it up!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2015, 10:35:00 AM »

Played golf
Hit a bucket of balls
Taken a shower
Taken a dump
Worked
Cut the grass
Washed the truck
Moved
Worked in the garage
Drove
Drank with buddies
Stayed up late
Watched a movie
Watched a baseball game
Ran errands

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2015, 01:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: JKEdwards
Quote from: rdad
I had an interesting and unexpected event happen last night. My wife and I took her grandpa out to dinner at a nicer place to eat. We were sitting outside on a big patio area, and having a drink with her grandpa as he reminisced about the mine he used to work in 72 years ago (seriously). Anyway, we're chatting and having dinner and I see the waitress bring out this mondo crab crusted steak to a table about 15 feet away from ours. Not thinking to much of it at this point, but about five minutes later I look over and the guy that ordered it was just about done with it.

Upon further review, this guy has a can in the pocket of his shirt. This guy has cow-boy written all over him. Too tight Wranglers, cow-boy boots, big fluffy mustache, buckle, etc. He finishes up the mouth-watering steak by throwing in a lip.

For the last 40 days I've been conditioned to hate dip and the effects and all this stuff, but last night my mind started wandering. I had no desire to dip last night, and the thought never crossed my mind to go back to slavery. However, I did have that sneaky nostalgic thought, "remember when you used to be able to throw in a fatty after a big dinner and a nice beer during these glorious summer months, etc., etc. etc." Eventually I snapped out of it, but this stuff is still trying to play tricks on me. I'm only 40 days in so I expect this kind of stuff to happen, but it makes me realize why I need this site still. In previous stoppages, last night would have been more than enough ammunition to cave and "really enjoy a good dip." This site has me razor-focused on NAFAR. Not one dip, not one can. Addicts can't go back.

The last few days, several people in October and other groups have stopped posting roll because "they never think about it except when they're on here" or "they don't even have craves any more". I fully did not intend to go to a nicer restaurant last night and catch myself reminiscing back after watching a dude pack his lip right at the dinner table. I had this site, I'd been on several times yesterday reading and posting, so it was easy to shut down the thoughts while they were still merely whims instead of letting them explode into full blown hands-shaking craves. I also knew I had a pocketful of numbers if I really couldn't turn the tide.

This has definitely gotten easier over the last 40 days, but nicotine doesn't take a vacation from trying to get under my skin. At least not yet. Quit with each of you BAQ's today.

Edit: had to add the hyphens in cow-boy as it tried to use the emoticon instead of the word.
Nice post KingNothing,
Spot on. To those who "don't ever think about it" or "I only think about it on here" They are just fooling themselves. The odd crave will come.
Just being a part of this site and making that promise everyday have gotten me past a lot of foolish thoughts. (Even recently) Its easier to stay quit when you have friends here that we are accountable to. Keep going man. You are doing great!
Good stuff KN. What's sad is that guy didn't even get to enjoy the steak.

I still find my self getting craves at the most random times. My first trip to the movies was tough. I always would put in a dip at the movies. I didn't even think about that being at trigger. That's why we have to remain vigilant. This shit can blindside you from nowhere. Happy to quit with you today.

P.S. Because I have to see it.... cowboy
Those craves, those whispers from that whore ... they are happening because she senses STRENGTH in you, and it scares her! She can feel that foot on her throat, and she'll try anything to get you to loosen up. Keep that toe firmly planted, because you've slammed that door shut every day you make that promise here! Keep ever vigilant KN, she's very, very sneaky. Hedge your bets just like you're doing ... by posting roll, texting bros and repeating the words NAFAR as many times as you need to. Share those sneaky thoughts and victories with your wife too bud. I went through similar things in the beginning, and I flipped it by pouring out every story about quit I could to my wife. Eventually, it must've sounded like her shoe-shopping stories to me ... and she left me to my quit website! Nice win bro, and thanks for punching the nic-bitch in the gunt for all of us.
King keep racking up the wins. Olé gal whispers at me often but I'm done with her for today because just like you I posted early this morning and that my friend guaranteed myself I would not dip! Quit on!
once an addict always an addict. I'm 600+ days into my quit and she still whispers. Vigilance and integrity, my friend. In other words hold that quit tight and post roll.
Its just part of living the quit.
Its just part of living life.
Its just part of not getting everything we want.
Its just part of being balanced.
Its just part of living healthy and longer.
Its just part of being successful.
Its just part of being free.
Its just part of what we should have always been.
I quit with you king.
It just gets easier.
Rawls 275
I believe.....

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
I had an interesting and unexpected event happen last night. My wife and I took her grandpa out to dinner at a nicer place to eat. We were sitting outside on a big patio area, and having a drink with her grandpa as he reminisced about the mine he used to work in 72 years ago (seriously). Anyway, we're chatting and having dinner and I see the waitress bring out this mondo crab crusted steak to a table about 15 feet away from ours. Not thinking to much of it at this point, but about five minutes later I look over and the guy that ordered it was just about done with it.

Upon further review, this guy has a can in the pocket of his shirt. This guy has cow-boy written all over him. Too tight Wranglers, cow-boy boots, big fluffy mustache, buckle, etc. He finishes up the mouth-watering steak by throwing in a lip.

For the last 40 days I've been conditioned to hate dip and the effects and all this stuff, but last night my mind started wandering. I had no desire to dip last night, and the thought never crossed my mind to go back to slavery. However, I did have that sneaky nostalgic thought, "remember when you used to be able to throw in a fatty after a big dinner and a nice beer during these glorious summer months, etc., etc. etc." Eventually I snapped out of it, but this stuff is still trying to play tricks on me. I'm only 40 days in so I expect this kind of stuff to happen, but it makes me realize why I need this site still. In previous stoppages, last night would have been more than enough ammunition to cave and "really enjoy a good dip." This site has me razor-focused on NAFAR. Not one dip, not one can. Addicts can't go back.

The last few days, several people in October and other groups have stopped posting roll because "they never think about it except when they're on here" or "they don't even have craves any more". I fully did not intend to go to a nicer restaurant last night and catch myself reminiscing back after watching a dude pack his lip right at the dinner table. I had this site, I'd been on several times yesterday reading and posting, so it was easy to shut down the thoughts while they were still merely whims instead of letting them explode into full blown hands-shaking craves. I also knew I had a pocketful of numbers if I really couldn't turn the tide.

This has definitely gotten easier over the last 40 days, but nicotine doesn't take a vacation from trying to get under my skin. At least not yet. Quit with each of you BAQ's today.

Edit: had to add the hyphens in cow-boy as it tried to use the emoticon instead of the word.
Nice post KingNothing,
Spot on. To those who "don't ever think about it" or "I only think about it on here" They are just fooling themselves. The odd crave will come.
Just being a part of this site and making that promise everyday have gotten me past a lot of foolish thoughts. (Even recently) Its easier to stay quit when you have friends here that we are accountable to. Keep going man. You are doing great!

I still find my self getting craves at the most random times. My first trip to the movies was tough. I always would put in a dip at the movies. I didn't even think about that being at trigger. That's why we have to remain vigilant. This shit can blindside you from nowhere. Happy to quit with you today.

Those craves, those whispers from that whore ... they are happening because she senses STRENGTH in you, and it scares her! She can feel that foot on her throat, and she'll try anything to get you to loosen up. Keep that toe firmly planted, because you've slammed that door shut every day you make that promise here! Keep ever vigilant KN, she's very, very sneaky. Hedge your bets just like you're doing ... by posting roll, texting bros and repeating the words NAFAR as many times as you need to. Share those sneaky thoughts and victories with your wife too bud. I went through similar things in the beginning, and I flipped it by pouring out every story about quit I could to my wife. Eventually, it must've sounded like her shoe-shopping stories to me ... and she left me to my quit website! Nice win bro, and thanks for punching the nic-bitch in the gunt for all of us.
King keep racking up the wins. Olé gal whispers at me often but I'm done with her for today because just like you I posted early this morning and that my friend guaranteed myself I would not dip! Quit on!
once an addict always an addict. I'm 600+ days into my quit and she still whispers. Vigilance and integrity, my friend. In other words hold that quit tight and post roll.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »

Nice post KingNothing,

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2015, 04:06:00 PM »

Nice post KingNothing,

My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline JKEdwards

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-22
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »

Nice post KingNothing,

Quit Date: 03/22/2015
HOF Date: 06/29/2015

"People often say that motivation doesn?t last. Well, neither does bathing ? that?s why we recommend it daily." -Zig Ziglar

My Introduction

My HOF Speech

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »

Nice post KingNothing,