Author Topic: Will this be day 1;  (Read 5296 times)

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: Will this be day 1;
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Slomo15
Friend of mine has been on my ass about this site so I've joined trying to join the list of other quitters.
bumping this, he's posting roll tomorrow am... Could one of you internet experts do the thing with the helpful links he will need? I'd appreciate it.

Offline bigsky406

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
Slomo,

Quit with us. We're putting together a decent little group here, but we need some more hard-core quitters. We'll quit with you if you can keep your word to your brothers.

Do as the vets say and do and you will be quit. There is no "will quit" or "try to quit" or "hope to quit" or "attempt to quit." There is either quit or death.

Join our group. Post roll every day. Don't use nicotine. Keep your word. It's that simple.

I've been doing it for 10 days now and I can't even tell you how much better and more free I feel.

If you want to quit. We'll help you. But you have to commit.

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
Hey Slomo - Welcome to this messed up club! Listen to me, my friend: you ONLY have to make it until bedtime tonight. We quit one day at a time here, which means you just have to make it through today. Tomorrow, wake up and decide all over again if you want to quit. You can do ANYTHING for 24 hours. I know you can.

But first, let's see a roll post! Head over to February and hit "quote" or just "reply". Get your promise NOT TO USE TODAY posted in front of all your brothers and sisters. Get phone numbers. Use them.

What to expect: the first three days suck. That's why we call it "the suck". It blows. That's where nicotine is physically withdrawing from your system, and your system is rebelling. The beauty: you only have to do it once. We will walk right by your side. Live in "LIVE CHAT" (upper right), bitch and vent there. After three days, it's a mental game. A tough mental game but no more physical symptoms. This is where you need the accountability, brotherhood, and phone numbers.

But I might be getting ahead of myself. Go post roll, I'll be checking every 10 minutes today until I see it....let's do it today. Do it for YOURSELF.

Offline Mr Nice Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 12:43:00 AM »
I posted role for my first time at night too. So what if its not a whole 24 hours, no one gives a fuck.

Just quit.

Read everything you possibly can from this site, and the quit will consume you.

-Your february quittin brudder

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »
"Will this be..."

Jump in, drink the koolaid, and you will soon realize how silly this title is. There are no tries or attempts here. There are no questions regarding our ability to quit. We just quit. Period. If I can do it, you can do it. You will see that posted a lot here. It is true. We were all the same as it relates to this addiction. I post up 98 in the morning. If I can do it, you can definitely do it.

Welcome and congrats on your decision to take your life back!!!!!

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Luby
Friend of mine has been on my ass about this site so I've joined trying to join the list of other quitters.
There ya go! Go to "welcome center" its a little pink tab in the upper left corner, it will explain how things work here. You will be in the February quit group, post roll in there and then don't use nicotine. It is that simple.
don't lett LOOT hear you call that pink....it's Salmon.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
There ya go! Go to "welcome center" its a little pink tab in the upper left corner, it will explain how things work here. You will be in the February quit group, post roll in there and then don't use nicotine. It is that simple.

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
I don't know if it will be your day 1 or not. But I damn sure know it's my day 589...proof this can be done.

You either quit or you don't. Your call buddy. But I can tell you one thing for sure, I was going to "quit tomorrow" many a many a time. Tomorrow always had a funny way of getting postponed to the next day.

Choose to regain control of your life. Choose to see how good life can be without the can.

Your call.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline Slomo15

• Quitter
Will this be day 1;
« on: November 01, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »
No Excuses
Quit Date 12/28/11