Author Topic: Time to quit and grow up  (Read 1424 times)

Offline KayakKurt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hiking, Kayaking, Riding bikes, Hunting (deer), Fishing (salmon). Playing guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time to quit and grow up
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Quote from: spartan88
Hello all,

My name is Ross and I haven been dipping for 4 years. I stumbled across this site a few days ago after a scare at the dentist and decided its time to quit killing myself slowly. They found some a two millimeter sized tissue called leukoplakia on my gums and told me to quit and come back in two weeks to see if they need to do a biopsy or if it went away. The doctor said it didnt look that bad maybe it was a blessing in disguise, needless to say I am pretty freaked out.

I have tried quitting in the past only made it a few days each time. A lot of my hobbies lead themselves into dipping. Hunting, fishing, my baseball team, etc etc. I know it will be very difficult to quit. I have armed myself with enough jolly ranchers, gum, and fake chew so hopefully that will help. Now i just need to figure out how to join a quit group and get going.

Thanks
Great decision on coming to KTC, Ross. This site, the forum and a lot of guys (and gals) on here I've really helped me along on these early stages of my quit.

What kind of fake chew are you using? Smokey Mountain? I've been using oregon mint snuff and almost like it better than the real stuff. It's nice to be able to swallow it and not have to have a spitter, or be spitting on the floor or something

I know how things like hunting and fishing can be triggers. I do both too, but with the help of this forum you'll relearn both without a dip in your lip.
last cigarette 2/1/2012
last dip 2/18/2012
quit date 2/19/2012

My secrets of success so far: KTC, Sex, bacon, fake dip, wintergreen lifesavers, BLT sandwiches, bacon cheeseburgers, and bacon. What are yours?

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
Re: Time to quit and grow up
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
Welcome to KTC Ross, good to have you here! You are definitely correct. This will be very hard, but even then there is no "hopefully". There is just doing it. Post your roll, don't use, and repeat.

First thing you'll want to do is visit the salmon-colored Welcome Center link. Here you will find everything you need to know about KTC. What it is, how it works, why we do it, and what you should do next. Read everything in here so that you become educated with roll etc.

Once you've managed to do that, head on over to the June 2012 Quit Group. Here, use the information you found on posting roll in the Welcome Center to post your Day 1. This is your promise to the members of the group and the site that you will not dip for that day, and that day only. The major premise here at KTC is that we work ONE DAY at a time. Post roll for today, wake up in the morning, and post roll for tomorrow. It's that simple!

A few tips to succeed: Make a quit plan. What will you do in the event of a major crave? How will you prevent a cave? Formulate a plan and live by it. These days are going to get tough before it gets better. Visit the Live Chatroom and re-register. Upon signing in, you will be able to chat with a fellow quit brother. Form relationships with people and exchange numbers. They all know what you're going through and will gladly help you out at a moments notice.

I quit with you today Ross. Take this advice and use it. If you have any questions or comments, do not hesitate to PM me and I will get back to you asap!

Crew
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline spartan88

• Interests: hunting/fishing/baseball
Time to quit and grow up
« on: February 26, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Ross and I haven been dipping for 4 years. I stumbled across this site a few days ago after a scare at the dentist and decided its time to quit killing myself slowly. They found some a two millimeter sized tissue called leukoplakia on my gums and told me to quit and come back in two weeks to see if they need to do a biopsy or if it went away. The doctor said it didnt look that bad maybe it was a blessing in disguise, needless to say I am pretty freaked out.

I have tried quitting in the past only made it a few days each time. A lot of my hobbies lead themselves into dipping. Hunting, fishing, my baseball team, etc etc. I know it will be very difficult to quit. I have armed myself with enough jolly ranchers, gum, and fake chew so hopefully that will help. Now i just need to figure out how to join a quit group and get going.

Thanks
Quit Date 2/27/12

Brew Crew in 2012 lets do this!!!