Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 19101 times)

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #230 on: February 19, 2015, 03:39:00 AM »
Day 200. When I quit on 8/4/14, day 200 seemed impossible and all I could think of was day 2. Now that I'm here, I want 300, 365, 730, and beyond. I want to thank everyone (even those who were forced out and have started up new quit sites) for their unwavering support. I could not have done it without y'all.

As I lay here, awake way too damn early, I listen to the distant rumble coming from the Fort Hood Firing Range, I can't help but think that's what the Nic Bitch goes through once someone "gets it" on here. It brings a smile to my face when I envision her naked ass running blindly through the range as artillery shells fall around her, sabot rounds zip past her, and 50 caliber slugs tear at her flesh and bone.

Anyway, thanks again and all you new quitters, keep shelling the bitch because she's never going to give up.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2015, 03:23:00 PM »
Quote from: SandPike
Just finally finished reading these 16 pages Joe. I just wanted to say thanks, this is really good stuff!

Are you still in the Buckeye and if so, where abouts? If not too far from me, I'd be interested in buying you supper some evening.
I've not been transferred north just yet. I have a project in Texas to complete before I move on to anything else. If and when I get to Ohio, I will make sure and let everyone on here know because I think Ohio has disproportionately large number of quitters on KTC and I would like to meet them.

Thanks for the compliment on my intro, I wrote it for other people to read so that they could see into the mind of another quitter.

Quit on Spike

Ryan

Offline SandPike

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting,fishing, poker, and The Pittsburgh Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »
Just finally finished reading these 16 pages Joe. I just wanted to say thanks, this is really good stuff!

Are you still in the Buckeye and if so, where abouts? If not too far from me, I'd be interested in buying you supper some evening.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2015, 04:23:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Hey folks, I was out roaming around onsite this morning and I found a nearly full can of Copenhagen Wintergreen Long Cut sitting unattended on a beam. I picked it up, instinctively packed it, opened it up, and then something miraculous happened, I closed the can and gave it back to its rightful owner. I didn't have one urge to put that shit in my mouth or to even smell it. I told the owner that if he ever wanted to quit, I knew the way but he didn't speak much English and just nodded a "yes"...I probably could have asked him if is mother was a whore and gotten the same response. Anyway, that's a win for me, carry on.
Huge win bro ... nicely executed. She's a crafty bitch, but you are on to her ways! Quit with you, and your slimmer self. kinda ghey, my bad
That's awesome Joe! I'm working on the same thing too. I've been out of shape far too long. If we had the willpower to quit dip we can certainly do this! I quit with you everyday buddy!
'clap'

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2015, 11:45:00 AM »
Quote from: Smeds
Hey folks, I was out roaming around onsite this morning and I found a nearly full can of Copenhagen Wintergreen Long Cut sitting unattended on a beam. I picked it up, instinctively packed it, opened it up, and then something miraculous happened, I closed the can and gave it back to its rightful owner. I didn't have one urge to put that shit in my mouth or to even smell it. I told the owner that if he ever wanted to quit, I knew the way but he didn't speak much English and just nodded a "yes"...I probably could have asked him if is mother was a whore and gotten the same response. Anyway, that's a win for me, carry on.
Huge win bro ... nicely executed. She's a crafty bitch, but you are on to her ways! Quit with you, and your slimmer self. kinda ghey, my bad
That's awesome Joe! I'm working on the same thing too. I've been out of shape far too long. If we had the willpower to quit dip we can certainly do this! I quit with you everyday buddy!

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2015, 08:15:00 AM »
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2015, 07:43:00 AM »
I got on the scale today and found out I was 4 pounds lighter than yesterday. I know that's not actual weight loss but I did have a 2700 calorie deficit yesterday when it was all said and done. 5-6 light meals a day coupled with daily cardio, zero soda, fast food, and caffeine is really what I should have been doing all along. I feel better, my clothes fit better, and I'm more fleet of foot. Hmm, yeah I'll have more of this. Thank you KTC.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2015, 08:55:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Roy
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
The next few days for me are going to be emotionally, physically, and mentally taxing for me. If I make it through with all my quits I'll be amazed. Oh and to add to all the shit I have to go through, I found out my next job is prolly going to be in the Buckeye State. If it ain't one thing it's another.
There is no "if" you make it. It's "when" you make it.

Also, I know you have several quits going. I'm assuming your priorities are ranked appropriately.
Yeah buddy the big two (alcohol and nicotine) are locked away in The Big Yellow Safe. The only one that could go is caffeine but I'd be hard pressed to let 59 hard fought days go down the toilet just because I'm tired as shit.
I don't know what all you are going through, but said a prayer for ya today, man. Don't hesitate to shout if you need anything!
When going gets tough, the tough get going.
You can do anything You make up your mind to do.
59 days, 60 days, 61 days, ODAAT. If I can, you can too.
Focus on the "good". Don't look at the bad.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers folks, I really appreciate everything. The problems I thought were going to plague me did not and I successfully made it through a majority of the trials and tribulations with every one of my 6 quits. I'm getting to the point now where everyone is beginning to see the difference in my external self. They're seeing the former behemoth slowly transforming into a lean, mean, 6'7" machine. I've inspired others to follow me and that alone feels great. I've always said that I help myself by helping others so if I can give someone else motivation to do better for themselves, I have accomplished a great feat.
6'7" - before you lose too much weight, I want to see you in the cage against Braves360. Sounds like you two would be a good match!

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2015, 07:39:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
The next few days for me are going to be emotionally, physically, and mentally taxing for me. If I make it through with all my quits I'll be amazed. Oh and to add to all the shit I have to go through, I found out my next job is prolly going to be in the Buckeye State. If it ain't one thing it's another.

Also, I know you have several quits going. I'm assuming your priorities are ranked appropriately.
Yeah buddy the big two (alcohol and nicotine) are locked away in The Big Yellow Safe. The only one that could go is caffeine but I'd be hard pressed to let 59 hard fought days go down the toilet just because I'm tired as shit.
I don't know what all you are going through, but said a prayer for ya today, man. Don't hesitate to shout if you need anything!
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers folks, I really appreciate everything. The problems I thought were going to plague me did not and I successfully made it through a majority of the trials and tribulations with every one of my 6 quits. I'm getting to the point now where everyone is beginning to see the difference in my external self. They're seeing the former behemoth slowly transforming into a lean, mean, 6'7" machine. I've inspired others to follow me and that alone feels great. I've always said that I help myself by helping others so if I can give someone else motivation to do better for themselves, I have accomplished a great feat.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2015, 05:56:00 PM »

Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Roy

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 8/11/14
  • Interests: Church, Family, and Running
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »

"Trying to quit and not using all that KTC has to offer is like jerking off with boxing gloves on. It MIGHT work but why make things more difficult than they have to be." - Greenspidy

"Dipping may be something distant in my rear view, addiction is not." - Boelker62

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

Offline Roy

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 8/11/14
  • Interests: Church, Family, and Running
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »
poof
"Trying to quit and not using all that KTC has to offer is like jerking off with boxing gloves on. It MIGHT work but why make things more difficult than they have to be." - Greenspidy

"Dipping may be something distant in my rear view, addiction is not." - Boelker62

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2015, 09:10:00 PM »
Squib

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
Hang in there! You can and will make it through. Bad Ass!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!