Author Topic: Nicotine has left the building  (Read 5381 times)

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nicotine has left the building
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
Quote from: dabean22
There are a few people that have noticed that I'm not as active on this site as I used to be.  I want to take a moment to re-assure anyone that is worried about me that I am doing very well.  My quit is as strong as ever or stronger.  I am still getting the occasional crave but at this point, I see them as more helpful than hurtful.  They remind me that I am an addict.  I need to keep taking the nicotine beast seriously.  I will not let my guard down. 
I have recently noticed how much time I spent on the website.  It was pointed out to me by my wife that I actually spent more time on the site than I spent talking to her during the day.  This bothered me.  I would spend most of my lunch hour on my phone and at least an hour a day on the laptop before or after work.  For me, this site was becoming a bit of an obsession.  I am still here.  I still post daily (100% poster) and I still read the others posts and text the people I am close to from time to time to check in on them.  I simply decided that I will not spend quite as much time on the site as I normally did.  This will probably increase or decrease as my free time changes but for now, I'm going to leave the daily grind of the page up to my brothers in November 13.  Thanks for showing concern people.  I really appreciate it.
NAFAR - and I truly mean that
DaBean22
It has happened before to others and it will happen again. Your number 1 duty is roll, anything beyond that is extra and appreciated.

Enjoy your quit! I quit with you
AGIAN...... THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS YOUR QUIT! WE ALL HAVE TIMES IN OUR LIFE WHEN THINGS HAVE TO BE SCALED DOWN. I HAVE EXPERIANCED TMES WHERE I WAS BURNED OUT FROM ALL THE INVOLVMENT. IT IS O.K.! KEEP POSTING ROLE AND WHEN YOU HAVE THE ENERGY OR TIME TO HELP A BROTHER, DO SO. THERE IS NO RULE AS TO HOW MANY HRS YOU NEED TO CONTRIBUTE. AS LONG AS YOU ARE A MNA OF YOUR WORD AND HELP YOUR TEAM THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. STAY QUIT BRO AND BE PROUD! NO GUILT ALLOWED.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
There are a few people that have noticed that I'm not as active on this site as I used to be. I want to take a moment to re-assure anyone that is worried about me that I am doing very well. My quit is as strong as ever or stronger. I am still getting the occasional crave but at this point, I see them as more helpful than hurtful. They remind me that I am an addict. I need to keep taking the nicotine beast seriously. I will not let my guard down.
I have recently noticed how much time I spent on the website. It was pointed out to me by my wife that I actually spent more time on the site than I spent talking to her during the day. This bothered me. I would spend most of my lunch hour on my phone and at least an hour a day on the laptop before or after work. For me, this site was becoming a bit of an obsession. I am still here. I still post daily (100% poster) and I still read the others posts and text the people I am close to from time to time to check in on them. I simply decided that I will not spend quite as much time on the site as I normally did. This will probably increase or decrease as my free time changes but for now, I'm going to leave the daily grind of the page up to my brothers in November 13. Thanks for showing concern people. I really appreciate it.
DaBean22
It has happened before to others and it will happen again. Your number 1 duty is roll, anything beyond that is extra and appreciated.

Enjoy your quit! I quit with you

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
Good to see you are still around and reinvesting in some family time.

Proud of you buddy.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
There are a few people that have noticed that I'm not as active on this site as I used to be. I want to take a moment to re-assure anyone that is worried about me that I am doing very well. My quit is as strong as ever or stronger. I am still getting the occasional crave but at this point, I see them as more helpful than hurtful. They remind me that I am an addict. I need to keep taking the nicotine beast seriously. I will not let my guard down.
I have recently noticed how much time I spent on the website. It was pointed out to me by my wife that I actually spent more time on the site than I spent talking to her during the day. This bothered me. I would spend most of my lunch hour on my phone and at least an hour a day on the laptop before or after work. For me, this site was becoming a bit of an obsession. I am still here. I still post daily (100% poster) and I still read the others posts and text the people I am close to from time to time to check in on them. I simply decided that I will not spend quite as much time on the site as I normally did. This will probably increase or decrease as my free time changes but for now, I'm going to leave the daily grind of the page up to my brothers in November 13. Thanks for showing concern people. I really appreciate it.
DaBean22
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »
A family is driving across the country to go to Disney World on a vacation. About half way there one of the children forgets his favorite toy behind at a rest stop. After another couple days of travel, the child realizes that it's missing and starts to have a temper tantrum. He wants to go back. The truth is that everyone understands the shock that the child is suffering. No one says, "Just forget about it and move on" in the first minutes of the kid discovering his lost toy. There is a grief period that anyone would expect the child to go thru. As he think about the missing toy, he continues to be sad/mad/frustrated/all of the above. He arrives in Disney World and barely takes the time to look up. He never bothers wiping his eyes to see any of the spectacles. He never looks up to see the Disney characters right in front of his face. He always says "NO" when asked if he wants to to on the ride with everyone else. In short, he is too focused on the one loss, to appreciate all the gain he could have and is having without even realizing it. This child will never appreciate the trip to Disney World.

Another boy in the same situation also goes thru the period of grief while he mourns the loss of his toy. He feels the pain of the separation between him and his favorite thing. Something that he couldn't think of life without. Something he doesn't ever think he can get over. Something that at times he thinks is the most important thing in the world. Something that..... and as this this boy takes the time to wipe his tears away he sees an amazing site. He now realizes that he is standing with his family in the happiest place on earth and his toy wouldn't have fit thru the gate. If he had his toy, he wouldn't be able to be in this incredible place if he had brought his toy (just work with me here, I know it's not perfect) He allows himself to enjoy his new surroundings. He doesn't forget about his toy but he realizes in that moment and every moment from then on that the value of the toy is dwarfed by the value of the place and experiences he's having. There are still moments when he wishes he could play with the toy (and those become less and less over time) but he knows that the only way to do that would be to leave this wonderful place with much better toys and get back in the car and go home.
Now comes the best news of all. His parents got jobs at Disney World and the children never need to leave. They get to spend the rest of their lives in this wondrous place. The child takes the time to ponder his old toy. What does he do then? Is he going to be the child that puts his face in his hands and cries for the rest of his life, or is he the one that smiles and thinks of the wonderful place he is now and allows the memory of the toy fade as time goes by.

OK the moral of the story is quite clear and I won't insult your intelligence by spelling it out beyond this one thing. In my life, I truly try to focus on the positive side of quitting every single time I feel a crave. I find that this reduces their power and allows me to actually start enjoying the craves as they come. This is because at every crave, I get to be reminded of some of the best reasons that I quit. If I simply said "this sucks" every time I felt a crave, I would be one miserable person.
Depending on how long you have been quit, you may still be in the initial shock of the quit. It's normal to pout and throw your "temper tantrum". Just make sure that you aren't already in Disney World and you still have your eyes focused on your old toy. Open your eyes. There is nothing that your old toy would ever do to make this new place better. If you stubbed your toe while walking, it wasn't caused because you didn't have your toy and it wouldn't feel better if you had the toy. It's just a stubbed toe. Don't let that pain make you ever feel like you need the new toy.

Enjoy living in Disney World for the rest of your life.
Thanks for taking the time to think of that parable  type it all out. It really does put it all into perspective very well I think.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
A family is driving across the country to go to Disney World on a vacation. About half way there one of the children forgets his favorite toy behind at a rest stop. After another couple days of travel, the child realizes that it's missing and starts to have a temper tantrum. He wants to go back. The truth is that everyone understands the shock that the child is suffering. No one says, "Just forget about it and move on" in the first minutes of the kid discovering his lost toy. There is a grief period that anyone would expect the child to go thru. As he think about the missing toy, he continues to be sad/mad/frustrated/all of the above. He arrives in Disney World and barely takes the time to look up. He never bothers wiping his eyes to see any of the spectacles. He never looks up to see the Disney characters right in front of his face. He always says "NO" when asked if he wants to to on the ride with everyone else. In short, he is too focused on the one loss, to appreciate all the gain he could have and is having without even realizing it. This child will never appreciate the trip to Disney World.

Another boy in the same situation also goes thru the period of grief while he mourns the loss of his toy. He feels the pain of the separation between him and his favorite thing. Something that he couldn't think of life without. Something he doesn't ever think he can get over. Something that at times he thinks is the most important thing in the world. Something that..... and as this this boy takes the time to wipe his tears away he sees an amazing site. He now realizes that he is standing with his family in the happiest place on earth and his toy wouldn't have fit thru the gate. If he had his toy, he wouldn't be able to be in this incredible place if he had brought his toy (just work with me here, I know it's not perfect) He allows himself to enjoy his new surroundings. He doesn't forget about his toy but he realizes in that moment and every moment from then on that the value of the toy is dwarfed by the value of the place and experiences he's having. There are still moments when he wishes he could play with the toy (and those become less and less over time) but he knows that the only way to do that would be to leave this wonderful place with much better toys and get back in the car and go home.
Now comes the best news of all. His parents got jobs at Disney World and the children never need to leave. They get to spend the rest of their lives in this wondrous place. The child takes the time to ponder his old toy. What does he do then? Is he going to be the child that puts his face in his hands and cries for the rest of his life, or is he the one that smiles and thinks of the wonderful place he is now and allows the memory of the toy fade as time goes by.

OK the moral of the story is quite clear and I won't insult your intelligence by spelling it out beyond this one thing. In my life, I truly try to focus on the positive side of quitting every single time I feel a crave. I find that this reduces their power and allows me to actually start enjoying the craves as they come. This is because at every crave, I get to be reminded of some of the best reasons that I quit. If I simply said "this sucks" every time I felt a crave, I would be one miserable person.
Depending on how long you have been quit, you may still be in the initial shock of the quit. It's normal to pout and throw your "temper tantrum". Just make sure that you aren't already in Disney World and you still have your eyes focused on your old toy. Open your eyes. There is nothing that your old toy would ever do to make this new place better. If you stubbed your toe while walking, it wasn't caused because you didn't have your toy and it wouldn't feel better if you had the toy. It's just a stubbed toe. Don't let that pain make you ever feel like you need the new toy.

Enjoy living in Disney World for the rest of your life.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »
There it is... Full on realization of the lie. Well done bro.

Proud of you, man :)
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
  • Interests: Drums, drumming, music, disc golf...
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
In the past, today would have been when I relapsed. Today was a bitch. The list is long and mostly lame problems and there are a couple larger ones but the real problem was the nic bitch making the problems look solvable with a cigarette. I can't believe that with all I now know that it would be possible for that thought to enter my head.
I finished the weed wacking (all the while talking under my breath and punishing any stray weed like it was the creator of my stress). I put away the equipment and as im still steaming mad i think "Damn, a cigarette would feel really good right now". I actually had that complete thought. Imediately I realised what has been going on all these years as i had made lame "attempts to quit". In the past, I would be stressed out all day as i always wanted another cigarette and then when real stress was added on top of it, a cigarette would actually relieve some stress. The trick was that it didnt release any of the external stress at all but only relieved the stress that nicotine itself caused in the first place. If i had a cigarette right now, it wouldn't relieve any stress at all right now and wouldn't taste good, and would in fact only bring 100x more stress into my life.
THIS IS THE LIE OF THE NIC BITCH...... Your stress will be relieved if you use nicotine. That is a lie. After you have removed that poison from your system (3 days) more nicotine won't relieve your stress, it will reintroduce the stress back into your life that it brings.
I think I'm repeating myself here so I'll wrap it up. My quit is solid because I know I will never smoke again.... Ever. That does not mean that I will never have moments of confusion. I do not feel weak because of that, I feel strong because I know that I am prepaired to SHUT THAT BITCH DOWN.
NAFAR
You are badass my friend. Proud to be quit with you.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
In the past, today would have been when I relapsed. Today was a bitch. The list is long and mostly lame problems and there are a couple larger ones but the real problem was the nic bitch making the problems look solvable with a cigarette. I can't believe that with all I now know that it would be possible for that thought to enter my head.
I finished the weed wacking (all the while talking under my breath and punishing any stray weed like it was the creator of my stress). I put away the equipment and as im still steaming mad i think "Damn, a cigarette would feel really good right now". I actually had that complete thought. Imediately I realised what has been going on all these years as i had made lame "attempts to quit". In the past, I would be stressed out all day as i always wanted another cigarette and then when real stress was added on top of it, a cigarette would actually relieve some stress. The trick was that it didnt release any of the external stress at all but only relieved the stress that nicotine itself caused in the first place. If i had a cigarette right now, it wouldn't relieve any stress at all right now and wouldn't taste good, and would in fact only bring 100x more stress into my life.
THIS IS THE LIE OF THE NIC BITCH...... Your stress will be relieved if you use nicotine. That is a lie. After you have removed that poison from your system (3 days) more nicotine won't relieve your stress, it will reintroduce the stress back into your life that it brings.
I think I'm repeating myself here so I'll wrap it up. My quit is solid because I know I will never smoke again.... Ever. That does not mean that I will never have moments of confusion. I do not feel weak because of that, I feel strong because I know that I am prepaired to SHUT THAT BITCH DOWN.
NAFAR
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
Sounds like your mindset has evolved from a simple QLF EDD into the big picture NAFAR! Never Again For Any Reason! Lots of newbs have a hard time wrapping their minds around that concept, and luckily EDD works just fine, but NAFAR is the inevitable outcome for any true quit. We are addicts and just one hit of nicotine will be enough to bring us back to day 1. I sure as hell do not want to go back to the first days of quit ever again, and I think you don't either. Proud to quit with you.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
I really hope that this time I can make it..... This time im going to try as hard as I can...... We have all heard this said many times. I've only been here for 18 days and I've heard it more than I would like. I've started using a different analogy when people talk like that.
"Think about the worst thing you could possibly do. I mean that thing that would never even enter the realm of possibility in your head. Now think of something that would be 5x worse than that. You got it? You dot even want to say it out loud do you? I know I don't but here goes any way. When I say that "I have quit nicotine", I say it with the same confidence that I say "I will not kill my puppy with a baseball bat". It is not that I am pretty sure I wont do it. I know that no matter what, I will NEVER do eithor one of those things. If you can find your horrible thing and say that the way I did, YOU my brother or sister know the real definition of quit. If you can't make the connection, you are simply trying to stop. That may last but likely wont. You need complete conviction and clarity of mind. After you have that, there is nothing left but to deal with some temporary cravings and then move on with your life. I don't need to tell you to remind you to protect your quit any more than I need to remind you to not hit your puppy with a bat. You will instinctively protect your quit.
I QLFEDD with November. We jump and dont look back.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Quote from: mich
I was going to throw you a text today, just to check on you but wasn't sure about your text plan, you get unlimited yet? Have a good weekend, no nic, no suckin' on tailpipes...
Thanks for thinking of me brother. I can't tell you how much it helps knowing that there are so many people that would happily hold me accountable if I missed roll. I wish that I didn't have to work so I could keep up with everyone here.

OK, here's an invitation to the people at KTC. Contact me if you can pay someone to stay on the site. I wan a job with KTC.
you got one, you just don't know it yet and you won't get any sort of cash payment. Don't worry it's not like you've got to put in 40 hours a week, over the weeks the hours will add up though!
I've spent over 16 hours on the website since Monday. I want my $2! Oh wait, I saved over $30 since Monday. Ok, I'll cash that check any day of the week.
We need a "Like button" emoticon.
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
I was going to throw you a text today, just to check on you but wasn't sure about your text plan, you get unlimited yet? Have a good weekend, no nic, no suckin' on tailpipes...
Thanks for thinking of me brother. I can't tell you how much it helps knowing that there are so many people that would happily hold me accountable if I missed roll. I wish that I didn't have to work so I could keep up with everyone here.

OK, here's an invitation to the people at KTC. Contact me if you can pay someone to stay on the site. I wan a job with KTC.
you got one, you just don't know it yet and you won't get any sort of cash payment. Don't worry it's not like you've got to put in 40 hours a week, over the weeks the hours will add up though!
I've spent over 16 hours on the website since Monday. I want my $2! Oh wait, I saved over $30 since Monday. Ok, I'll cash that check any day of the week.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »

my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »

Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13