Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 19099 times)

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
I found a way to take my mind off all my quit fronts today. I reloaded about 50 rounds of 45-70 govt. with 350 grain soft points over 45.3 grains of IMR4198. These should be good wild hog medicine.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2014, 10:45:00 AM »
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Quote from: jabr
Some of you may remember that I started posting roll at Day 41 which meant I would hit the hall with only 59 roll posts to my credit. Well 5 days ago I finally got to 100 posts. Achieving 100% posting status is my next goal. I was at 99.03% last time I checked the SSOA.
I remember that. It caused a stir for some reason. I had posted first on day 25, missed 26 and 27, then been 100% since. I think one of my first posts outside of roll was offering to change groups since I hadn't "started" until 25.

You have been a huge asset to Nov 14. I'm glad you're there.
I just looked at those old posts after me, you, Abbysdaddy, and Freebase joined. The day one posters really discounted us didn't they. They fucking wrote us off as second class citizens just because we joined late...hmm now look at us. We completely obliterated the idea that you had to be a Day 1 poster to be successful on KTC. I will never forget the folks that welcomed me to KTC but I will also never forget those who shunned me and they know who they are.
I joined on day 16. You and I learned the plan and follow it. Many that join late seem to show up, post and intro, and leave. That ain't us at all! Quit with you all day BazJoe!

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
Quote from: jabr
Some of you may remember that I started posting roll at Day 41 which meant I would hit the hall with only 59 roll posts to my credit. Well 5 days ago I finally got to 100 posts. Achieving 100% posting status is my next goal. I was at 99.03% last time I checked the SSOA.
I remember that. It caused a stir for some reason. I had posted first on day 25, missed 26 and 27, then been 100% since. I think one of my first posts outside of roll was offering to change groups since I hadn't "started" until 25.

I just looked at those old posts after me, you, Abbysdaddy, and Freebase joined. The day one posters really discounted us didn't they. They fucking wrote us off as second class citizens just because we joined late...hmm now look at us. We completely obliterated the idea that you had to be a Day 1 poster to be successful on KTC. I will never forget the folks that welcomed me to KTC but I will also never forget those who shunned me and they know who they are.

Offline jabr

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Agriculture, NCAAFB, Arkansas Razorbacks, STL Cardinals
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2014, 06:23:00 AM »

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #165 on: December 26, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »
99% of the time I can post support roll but there is that 1% that I won't. It depends on where I am. If if deep in the boonies I will do my own quits, if I'm on wifi, it's no holds barred.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2014, 07:54:00 AM »
If any new quitter is reading this while thinking about making a New Year's Resolution to quit dipping, stop what you're doing, spit that shit out, flush your supply, and quit right now. Post a nice long intro and go post roll in the April 2015 quit group. By the time the first rolls around you'll be past the three day suck and well on your way to kicking the Nic Bitch to the curb.

Don't wait another minute because if you do you'll probably have some lame brained reason to keep dipping then, the next thing you know, you're missing your lower jaw and taking chemotherapy.

Just say HEY!! Nic Bitch 'Finger'

BazookaJoe OUT!!!!!
The best Christmas gift you will ever give yourself or your family is a quit. Well said BazJoe.

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2014, 07:50:00 AM »
Figured I'd post this in here as a reminder.
Quote from: soxfnnlansing
Quote from: Tuco's
Quote from: Elpollodiablo01
I guess I have been a little silent lately in my own group and I aim to improve that. I've not had any cravings lately and I know a fog or a suck is on the horizon because there's always a calm before a storm. I went to a C-store to get a bag of ice a little while ago and I found myself nearly asking the clerk for a can of Grizzly Wintergreen Longcut out of sheer situational habit. I didn't want the crap but the words came to mind when I stepped up to the counter. I walked out with a receipt and grabbed a 20# bag of ice from an external cooler. I spent $3.78 on frozen water not ground up cancer in a can.
Thats an excellent job, joe, and a reminder that sometimes that bitch can almost blind side us.
She is a wily, cunning, bitch. It certainly costs her nothing to poke the perimeter, looking for holes in your defenses. That's precisely the type of shit that gets her in the back door if you get complacent.

I'm glad you reminded her of where she can go and what she can do to herself once she gets there.
It's nice walking into the C-Store with a $5 bill and coming out with change, lol. Good Job!

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »
If any new quitter is reading this while thinking about making a New Year's Resolution to quit dipping, stop what you're doing, spit that shit out, flush your supply, and quit right now. Post a nice long intro and go post roll in the April 2015 quit group. By the time the first rolls around you'll be past the three day suck and well on your way to kicking the Nic Bitch to the curb.

Don't wait another minute because if you do you'll probably have some lame brained reason to keep dipping then, the next thing you know, you're missing your lower jaw and taking chemotherapy.

Just say HEY!! Nic Bitch 'Finger'

BazookaJoe OUT!!!!!

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: FMBM707
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: THansen2413
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: worktowin
As some of you know, I recently joined other quit groups under the Getting My Act Together section. I've been posting in the Compulsive Overeating group, the soda quit group, and the caffeine quit group. I'm doing ok and I'm on day 7, 5, 5 respectively. I feel great and am losing some weight which is a common goal. Early this morning however I was sent to a donut place to pick up 46 dozen plain glazed donuts for a Toys for Tots celebration where my employer donated $5000 plus another $4700 collected from Craft/Staff donations. Needless to say I didn't eat one damn donut. Without me posting on here, I'd have run off with my own dozen and secretly nailed every last one in rapid succession. Thanks again KTC.
Great post. Soda is the devil. You will feel so much better without it. I gave it up about a year ago and couldn't be happier. My wife ordered a coke for dinner this weekend and it was 2.75! Ridiculous.

I refuse to say anything disparaging about donuts.

Proud to quit with you today!
Control. You've learned how to quit nicotine and have tasted freedom. When we're addicted addicts, our lives are spinning out of control and we don't even know it. Now that your a quit addict, you're whole perspective changes. You are now replacing the chaos from nicotine with the order that comes with being quit. Good stuff bro
Thank y'all for the support and I would like to correct my numbers...it was actually 8, 5, 5 yesterday so today is just one better for each.

This forum is actually better than a face to face meeting and I feel that I will be more successful with a daily approach than with a once a week meeting.
Hey Joe,
I have found that quitting dip was a confidence builder for me. I am in the same boat as you as I need to get back to my fighting weight. I know we can do it because we are already doing the hardest thing possible in quitting dip. I know we are stronger and better for being here and doing this! ;Ironman:
Here's a prime example of what this place can do for someone. You joined with the fight and hunger to kick nic to the curb, and have done so. Now you're tackling other addictions/impulses, because you have the fight and hunger. Way to go, bro! I'm quitting w/ you today.
Damn right. I'm trying to improve my quality of life for when I get older. Some might say my life is boring and that my diet is bland but I'm 40 and need to start taking better care of myself because I've seen too many people my age go tits up too damn soon.

Another thing that comes to mind is illusion of the "100 day cure" IÂ’ve been seeing lately. Always remember "nothing is foolproof to the sufficiency talented fool" and apply it to your quit. We were fools when we took the first swig, dip, drag, spoonful (food), or even hit. As time passes we experience moments of clarity and finally decide to quit. We then find great support programs like KTC, drink the cool-aid, and get involved with hundreds of like-minded quitters. In this quitter utopia, we learn the tools of the quit and build strength and confidence through repetitive roll call posts. This repetition gives us knowledge but, after all the good, it also breeds complacency. This is where we become badass and we think we've got our addiction whipped and that we are cured when we enter the HOF so we can leave our little utopia, with the tools and foolproof plan in hand, to go finish our quit alone our own way.

What happens after that? Most quitters will fail since the accountability and the brotherhood disappear and they are left to their own devices which turned them into an addict in the first place. In order to be a successful quitterÂ…we have to maintain our quitsÂ…every damn day. Our brains were hardwired for nicotine, alcohol, sugar, caffeine, and any illicit drug out there since we started using, so no matter how much time passes we will always be on the verge of relapse. ThatÂ’s where daily roll posts come in to provide the accountability lifeline so we donÂ’t fall into our old ways and the brotherhood established by constantly participating in the daily adventures of your quit group.

IÂ’m not going to leave KTC unless I die. This place has given me a new lease on life and, though most people may not understand why it takes me 45 minutes to post all my roll calls in the morning, I know that I am paying it forward to return the favor to KTC to help someone else thatÂ’s struggling to beat their addiction.

End of Rant!!
Nice Rant! There's a reason the appropriate motto states "Accountability + Brotherhood = Success". You're a shining bad-ass example of that ... once again, glad to have you in my corner, and glad to be in yours brother!
Keep ranting! This is good stuff: "...no matter how much time passes we will always be on the verge of relapse". Our bodies have 'memory' and all the nicotine abuse tracks have been laid by countless hours, days, weeks, years of abuse. These haven't gone away- they are only dormant just waiting and at time begging (craves) to get used again. That is the burden we carry for abusing this shit! All or nothing, no in between. That's why you gotta own your quit! And you are owning the shit out of this quit.

Quit with you
You bring up a good point Bazooka, i.e. the disappearance of brotherhood and accountability. They're so critical in the first hundred days, but like any friendship, it needs to be nurtured. For example, a badass MF quitter in the March Ironmen, BanjoSteve, started a fantasy football league. We got ironmen and few other months in this league. There are daily group texts sent out and we just joke and futz about. It's a nice break from the humdrum of the day. As football comes to an end, baseball starts. These daily interactions...I'm always thinking about those guys. And I'm always thinking about my promise to them, to the iron men, to all of you at KTC. Like any relationship, the little things go a long way.
Like a lot of these guys I learned from my quit, and applied it to the rest of my life. Having a plan, taking things one day at a time, creating and keeping accountability have been cornerstones I've leaned on to live a healthier life. A life I would not be living if I didn't find this site. Congrats Bazooka.....keep being a leader.
More importantly, thanks for bringing the big bouncy gun wielding blonde back.
Yes Doc there was such a public outcry when I took it down that I had to put it back up to restore the order of nature.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2014, 01:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
As some of you know, I recently joined other quit groups under the Getting My Act Together section. I've been posting in the Compulsive Overeating group, the soda quit group, and the caffeine quit group. I'm doing ok and I'm on day 7, 5, 5 respectively. I feel great and am losing some weight which is a common goal. Early this morning however I was sent to a donut place to pick up 46 dozen plain glazed donuts for a Toys for Tots celebration where my employer donated $5000 plus another $4700 collected from Craft/Staff donations. Needless to say I didn't eat one damn donut. Without me posting on here, I'd have run off with my own dozen and secretly nailed every last one in rapid succession. Thanks again KTC.
Great post. Soda is the devil. You will feel so much better without it. I gave it up about a year ago and couldn't be happier. My wife ordered a coke for dinner this weekend and it was 2.75! Ridiculous.

Control. You've learned how to quit nicotine and have tasted freedom. When we're addicted addicts, our lives are spinning out of control and we don't even know it. Now that your a quit addict, you're whole perspective changes. You are now replacing the chaos from nicotine with the order that comes with being quit. Good stuff bro
Thank y'all for the support and I would like to correct my numbers...it was actually 8, 5, 5 yesterday so today is just one better for each.

This forum is actually better than a face to face meeting and I feel that I will be more successful with a daily approach than with a once a week meeting.
Hey Joe,
I have found that quitting dip was a confidence builder for me. I am in the same boat as you as I need to get back to my fighting weight. I know we can do it because we are already doing the hardest thing possible in quitting dip. I know we are stronger and better for being here and doing this! ;Ironman:
Here's a prime example of what this place can do for someone. You joined with the fight and hunger to kick nic to the curb, and have done so. Now you're tackling other addictions/impulses, because you have the fight and hunger. Way to go, bro! I'm quitting w/ you today.
Damn right. I'm trying to improve my quality of life for when I get older. Some might say my life is boring and that my diet is bland but I'm 40 and need to start taking better care of myself because I've seen too many people my age go tits up too damn soon.

Another thing that comes to mind is illusion of the "100 day cure" IÂ’ve been seeing lately. Always remember "nothing is foolproof to the sufficiency talented fool" and apply it to your quit. We were fools when we took the first swig, dip, drag, spoonful (food), or even hit. As time passes we experience moments of clarity and finally decide to quit. We then find great support programs like KTC, drink the cool-aid, and get involved with hundreds of like-minded quitters. In this quitter utopia, we learn the tools of the quit and build strength and confidence through repetitive roll call posts. This repetition gives us knowledge but, after all the good, it also breeds complacency. This is where we become badass and we think we've got our addiction whipped and that we are cured when we enter the HOF so we can leave our little utopia, with the tools and foolproof plan in hand, to go finish our quit alone our own way.

What happens after that? Most quitters will fail since the accountability and the brotherhood disappear and they are left to their own devices which turned them into an addict in the first place. In order to be a successful quitterÂ…we have to maintain our quitsÂ…every damn day. Our brains were hardwired for nicotine, alcohol, sugar, caffeine, and any illicit drug out there since we started using, so no matter how much time passes we will always be on the verge of relapse. ThatÂ’s where daily roll posts come in to provide the accountability lifeline so we donÂ’t fall into our old ways and the brotherhood established by constantly participating in the daily adventures of your quit group.

IÂ’m not going to leave KTC unless I die. This place has given me a new lease on life and, though most people may not understand why it takes me 45 minutes to post all my roll calls in the morning, I know that I am paying it forward to return the favor to KTC to help someone else thatÂ’s struggling to beat their addiction.

End of Rant!!
Nice Rant! There's a reason the appropriate motto states "Accountability + Brotherhood = Success". You're a shining bad-ass example of that ... once again, glad to have you in my corner, and glad to be in yours brother!
Keep ranting! This is good stuff: "...no matter how much time passes we will always be on the verge of relapse". Our bodies have 'memory' and all the nicotine abuse tracks have been laid by countless hours, days, weeks, years of abuse. These haven't gone away- they are only dormant just waiting and at time begging (craves) to get used again. That is the burden we carry for abusing this shit! All or nothing, no in between. That's why you gotta own your quit! And you are owning the shit out of this quit.

Quit with you
You bring up a good point Bazooka, i.e. the disappearance of brotherhood and accountability. They're so critical in the first hundred days, but like any friendship, it needs to be nurtured. For example, a badass MF quitter in the March Ironmen, BanjoSteve, started a fantasy football league. We got ironmen and few other months in this league. There are daily group texts sent out and we just joke and futz about. It's a nice break from the humdrum of the day. As football comes to an end, baseball starts. These daily interactions...I'm always thinking about those guys. And I'm always thinking about my promise to them, to the iron men, to all of you at KTC. Like any relationship, the little things go a long way.
Like a lot of these guys I learned from my quit, and applied it to the rest of my life. Having a plan, taking things one day at a time, creating and keeping accountability have been cornerstones I've leaned on to live a healthier life. A life I would not be living if I didn't find this site. Congrats Bazooka.....keep being a leader.
More importantly, thanks for bringing the big bouncy gun wielding blonde back.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »

Hey Joe,

End of Rant!!

Quit with you

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2014, 02:05:00 PM »

Hey Joe,

End of Rant!!

Quit with you
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »

Hey Joe,

End of Rant!!

Quit with you

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »

Hey Joe,

End of Rant!!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.