Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 14004 times)

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 07:19:00 PM »
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Another win this weekend. My brother, 2 nephews, and I went to the Mötley Crüe final tour concert at the Cynthia Woods Pavilion in the Woodlands, TX this weekend which was awesome to say the least. There was however rampant alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana use with the after affects easily seen, smelled, and heard. I didn't have one craving at the concert but headed home at 0000 hours had me thinking about a dip to keep my sorry ass awake so I could get my cargo home safely. My brother had a nearly full can of Red Seal with him but it never got to a point that I wanted any of that shit. I thought of my progress, that I took an oath when I posted roll that morning, and how much my commitment to my quit brothers and sisters meant to me. Needless to say we all made it home sober, safe, and with memories of a truly awesome concert. Here it is day 70 and nearly day 71 and I'm stronger than ever while approaching the fabled Day 70+ funk. All I have to say is BRING YOUR A GAME NIC BITCH and a sack lunch cuz you're gonna need it.
Awesome bro, you are killing (and rocking) this quit! Nice win, nicely done ... just awesome.

Reach out if the funk gets bad ... you've got my digits!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
Another win this weekend. My brother, 2 nephews, and I went to the Mötley Crüe final tour concert at the Cynthia Woods Pavilion in the Woodlands, TX this weekend which was awesome to say the least. There was however rampant alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana use with the after affects easily seen, smelled, and heard. I didn't have one craving at the concert but headed home at 0000 hours had me thinking about a dip to keep my sorry ass awake so I could get my cargo home safely. My brother had a nearly full can of Red Seal with him but it never got to a point that I wanted any of that shit. I thought of my progress, that I took an oath when I posted roll that morning, and how much my commitment to my quit brothers and sisters meant to me. Needless to say we all made it home sober, safe, and with memories of a truly awesome concert. Here it is day 70 and nearly day 71 and I'm stronger than ever while approaching the fabled Day 70+ funk. All I have to say is BRING YOUR A GAME NIC BITCH and a sack lunch cuz you're gonna need it.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Scowick65
I keep biting my damn cheek during the night because I wake up with fresh sores. I wonder if I'm dreaming about chewing and I end up gnawing on the tender tissue of my jowl. I've also had withdrawal symptoms again which consist of the glowing or warm sensation all over. I guess that's a harbinger of the day 70 funk. The good thing is I don't have any real cravings for dip even though I work with someone that chews Copenhagen and frequently talk to folks that use Grizzly WLC...my old brand. It doesn't appear to bother me and I attribute that to the ODAAT accountability that KTC gives me when I post roll EDD. I look forward to posting roll and if I don't, I'm either dead or totally out of cellular service because I don't want to go back to where I came from...I like it here...I like freedom.
freedom = good
Actually...freedom = great
We like you here too bro, thanks for strengthening my quit today!
Great post. Since I quit there is no doubt I have bit my cheek more times than I did during all the time before quitting. Sucks. But it's a small price to pay.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
I keep biting my damn cheek during the night because I wake up with fresh sores. I wonder if I'm dreaming about chewing and I end up gnawing on the tender tissue of my jowl. I've also had withdrawal symptoms again which consist of the glowing or warm sensation all over. I guess that's a harbinger of the day 70 funk. The good thing is I don't have any real cravings for dip even though I work with someone that chews Copenhagen and frequently talk to folks that use Grizzly WLC...my old brand. It doesn't appear to bother me and I attribute that to the ODAAT accountability that KTC gives me when I post roll EDD. I look forward to posting roll and if I don't, I'm either dead or totally out of cellular service because I don't want to go back to where I came from...I like it here...I like freedom.
freedom = good
We like you here too bro, thanks for strengthening my quit today!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2014, 06:54:00 PM »
freedom = good
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »
freedom = good

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »
Although AA and OA taught me not to be a people pleaser, I don't want to piss any of you off or let anyone other than myself down. I see how y'all handle people who caved and I don't want none of that shit. It's brutality incarnate. I know it's necessary to calibrate the non hackers, backsliders, liars, and sorry SOBs because they turned their back on their quit brothers and sisters all for a lip full of cancer....I get that. I want y'all to know that I'm using the dislike or even fear of retribution as motivation to stay quit. Believe me, if I start slipping Tuco's Grill, Smeds, ToddMI, or ZAM will be contacted to kick my ass back on track.
That is a fantastic list of people to have on the ready to hand one their ass. However, I would like to add that I like many who may come off like brutal individuals am asking pointed questions on purpose. The purpose is to make someone realize how fucking idiotic their cave was. We are all one minor lack of judgment away from a cave every day. Anyone of us could go from Quit Like Fuck to Caved Like a Moron, yet I refuse to lose. That little fucking weed will never be back in my life, my drive and inspiration is that I want to be here to enjoy life with my wonderful wife and kids. I have gambled on a lot of life issues in the past but a can of cancer will never again be one of those gambles.

You have my number and you are welcome to at any point in time contact me if you need another boot. I have a list of KTC quitters that I have to call for permission before I ever decide to risk my quit.

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Atomic fireballs rock!!!

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »
Although AA and OA taught me not to be a people pleaser, I don't want to piss any of you off or let anyone other than myself down. I see how y'all handle people who caved and I don't want none of that shit. It's brutality incarnate. I know it's necessary to calibrate the non hackers, backsliders, liars, and sorry SOBs because they turned their back on their quit brothers and sisters all for a lip full of cancer....I get that. I want y'all to know that I'm using the dislike or even fear of retribution as motivation to stay quit. Believe me, if I start slipping Tuco's Grill, Smeds, ToddMI, or ZAM will be contacted to kick my ass back on track.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
Made it to and from my deer lease with my brother who's trying to cut back. He does Red Seal which, as I recall, tastes like Skoal that I've always hated, so there was no problem there. I told him about KTC but he didn't seem interested...yet. I just kept my mind busy and kept my hands on the steering wheel of my Ranger while dodging mesquite trees and big rocks. I don't want to look forward too far but I can't wait to hunt without that stinky Nic bitch in the stand with me. I think it's going to be awesome.
No more monster bucks circling down wind and smelling that awful shit, and avoiding you. This will be the year of a biggun'!

I've got the same thoughts for myself this year. I wait until pre-rut to get up in a tree-stand, and this year will do so dip-free for the first time. FIRED UP to let the air out of an unsuspecting older buck!

Quit with you again bro! Your brother, just like you needs to want it (the quit) more than anything. Keep it up, maybe he'll come around. 99.95% of the guys we soapbox towards keep on stuffing their lips, but that .05% that listen is why we do it! Nice job this weekend!

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 06:02:00 AM »
Made it to and from my deer lease with my brother who's trying to cut back. He does Red Seal which, as I recall, tastes like Skoal that I've always hated, so there was no problem there. I told him about KTC but he didn't seem interested...yet. I just kept my mind busy and kept my hands on the steering wheel of my Ranger while dodging mesquite trees and big rocks. I don't want to look forward too far but I can't wait to hunt without that stinky Nic bitch in the stand with me. I think it's going to be awesome.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 09:54:00 AM »
Day 54 and the fog rolled in again. I'm also going to my deer lease this weekend to fill feeders (remember this is Texas and that's legal) and it will be the first time I've gone out there nic free. I'll post roll before I leave tomorrow and will see what kind of service I have out there (I usually have 4G) so I can post roll from my stand.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2014, 06:49:00 AM »
Without this forum to keep me true to myself and my quit group, I stood a chance to fail today when I found myself staring at a log of grizzly WLC at a convenience store. The stare only lasted for a nanosecond but the thought stayed with me. That little moment of weakness was likely caused by an argument I had with my sister today about some trivial bs siblings are known to squabble over. Needless to say I walked out of the store with a few diet Dr Peppers and a renewed sense of accomplishment. I looked the Nic bitch in the eye but paid her no attention beyond that momentary glance. She's going to have to rub one out by herself tonight 'cause I ain't buying. Thanks again KTC.
Nice win Joe! She has herpes anyway ...

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
Without this forum to keep me true to myself and my quit group, I stood a chance to fail today when I found myself staring at a log of grizzly WLC at a convenience store. The stare only lasted for a nanosecond but the thought stayed with me. That little moment of weakness was likely caused by an argument I had with my sister today about some trivial bs siblings are known to squabble over. Needless to say I walked out of the store with a few diet Dr Peppers and a renewed sense of accomplishment. I looked the Nic bitch in the eye but paid her no attention beyond that momentary glance. She's going to have to rub one out by herself tonight 'cause I ain't buying. Thanks again KTC.