Author Topic: Snuff Junkie  (Read 2175 times)

Offline sand sex

• wildwestblogcom.blogspot.com
  • Interests: biking, travel, old movies
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Snuff Junkie
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
easier said than done....try sex when you feel like you are bouncing on a pogo stick upside down......right now, biking is about the only time when my mind is not on the shit. and BTW--what in the hell are they putting into Cope nowadays? it must be meth or coke. i quit cigs and booze, even drugs when i was younger, and none was as addictive as Cope....NONE!

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
Quote from: sand
ha....magnum and skoal, all this is good, and funny too. problem with my sex life is that i am absorbed with my own mania, i.e., withdrawal nerves and jitters, and not concerned with such 'luxuries' as skrewing. i actually felt better and calmer in my first week than i do now in my third week (18 1/2 days and counting). honestly, to me sex is no big deal and i can mostly take it or leave it. not so my new wife. whatever...knowing you all are going through/have gone through this is comforting. misery does truly love company.

someone who has passed the magic "One Hundred Day" mark please tell me it gets better and that i won't feel this rotten for the rest of my life, i.e., always thinking about a 'dip in the lip.'
SS,

I can promise even from day 27 that you will not feel the way you do for the rest of your life. I am not joking when I say that day 14 was the worst day I have ever experienced in my life. It was terrible. The day after was much better, but at about day 16-18 give or take I had an epiphany and realized that I now feel better than I ever did when I was banging the Nic bitch.

I like to try and help guys at your stage because I am only a week or so ahead of you. It is always nice to hear from someone who just recently went through it (at least it was for me). The vets are awesome for whipping your ass in to shape when you get out of hand the first couple of weeks and also for providing the knowledge they have compiled.

But you must remember that each day we are all new quitters. I have felt that simple statement gives me more motivation than any other. Each day I wake up and post roll as a promise to everyone. Skoal Monster and every other vet does the same. Therefore, we are all starting a new day of quit together (where we hold hands and sing Kumbaya). As many vets have said, the cravings get few and far between but that day they don't post roll might be the day a massive one hits. Not posting is no excuse but that extra layer of accountability sure as hell helps.

Magnum

p.s.

Get your head out of your ass and give you wife some lovin'!
PM me any time you need something.

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »
ha....magnum and skoal, all this is good, and funny too.  problem with my sex life is that i am absorbed with my own mania, i.e., withdrawal nerves and jitters, and not concerned with such 'luxuries' as skrewing.  i actually felt better and calmer in my first week than i do now in my third week (18 1/2 days and counting).  honestly, to me sex is no big deal and i can mostly take it or leave it.  not so my new wife.  whatever...knowing you all are going through/have gone through this is comforting.  misery does truly love company.

someone who has passed the magic "One Hundred Day" mark please tell me it gets better and that i won't feel this rotten for the rest of my life, i.e., always thinking about a 'dip in the lip.'
There is nothing magic about the 100 day mark. I think that is what fucks a lot of guys post HOF. They expect dancing bears and birds singing on their shoulder in an enchanted forest. There is no magic moment where all our dip problems are solved.

100 is a milestone. An evaluation point. A damn fine accomplishment. Something to aim for when you are sitting at 18 days in a big ass suck. Something to take real pride in achieving. But getting to 100 does not mean the fight is over.

With all that being said, I promise you that at 100 days you won't feel as bad as you do now. Not even close to it. It gets better every day. When I was told that in my first few months I don't know if I ever really believed it. I do now. At 356 days I feel better than I ever recall in my entire adult life. You will get here too. One day at a time.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline sand sex

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
ha....magnum and skoal, all this is good, and funny too. problem with my sex life is that i am absorbed with my own mania, i.e., withdrawal nerves and jitters, and not concerned with such 'luxuries' as skrewing. i actually felt better and calmer in my first week than i do now in my third week (18 1/2 days and counting). honestly, to me sex is no big deal and i can mostly take it or leave it. not so my new wife. whatever...knowing you all are going through/have gone through this is comforting. misery does truly love company.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
sandy,

dip doesn't have anything to do with your sex drive- infact nicotine constricts the blood vessels so dipping will ultimately lead to you trying to shoot pool with a rope.

A few weeks of a cranky husband oughtta be worth a life time of wood for the wife don't ya think?
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
Do not go back to tobacco as a means to "solve" problems with your marriage or wife. That is a ridiculous premise. How would your wife feel about your sex drive or whatever when you are in a hospital bed with cancer in a couple years?

If your on day 18 things should look up for you soon. After about day 14 I felt worlds better than the previous two weeks. Yours will come soon.

Offline sand sex

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
thanx, greg....i really appreciate the help!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
I will add...

Make sure you read everything you can here. What you are going through is normal, knowing that helped me tremendously.

I will send you some additional information to get you stared. Welcome to best decision you ever made. Check your inbox ( 1 )

Greg

Offline sand sex

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »
much thanks to both you guys.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
i am a tobacco addict trying once more, after a life time of addiction, to call it quits.  i was probably an addict at conception since my parents and everyone they knew smoked or chewed back in the fifties.  i began 'officially' smoking at age 10 or 11.  gave up smoking for snuff at the age of 25 (tho i have puffed off and on since then).  after several botched attempts to purge the nicotine from my system, i am giving it another shot now, at age 63. 

so far, it has been cold turkey for 18 days, 3 hours, and about fifteen minutes.  along with the usual ups and down that you all are aware of, including some strain in my most recent marriage, my teeth are giving me fits and hurt (guess it is the lack of nicotine, since they had not bothered me much for decades).

odd, but my new wife has not been all that supportive.  my sex drive has been in the tank for the last 18 days, i have been much more impulsive and neurotic, and not much fun, i suppose.  she actually thinks i should go back to tobacco on the premise that 'anything is better than what we are going through.' at times, like right now, i wonder if it is worth it.  i know i am winning and have the will to overcome this time, but worry about the debris field behind me.  any love out there is welcomed.
I'm glad you found the site sandy.

Quitting cold-turkey by yourself can be a lonely experience. It's much less so, when you're with a crowd that wants the same thing.

The blues will pass, and eventually your wife will thank you for quitting. I'm confident of that.

In the meantime, follow Scowick's advice and use this forum for all it's worth. Most important is, to go to the June 2011 quit class:

index.php?showtopic=4420

Post roll with us every morning. That's your promise not to go back to dip today. Keep your word. Do the same thing tomorrow.

You'll be surprised, I think, how sharing the load can brighten up your outlook.

I'm glad you're here. Stay quit.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 12:18:00 PM »
If you want to quit then you need to start reading. You also need to post roll

You group is: index.php?showtopic=4420

Go to the bottom of this reply and you will see instructions on how to post roll.

Post everyday and keep your word. Welcome aboard.

Here are some links you may find helpful...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A how to get started by Remy:

index.php?showtopic=1360

Quit Groups, What do they mean, by SOS

index.php?showtopic=88

Roll call, why we do it your word by LOOT.

index.php?showtopic=120

What to Expect when you quit.

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/what.asp

Symptoms of Quitting dip and chew

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/symptoms.asp

Contract to give up...

http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Smokeless alternatives

http://killthecan.org/yourquit/alternatives.asp

Words of Wisdom, Read them all

index.php?showforum=41

May 2008 TTFers

index.php?showtopic=1179

Read this group from the very first post to the very last post.

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last (MOST RECENT) Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, check to see that the last few people to post are still on your roll call. Keep your word.

Offline sand sex

Snuff Junkie
« on: March 14, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
i am a tobacco addict trying once more, after a life time of addiction, to call it quits. i was probably an addict at conception since my parents and everyone they knew smoked or chewed back in the fifties. i began 'officially' smoking at age 10 or 11. gave up smoking for snuff at the age of 25 (tho i have puffed off and on since then). after several botched attempts to purge the nicotine from my system, i am giving it another shot now, at age 63.

so far, it has been cold turkey for 18 days, 3 hours, and about fifteen minutes. along with the usual ups and down that you all are aware of, including some strain in my most recent marriage, my teeth are giving me fits and hurt (guess it is the lack of nicotine, since they had not bothered me much for decades).

odd, but my new wife has not been all that supportive. my sex drive has been in the tank for the last 18 days, i have been much more impulsive and neurotic, and not much fun, i suppose. she actually thinks i should go back to tobacco on the premise that 'anything is better than what we are going through.' at times, like right now, i wonder if it is worth it. i know i am winning and have the will to overcome this time, but worry about the debris field behind me. any love out there is welcomed.